This DIAD message......

ManInBrown

rod

Retired 22 years
How would they have gotten that diad message to you in your time at Ups? Carrier pigeon? Bike messenger? Fax it to one of your customers?
I know you are "trying" to be funny but back in my time that message would have never been sent. Mainly because there was no way to send it and even in the last quarter of my career when we did have DIADS they let us use common sense when delivering (something that seems to have disappeared from UPS). We backed when we wanted too. I'm curious what happened that all of a sudden backing was a mortal sin. Was there one day UPS had 500 deadly backing accidents? Hell -- my center never even had a truck with a backup camera in it when I retired in 2001. They install backup cameras and all of a sudden you can't back---way to go dumb asses.

Air Recovery

The second I got this message I called a few other drivers to see if the center was simply harassing me or if they were actually stupid enough to want us to call before every back....i had a tight resi area with alot of cul de sacs....alot of cars parked on the street......so they want me to swing half of a turn in a cul de sac, diad message them for permission to back and :censored2:ing sit there??

The problem is the idiot manager who read the backing report freaked out so gave this :censored2: order to not back without calling in.

I bet the :censored2: manager who made this decision (our dispatcher said it came from division manager or above) has never done this job once.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I know you are "trying" to be funny but back in my time that message would have never been sent. Mainly because there was no way to send it and even in the last quarter of my career when we did have DIADS they let us use common sense when delivering (something that seems to have disappeared from UPS). We backed when we wanted too. I'm curious what happened that all of a sudden backing was a mortal sin. Was there one day UPS had 500 deadly backing accidents? Hell -- my center never even had a truck with a backup camera in it when I retired in 2001. They install backup cameras and all of a sudden you can't back---way to go dumb asses.
I must have struck a nerve. You used to be a lot funner!

Dough99

F8D3041A-A173-45DD-BF1C-868F15FE7BBE.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Of all the "Instruction" to send that is what that particular OPS group is focused on....

Guess we didn't have time to work on anything else that would actually make us money.

My favorite this week is "why don't we have the centers call these certain shippers and ask them why they are not shipping with us?" yup, gonna work on that right now.

AE725A67-39C8-408F-8ECD-F5B530B9B0C7.gif
AE725A67-39C8-408F-8ECD-F5B530B9B0C7.gif