This DIAD message......

MassWineGuy

I will NEVER make it easy on them by using my phone to call.

Excellent idea. Cell phones go dead at all the “worst” times, don’t they? And suppose you are among the three people left who don’t have a cell phone? Does UPS require that you have one? FedEx doesn’t. How could any employer?

Don’t know about you folks, but at Express there is a standing policy of no backing. Of course, it gets followed probably like it does here. But if you hit something while backing, you get a letter, not a warning.

rod

Retired 22 years
Remember when they were so concerned with safety that you didn't need seat belts?
When auto manufactures were ordered by the government to install seatbelts in every vehicle the trucking industry got an exemption. Those were the days. Flying down those washboard dirt roads with both doors wide open and no seatbelts----------------------and we survived.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Excellent idea. Cell phones go dead at all the “worst” times, don’t they? And suppose you are among the three people left who don’t have a cell phone.

I refused to own a cell phone when I was driving. Still don’t own one. They got so fed up not being able to get hold of me when they wanted to, they asked me to carry a center cell phone. Had a UPS cell phone the last two years I worked. Cell coverage was sketchy at best so I answered when I felt like it.

My route was almost completely rural. I backed up almost every stop. Had no choice. You drive up driveways 1/4 mile and longer, you have to go into reverse to come back out. I just laughed at em when they asked me to try and cut out my backing as much as possible.

rod

Retired 22 years
:bsbullf:What helper was ever qualified to sort?
We did that all the time during peak. Throw the helper in the back of the truck and have him sort and enter your first dump stop in his DIAD while you were driving to your route.. Sometimes it looked like those scenes from Japan of them stuffing passengers into those commuter trains.

clean hairy

It's my dream to get a diad message like this! They would regret it sofa king fast their heads would spin. I'm known for following THEIR methods and directions to a T, so obviously I would get into a situation where I needed to back asap, send in a diad message, and wait for a response. It normally takes upwards of an hour to get a response back at my center, so I would get tons of Brown Cafe time sitting and waiting.
Fixed

Air Recovery

So message at every stop you have to back. Those stops you have to back many times, message at each and every back.
I did that for an apartment complex and the dispatcher was like "Dude, just back, I dont give a :censored2:"

I was going to call him 4 times in a row so he caught on by the second call

Ghost in the Darkness

My route was almost completely rural. I backed up almost every stop. Had no choice. You drive up driveways 1/4 mile and longer, you have to go into reverse to come back out. I just laughed at em when they asked me to try and cut out my backing as much as possible.

This is exactly what current route is now. Its amazing so many people have long driveways with no place to turn around.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You sound exactly like every single runner gunner I ever tried to smack some sense into. They would look at me in bewilderment when I would tell them what they need to do to handle these Jack :censored2:
Pretty sure you are confused. Definitely never ran. Maybe grab a Webster's and look up sarcasm. Let me know how you make out.

Zowert

Not only would I walk everything off, I would follow ORION to a T. It adds a good ten plus miles to my route. Yeah, it’s THAT bad.