Time to bump up that 401k

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Funny thing they tried to say since they only run air on Saturday it didn’t count. BA argued its extra work to them and myself, and they violated my seniority as Saturday is a ground day, whether they just ran air or not since we’d both be in a six punch.

ManInBrown

Just upped mine from 15% to 17% basically negates the $.70 raise. I won’t even know what I’m missing. I’m assuming the bump takes effect tomorrow. Is that correct?

barnyard

KTM rider
I am bumping up the amount withdrawn for my house payment. I have been doing an every other week payment and if my bank will not change to weekly, I will move all my accounts to a credit union and they will make weekly payments. My wife is starting a new job this fall and will be doubling her salary. She is going to add another chunk to the house, plus saving to replace both of our cars. They are both paid off, and I am putting the equivalent of 1 payment per month in savings. When she starts the new gig, she will be doing the same.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I am bumping up the amount withdrawn for my house payment. I have been doing an every other week payment and if my bank will not change to weekly, I will move all my accounts to a credit union and they will make weekly payments. My wife is starting a new job this fall and will be doubling her salary. She is going to add another chunk to the house, plus saving to replace both of our cars. They are both paid off, and I am putting the equivalent of 1 payment per month in savings. When she starts the new gig, she will be doing the same.
Get rid of the wife, lease an Altima, move into a condo with a cat, while going to the movies alone.

Then come back here and act like nothing’s wrong yet treat others with disdain.

Rack em

Made the Podium
More people need to have their :censored2: together like you and your wife. I am aiming to do exactly what you're doing.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I maxed mine out within the first 5 years and am glad i did. been retired nearly 4 years and still have not dipped into it. approaching 7 figures.

best decision i ever made was maxing out. helped me retire 5 years early also.

The Driver

I drive.
I bumped up my rate to 20% to get close to the $19,000 yearly limit for year 2019. I also am strongly considering saving up $6,000 to open and max out a Roth IRA.