Time to clean house

542thruNthru

I know of one extended building that turned over their pt time jobs twice in 3 years. Do you think they voted? The hubs have got to be worse and at the old pay rate it was worse. Heck $13 an hour is a joke without benefits in most metro buildings. Still waiting 9 months. Pt timers dont stay and the possibility that they voted in any meaningful percentage (company wide) this time is in my honest observation a shot in the dark for what its worth.

Everywhere is different and a extended center is probably really different. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say that PT was voting more then FT. I'm saying that everyone is blaming PT for the bad turn out and I don't agree with it.

Let's look at my building and like I said everywhere is different. We have many many PT workers that have more years then most full time drivers in other areas. It takes 11 years to go FT here. You think those PT workers don't see how they are getting screwed with 22.4s or how lower PT are getting huge bumps in pay?

Now think about 25 year and up drivers. You think they really care about 22.4 drivers? In my building and even on here. Most cared about the pension and healthcare. They could careless about the rest because they have the seniority and are on their way out.

I spent a lot of personal time passing out info at 3 different buildings. More high seniority members didn't even know what was going on than PT members did. Again that's my experience and I'm just saying I believe FT beat out PT with vote count but I don't think it's nearly as high as some people think it is.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I believe that's what BUG is trying to say.

Yep.

Btw I understood what ol bug was saying. I just get tired of him dissing upsers.

If pointing out the realities of (UPS) Teamster life is disrespectful.... I'm guilty.

But, did it ever occur to you.... that I just might be trying to motivate the troops

by guilting them into participation ? It's sad, that I feel the need to do that.

-Bug-

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"why'd you corporate weasels sell us out like that???":D
denis_taylor_ups-038.jpg

UPSER1987

Yep.

If pointing out the realities of (UPS) Teamster life is disrespectful.... I'm guilty.

But, did it ever occur to you.... that I just might be trying to motivate the troops

by guilting them into participation ? It's sad, that I feel the need to do that.

-Bug-

But if you motivate the troops, you may have had enough participation in the contract voting to make a difference.
But alas, everyone wants everything handed to them. If one isn’t self motivated to do something like vote , you get what you get.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Disagree.

I have not experienced this attitude from the Union Officials that I have worked with.

I have experienced much apathy from the rank and file though.

It’s a shame.
Who asked you (lacking) integrity who asks union members to be responsible for issues that you refuse to do yourself? Btw, my cape is functional. Yours is from the picture window in your house trailer?