Time to clean house

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by rudy5150, Jul 30, 2019.

1. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Everywhere is different and a extended center is probably really different. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say that PT was voting more then FT. I'm saying that everyone is blaming PT for the bad turn out and I don't agree with it.

Let's look at my building and like I said everywhere is different. We have many many PT workers that have more years then most full time drivers in other areas. It takes 11 years to go FT here. You think those PT workers don't see how they are getting screwed with 22.4s or how lower PT are getting huge bumps in pay?

Now think about 25 year and up drivers. You think they really care about 22.4 drivers? In my building and even on here. Most cared about the pension and healthcare. They could careless about the rest because they have the seniority and are on their way out.

I spent a lot of personal time passing out info at 3 different buildings. More high seniority members didn't even know what was going on than PT members did. Again that's my experience and I'm just saying I believe FT beat out PT with vote count but I don't think it's nearly as high as some people think it is.

2. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Yep.

If pointing out the realities of (UPS) Teamster life is disrespectful.... I'm guilty.

But, did it ever occur to you.... that I just might be trying to motivate the troops

by guilting them into participation ? It's sad, that I feel the need to do that.

-Bug-

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Shocking that you want....other people to pay for things for you. No cigarettes, no vaping, and no....tattoos. Sorry....Big Union Man. Lol.

5. BigUnionGuy

You got hired off the street.... right ?

Didn't work your way up from PT, to Pkg, to Feeder.

You guys are all the same.

6. What'dyabringmetoday???

You are "striking" out....big time Big Union Man. Lol.

7. What'dyabringmetoday???

It's too bad that "elected officials " hate the people that paid their way. Slobs.

8. BigUnionGuy

So....

You have been a company kiss-ass your whole career ?

9. What'dyabringmetoday???

Keep trying....Big Union Tough Talker. And don't break your arm...patting yourself on the back. Lol. (Probably hard to...reach).

10. BigUnionGuy

You have a very "high" opinion of yourself.

What's stopped you from running for Local Union Office ?

11. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Disagree.

I have not experienced this attitude from the Union Officials that I have worked with.

I have experienced much apathy from the rank and file though.

It’s a shame.

12. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

I think it's fine, the gravy train won't last forever and it's only expedited by those same officials

13. BigUnionGuy

What is the "gravy train" ?

14. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

"why'd you corporate weasels sell us out like that???":Ddenis_taylor_ups-038.jpg

15. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Nice pony tail

He looks old enough to know better

16. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

But if you motivate the troops, you may have had enough participation in the contract voting to make a difference.
    But alas, everyone wants everything handed to them. If one isn’t self motivated to do something like vote , you get what you get.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

He looks absolutely ridiculous, but he’s such a cooooool rebel

18. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

You should delete that picture. Poor guy is embarrassing himself and probably doesn’t even know it.

19. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

Who asked you (lacking) integrity who asks union members to be responsible for issues that you refuse to do yourself? Btw, my cape is functional. Yours is from the picture window in your house trailer?

20. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

That is one ugly lookin woman.