Time to clean house

SameRightsForAll

I supported the contract.

I agree with the 2/3 vote in this instance when voting turnout is poor.

2/3 vote is not unheard of in the democratic process.

IMO Supporting this contract is not grounds to accuse corruption.

If however you truly believe corruption exists then what are you going to do about it?

2/3rds always favors something and is therefore not democratic at all. Only a simple majority election is fair, and if you want to argue turnout, nobody can prove the actual turnout unless a private database is put online where everyone who voted or was denied a vote can submit one and only one point to be heard, and this list can be compared to what Hoffa claimed was the turnout. I for one do not believe the turnout was anywhere near low. Management went aggressively ABOVE AND BEYOND in every center making sure everyone voted, and they even set up the office computers where a worker could vote as far as the reports on this site claim. Were these IBT sanctioned votes? Did they count? Was it just a survey appearing as a ballot? Nothing but crickets. Nobody dares ask questions, do they. My question is did the MASSIVE hire-in done shortly before the election add to the number of "required" voters for the purpose of the 2/3rds rule, and were any of these new voters disqualified for any reason at any point before or after they voted, before or after the election.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Coli got 8 yrs. Tell the truth.
Plea bargained to 2 yrs if he squeals on folks in his circle of friends.
Becky S, the Greeks from the theater including a wife who got $1000 per week without working.
It's more than 1 or 2 people who got busted and it's still unraveling. One blue collar member stealing doesnt destroy the reputation of the union like these people, already hauling in over $300 grand, multiple pensions, and getting caught in extortion plus other corruption issues. Girls scouts? No sir. They have a code of ethics and keep their promises.

Tell me more....

What'dyabringmetoday???

Coli is gonna do 2 years in jail.

Rome only got a 2 year suspension.

2 people out of 1.2 million members.... figure out the %.

Did you realize this is the Teamsters Union, and not the Girl Scouts ?

:biggrin:

What card, do you have in your wallet ?

You deserve a round of applause.... for posting something different.

What sort of Teamster job do you have ?
One where you have to....work for a living. You can defend all of the fat slobs as much as you want. Stop pretending that the members are their first priority. I certainly understand why....you don't care for me. Most likely it is because....you know that I am right. Have a good night Big Union Man. Lol.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
One where you have to....work for a living. You can defend all of the fat slobs as much as you want. Stop pretending that the members are their first priority. I certainly understand why....you don't care for me. Most likely it is because....you know that I am right. Have a good night Big Union Man. Lol.

You better go study and memorize those safety questions.

There could be a "pop quiz" in the morning....

:biggrin:

BuckyBadger

It's funny, how people always underestimate the power of incumbency.

Only elected delegates and alternates sit up front.

All the guests and other members, sit in the back of the room.

;)
and that's your response to a rule that clearly needs changing (2/3'rds vote, 50% vote). We're in power, sorry.

A better response would be "yes, we see that the majority will of the UPS employee's desired vote was subverted by a rule that needs changing"

And before you ask, yet again, I'm not associated with TDU and whatever else alphabet soup is out there.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
don't worry, it is only one or two bad apples out of millions

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
don't worry, it is only one or two bad apples out of millions
20190805_162744.jpg
Screenshot_20190805-162830_Chrome.jpg

A little bit goes a long way.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
and that's your response to a rule that clearly needs changing (2/3'rds vote, 50% vote).

Let me see, if I can understand your thoughts.

A small group of disenfranchised UPS members, feel they have the need

(or ability) to try and change the IBT Constitution to conform to their agenda ?

There are 23 different divisions within the Teamsters.

Who else is complaining about the 2/3 50% rule ?

-Bug-

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Let me see, if I can understand your thoughts.

A small group of disenfranchised UPS members, feel they have the need

(or ability) to try and change the IBT Constitution to conform to their agenda ?

There are 23 different divisions within the Teamsters.

Who else is complaining about the 2/3 50% rule ?

-Bug-
"Agenda". Only missed the % to shoot down the master by about 4-6%. That was the agenda.
"Small group". What is 46% of (ruffly) 256,000 teamsters? Small group of about 117,760 members. That's who we are.
"Disenfranchised"? You mean "Dismembered" in RTW states more than ever now. Why do you come on brown cafe and trash talk members who this site is dedicated to? Beside the management on here you seem to be in the minority margin that gets happiness from treating your fellow union members with disdain and malice with regards to their opinions on ibt leadership. Can't you find something to encourage people like @Integrity does even if he/she/it isnt something he/she/it lives by? Btw how you doing anyway? It's great to have you in the house bud. :disguised:

542thruNthru

"Agenda". Only missed the % to shoot down the master by about 4-6%. That was the agenda.
"Small group". What is 46% of (ruffly) 256,000 teamsters? Small group of about 117,760 members. That's who we are.
"Disenfranchised"? You mean "Dismembered" in RTW states more than ever now. Why do you come on brown cafe and trash talk members who this site is dedicated to? Beside the management on here you seem to be in the minority margin that gets happiness from treating your fellow union members with disdain and malice with regards to their opinions on ibt leadership. Can't you find something to encourage people like @Integrity does even if he/she/it isnt something he/she/it lives by? Btw how you doing anyway? It's great to have you in the house bud. :disguised:

Not to rain on your parade but 54% of 44% of the total members voted No.
So out of 250k roughly 60k voted No.

Edit... Actually the real number is 50,248 voted No.
Screenshot_20190805-201515_Samsung Internet.jpg

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Not to rain on your parade but 54% of 44% of the total members voted No.
So out of 250k roughly 60k voted No.

Edit... Actually the real number is 50,248 voted No.
View attachment 258364
The 50% rule was within close reach ( I believe that was 44.8% closer to 45% than 44%). So the statement about the "small group" is still false. I stand corrected on the total of no voters even tho the issue is about dissing the large amount of members that participated and were at the end disregarded when the company was ready to return to the table, the union leadership said done deal. And was the total was roughly 60,480 not 50,248? 54% of the 44.8% (45) of the "250,000".

Last edited:

542thruNthru

The 50% rule was within close reach ( I believe that was 44.8% closer to 45% than 44%). So the statement about the "small group" is still false. I stand corrected on the total of no voters even tho the issue is about dissing the large amount of members that participated and were at the end disregarded when the company was ready to return to the table, the union leadership said done deal. And was the total was roughly 60,480 not 50,248? 54% of the 44.8% (45) of the "250,000".

Actually the small group is correct. People that voted yes don't care about the 50% rule. So if we are being honest with ourselves. Only 50,248 out of the total number of eligible UPS teamster care about that rule.

To put it into perspective. There are 1.4 million teamster members. All governed by the IBT constitution(which is where the 50% rule comes from). I have no idea if any other teamster represented members from other companies care so going off what I do know. Only 50,248 members out of 1.4 million are upset about the rule.

I believe that's what BUG is trying to say.

Just so we are clear. I hate the rule as well.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Actually the small group is correct. People that voted yes don't care about the 50% rule. So if we are being honest with ourselves. Only 50,248 out of the total number of eligible UPS teamster care about that rule.

To put it into perspective. There are 1.4 million teamster members. All governed by the IBT constitution(which is where the 50% rule comes from). I have no idea if any other teamster represented members from other companies care so going off what I do know. Only 50,248 members out of 1.4 million are upset about the rule.

I believe that's what BUG is trying to say.

Just so we are clear. I hate the rule as well.
Let's not all get into the ditch with this thinking. Just because the percentages are lower than what would seem significant you have to realize how many UPS Teamsters are disconnected from faith in the leadership and wont vote anymore because of what happened last time. Add that to the influx and revolving door staffing in the part time ranks who wont vote because they arent going to stay at ups for the long or short haul. Dont tell me that 44.8% is a lesser turnout than normal. Allegedly only 20+% voted for going on strike if necessary. Do you really think people believed that HOF would put us out on the street? Not here. So why bother to vote for a strike. That's all we heard. Waste of time they said. There's not much faith left after the last cba debacle and the numbers are sliding even worse now. But let's do the math again just for arguement's sake: 44.8 percent of "250,000" (your figure) multiplied by 54% =60,480?
Btw I understood what ol bud was saying. I just get tired of him dissing upsers. Respecting all members is in the creed is it not?
Someone needs to live by it.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Let's not all get into the ditch with this thinking. Just because the percentages are lower than what would seem significant you have to realize how many UPS Teamsters are disconnected from faith in the leadership and wont vote anymore because of what happened last time. Add that to the influx and revolving door staffing in the part time ranks who wont vote because they arent going to stay at ups for the long or short haul. Dont tell me that 44.8% is a lesser turnout than normal. Allegedly only 20+% voted for going on strike if necessary. Do you really think people believed that HOF would put us out on the street? Not here. So why bother to vote for a strike. That's all we heard. Waste of time they said. There's not much faith left after the last cba debacle and the numbers are sliding even worse now. But let's do the math again just for arguement's sake: 44.8 percent of "250,000" (your figure) multiplied by 54% =60,480?

Yes it was a better turn out then normal. I was happy to see that and I think PTers voted more then people are giving them credit for.

No I don't believe the current president would allow a strike unless left no other choice by the members.

Yes I also agree that we have some lazy locals out there and their days are numbered. Even in my local we have a slate getting ready to take on the current elected officials.

There are 250k+ ups laborers BUT with RTW states there are not that many eligible voting members.
So that's why your 60k number is wrong. Yes I said 250k also and I am wrong as well.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Yes it was a better turn out then normal. I was happy to see that and I think PTers voted more then people are giving them credit for.

No I don't believe the current president would allow a strike unless left no other choice by the members.

Yes I also agree that we have some lazy locals out there and their days are numbered. Even in my local we have a slate getting ready to take on the current elected officials.

There are 250k+ ups laborers BUT with RTW states there are not that many eligible voting members.
So that's why your 60k number is wrong. Yes I said 250k also and I am wrong as well.
I know of one extended building that turned over their pt time jobs twice in 3 years. Do you think they voted? The hubs have got to be worse and at the old pay rate it was worse. Heck $13 an hour is a joke without benefits in most metro buildings. Still waiting 9 months. Pt timers dont stay and the possibility that they voted in any meaningful percentage (company wide) this time is in my honest observation a shot in the dark for what its worth.