Tips for Covering a New Route

Snack

I’m a new driver, and I’m beginning to get exposed to routes other than my qualifying route. I could use some tips as far as morning game-planning or just advice on running blind in general. Any info is appreciated.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I’m a new driver, and I’m beginning to get exposed to routes other than my qualifying route. I could use some tips as far as morning game-planning or just advice on running blind in general. Any info is appreciated.
Just relax and one stop at a time

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Just EC whatever you don’t feel like doing!!

Future

Victory Ride
Drive fast and take chances
FF1E6A08-8898-4F8E-BF1E-9F058FEE9339.gif

MrBates

If you just qualified, you don't have to worry about rushing anymore. Run straight air, identify all the businesses and deliver them first, and then train yourself to look at the map on the diad once while your walking back to the truck. After that, drive around till you find it is the best way to learn a new route. Easy overtime! When I'm on a route blind, I hit em hard and make them pay.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Look at maps on the computer and print them out, it will take time and trail and error to learn new routes. Request a supervisor to go out and help teach you new routes if they are willing, ask for 8hrs on the first day on a new route to lower dispatch to make the day a little easier.