Tips for Covering a New Route

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’m a new driver, and I’m beginning to get exposed to routes other than my qualifying route. I could use some tips as far as morning game-planning or just advice on running blind in general. Any info is appreciated.
Follow Orion 100% it’s why it’s there. Enjoy the bigger paychecks.

OKLABob

I’m a new driver, and I’m beginning to get exposed to routes other than my qualifying route. I could use some tips as far as morning game-planning or just advice on running blind in general. Any info is appreciated.
Just print your maps and go to number one and connect the dots all day eventually you’ll start to learn the routes I’ve been driving for 2 years and I’ve covered almost every route my building has to offer. Good luck though!

OKLABob

Look at maps on the computer and print them out, it will take time and trail and error to learn new routes. Request a supervisor to go out and help teach you new routes if they are willing, ask for 8hrs on the first day on a new route to lower dispatch to make the day a little easier.
Let’s be real that isn’t gonna happen. Supervisors don’t even know the routes. My supervisor doesn’t know his ass from his elbows!

Because Orion makes you hit resi and small business early during the day then it makes you deliver and pickup at the same time later on. Traffic is really bad so you lose alot of time. If you dont hustle you'll never get it done. Easily 100 - 120 total stops. 70 Business and sometimes 30 resi stops including 30 pickups. You have to hit those early stops or you will miss them small businesses due to rush hour. The original driver got hurt, he liked the hours so it's such a :censored2: route. Trust me, used to bust it out but not anymore

Db2400

Run orion, zero out on telematics, you get paid by the hour

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Easiest thing to do is ask another swing driver who knows the route. Pick their brains about how they deliver, what order they do pick ups in and what's a good place. Don't kill yourself to impress but stay off the reports and you'll be golden.