Tired of helping others at end of day

542thruNthru

ARTICLE 18–MEAL PERIOD (FULL-TIME)

Employees shall be entitled to and required to take an unpaid meal period between the third (3rd) and sixth (6th) hour of work.

(a) All employees shall receive at least one (1) ten (10) minute paid break.

(b) Employees who presently enjoy two (2) paid breaks shall continue this practice.

(c) Local past practice shall prevail regarding the duration of the meal and rest periods. In areas where the Employer has a 10:30 a.m. air commitment, breaks will be taken so as to not jeopardize the delivery guarantee.

(d) All paid-for time shall be counted in computing overtime.

I don't trust this. Can I get the highlighted contract version. :)

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Me two years later...

Them:

Go help so and so with stops when you finish.

Ohhh you want me to go help someone? Ok sure. But all of my sudden my phone is dead and Diad isn’t too far behind it. Not to mention I need an air meet now and have yet to take my lunch because of this Prime madness. Talk to you in an hour!

barnyard

KTM rider
Anyone else become the most difficult person on the planet to work with when they pull these shenanigans?

Besides telling them they have to force me, set up the meet point and time, I also respond to the green light of death as slowly as possible. I reply and start driving and do not reply until I am at my next stop, walking up to the house. I also save 10 minutes of break for the end of the day. Usually get an ice cream sandwich or whatever. All replies are after that break is over.

KoennenTiger

You folks don't know how to slow yourselves down if you could help yourself.

Somethings to remember:

Stretch. HYDRATE (including throughout your day).

Verify EDD manifest. Note commercial deliveries.

Accurate pretrip as per methods. Ensure your vision glass is clean and you have enough fuel to complete your day.

NDA is a priority make sure you go OUT OF YOUR WAY to get it delivered ACCURATELY before commit time.

Use all available restrooms when you encounter them in a effort to PLAN AHEAD when nature calls.

Check load for misloads and communicate them to your management team VIA DIAD as per guidelines set by local management.

Familiarize yourself with cool down locations on your route.

Commercial deliveries done before 5.

Lunch is between your third and fifth hour.

Hand truck is secure each time it is brought back into the cab.

Pick up pieces are sorted by service and smalls containerized and off loaded in their designated areas at your facility. Same with value pick up pieces.

Post Trip.

Accurate turn in procedure for COD pieces.

What is this? Three year old toddler hour?

barnyard

KTM rider
Be careful, I have been told I was being insubordinate because I didn't work first grieve later. Apparently asking a question before doing a task is being insubordinate lol.

I was told similar. I said, "If I just say no, you are going to force me anyways. I am just getting to that point faster."

oldngray

nowhere special
I was told similar. I said, "If I just say no, you are going to force me anyways. I am just getting to that point faster."
I had them try to claim I was refusing to help when I questioned them. I told them I would have missed stops of my own if I had to break off to help. I asked bluntly, are you telling me to have missed stops to go help or do you want me to finish my own work first? They would hem and stall but finally tell me to finish my own work first. By the time I finished the person who was crying for help is usually already done.