Tired of helping others at end of day

UPSER1987

Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.

If you buddy* out every driver you have to help face to face, after awhile that nonsense will stop. No greater pressure than peer pressure. Don t wait for management, take those turds on face to face!

Part of its generational but you can also blame the company.

They’ve made it very clear we are just a number to them. They’ll plug someone else right in without any thought. So why would new employees have pride in what they do when they’re treated like a mule.
They wasn't taught the old way, we used to service customers and was able to make good business decisions for company now that's all out the window.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

If you buddy* out every driver you have to help face to face, after awhile that nonsense will stop. No greater pressure than peer pressure. Don t wait for management, take those turds on face to face!

Lol. I'd love to see someone do that to me.

I get help a lot. Because I'm on 9.5 and the company computer says its giving me a planned day under 8.

I'm not kidding I think I'd start laughing my ass off if someone tried to bitch me out because they had to help me. I'd literally say to them... "yeah, and what are you going to do about it? Here's your stops bitch."

UPSER1987

I get help a lot. Because I'm on 9.5 and the company computer says its giving me a planned day under 8.

I'm not kidding I think I'd start laughing my ass off if someone tried to bitch me out because they had to help me. I'd literally say to them... "yeah, and what are you going to do about it? Here's your stops bitch."

Keyboard warrior.

vvv

I agree it’s a weak brother/sister hood because everyone quivers when it’s time to put up or shut up, but when it’s the same lazy a** people that want help everyday, do everyone a favor and find a new job.

Sorry......no can do brother. Not without a buyout!! :) :)

vvv

Spot on.

Go ahead. You'll see one day. No matter what you think of stewards and union leadership, there's a reason the "old heads" are the way they are. You CAN be a steward also if you aren't satisfied

Steward is not my calling. Just saying we need more leaders. Not ones who can't lead if u get my drift.

542thruNthru

Sounds like an old head. In my building you'd be another one being paid the big bucks to be sorry.

Nope. Management thinks they can intimidate me to go faster by trying to pit other drivers against me.

They know what I need to be at to make 9.5 and most of the drivers that help me know that as well. Someone wants to bitch me out for not running so that they don't have to help me. I'll be happy to smile in their face and hand them the stops.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Must be nice making over 35 bucks per hour and not care to help those truly in need with their day. Everyone's so selfish. You all forgot that u didn't get where u r by urself. I bet some think that their alarm clock woke them up also. What a brother/sisterhood!!!!

You must be new here

Lmao

You must be new here

Lmao

Nah not new. This is probably the only job you've ever had. So like an only child you don't know how to treat others. Other jobs and life experiences have taught me morals and values. I live by the golden rule. If you are not familiar I can post it. While u are laughing your butt off I am SMH.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I never helped anyone and never asked for help.
Back before all this Navigation crap guys would say they didn't have knowledge of the area.
It was comical when they would send utility/cut drivers out blind with a garbage cut car with all resi stops in 4 different zip codes. 2 that were 30 miles west of the hub and 2 that were 15 miles east of the hub.

UPSER1987

I never helped anyone and never asked for help.
Back before all this Navigation crap guys would say they didn't have knowledge of the area.
It was comical when they would send utility/cut drivers out blind with a garbage cut car with all resi stops in 4 different zip codes. 2 that were 30 miles west of the hub and 2 that were 15 miles east of the hub.

I agree with your first sentence. All this help smile* is for p’s.