Tired of helping others at end of day

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.
If you are getting done everyday before you start your pickups they're most definitely gonna call you to help someone.Most days I have 30 to 40 stops left after 5,and sometimes I might get. Help.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you are getting done everyday before you start your pickups they're most definitely gonna call you to help someone.Most days I have 30 to 40 stops left after 5,and sometimes I might get. Help.
hes a runner...no doubt.. But the op will argue all day that they aren't...whatever.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can refuse to work as directed and never have to worry about it again!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'll play the game to an extent. But if you tell me you need help and I see you rolling in at 1705 while the guy who helped you rolls in at 1900 guess what my answer will be next time.

That used to burn me to no end, especially if the guy I helped had less seniority.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't mind helping sometimes. Just get tired if certain people crying.wolf all of the time.
But I also know the guys who are constantly getting screwed with dispatch and the ones who DO have an easy day but are throwing the anchor down... And the two above examples are understood by old timers like you and I but new drivers lump the two examples together... Thinking every driver who needs help is lazy... Not ok!!