Tired of working at UPS.

At the rate at which I am being sent home I ready to go. I have already applied for several other jobs, which I am real excited about. In the mean time I will hang on.

At the end of the day UPS doesn't pay it employees anything worth giving a :censored2: about their jobs I'm trying to get out to why am I showing up to only work 2-3 hours I'm wasting my time and ups is wasting my time I could be making a livable income somewhere else

D

Deleted member 77202

I've been where you are, and I wish I could tell you it gets better, but, in my case, it honestly only got a very little bit better.

The reason my situation of being sent home first out of everyone (even before employees who were hired after me) improved is because I got into the Union, but it took many weeks till I got in because they called me in to work as little as possible in those early days.

Still don't know why (and I've been there a few years now) but the Supervisor just doesn't like me, and he always assigns me the tasks no one else wants to do, he doesn't make eye contact with me during the very few times he actually speaks to me, jokes around with others but not me, has an irritated look on his face if I ask him a question -- but happily answers others' questions, etc.
It hurts.
I'm not a slacker, I arrive early, am polite, and helpful, but he is so cold to me.
I avoid him, which isn't difficult -- because he doesn't come around me much.

Bob11B

At the end of the day UPS doesn't pay it employees anything worth giving a :censored2: about their jobs I'm trying to get out to why am I showing up to only work 2-3 hours I'm wasting my time and ups is wasting my time I could be making a livable income somewhere else
Then why aren’t you? What brought you here?

Seymour Packages

Double dip if there is a Fedex Ground nearby. I know a few guys at my center that would work local sort at our building then a midnight shift at FXG. Long days but they said the money wasn't bad. Keep quiet about it. When your situation improves at UPS or your find better work elsewhere, you'll have options.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Only friend/Ts make a livable wage.
Everyone else ( including p/t sups ) are just like cannon fodder on a battle field.

GaloSengen

Preloading Grunt
is a part time job supposed to pay a living wage?
No but you shouldn't be expected to work friend/T hours in a P/T position either.
And you most definitely shouldn't have to file grievances over O/T pay discrepancies every single week because the company is too slimy to want to acknowledge that they owe you an accurate pay compensation for the time you worked.

There’s nothing wrong with being an airline pilot for 24 years making over $100,000 for 19 of those, retire. Live on your pension and use UPS part-time job to keep an income, stay in shape, social life. We all have our story. Trust me UPS pilots make more than brown carriage drivers.
Pilot jobs are going to be very hard to come by right now especially with all the major airlines doing massive layoffs

We definitely need more carriage drivers than we do pilots right now

Rown1986

There’s nothing wrong with being an airline pilot for 24 years making over $100,000 for 19 of those, retire. Live on your pension and use UPS part-time job to keep an income, stay in shape, social life. We all have our story. Trust me UPS pilots make more than brown carriage drivers.
Sleeper drivers make more.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Pilot jobs are going to be very hard to come by right now especially with all the major airlines doing massive layoffs

We definitely need more carriage drivers than we do pilots right now
I stalk a lot of UPSers... they took me back, so yes they are desperate for drivers.

However, they are also flourishing as an airline; the only one at the moment. I saw on LinkedIn they just onboarded 20 new pilots. All of them were military, however. I had a pipe dream of becoming an airline captain, albeit too late since I was already a senior in high school with a 2.2 gpa. Regardless, I joined the Marine Corps with the slogan “one day I will become an officer/Aviator.”

There’s no way in hell anybody in this economy can accumulate all of the hours required to just apply for an airline pilot slot at any airline, without being in the military. We’re talking about 20,000 hours, each hour would be about $200 for a civilian going to flight school.

rickyb

I stalk a lot of UPSers... they took me back, so yes they are desperate for drivers.

However, they are also flourishing as an airline; the only one at the moment. I saw on LinkedIn they just onboarded 20 new pilots. All of them were military, however. I had a pipe dream of becoming an airline captain, albeit too late since I was already a senior in high school with a 2.2 gpa. Regardless, I joined the Marine Corps with the slogan “one day I will become an officer/Aviator.”

There’s no way in hell anybody in this economy can accumulate all of the hours required to just apply for an airline pilot slot at any airline, without being in the military. We’re talking about 20,000 hours, each hour would be about $200 for a civilian going to flight school.
me too. glad i didnt try i wouldve been mistaken for a terrorist. actually railroading is too boring so im imagining being a pilot would be similar.

my dad wanted to be one too but he had bad eyes.

i flew a stunt plane in LA. cant remember if i flew that glider in arizona or not, but we did tricks there too. saw a sign just by coincidence.

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
Every single time I am the one who gets picked on to be sent home. Even though there was a trainee, he was just floating around picking up randon stuff. Another preloader even joke saying "You just walking around doing nothing." There were three other trainees on they belt. They came several weeks after me. As soon as senior preloader showed up and showed almost 2 hours late. I am told I have to go, Overstaff. Why me?
How long with UPS? How many hours are you working?