To all those who want to vote YES on the proposed contract...

brazenbrown

The only thing you detect is someone who doesn't like you. I'm not even remotely close to 40 years old, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I know your kind, your the guy who talks big and tells others to file but don't have the spine to file yourself. Keep being afraid to make waves, keep being anti-union, keep brown-nosing, your day is coming.

You don't like me, you don't know me and I don't care!

You were standing up for 40 year olds and I happen to be at least 40 so you have no idea what you're talking about!

The difference between you and me is that I go to work everyday knowing what's expected of me and how to get my job done. You go to work afraid because you can't do your job without the union holding your hand.

I have great respect for UPS and the union and I don't brown nose like you say....I do my job and when I have problems I work them out!!

My day is coming alright...Hopefully your's will come too!!:thumbup1:

Braveheart

Wow you sound just like the auto workers,,look where they are now, over 1/2 have been layed off, wow I am safe I have 20 years I wont get laid off
We are making $4 billion dollars per year and not losing money so that comparison is stupid! Secondly we do not have to compete with 10 to 20 foreign car companies!

We have competition but all are regulated by the same laws unlike car builders building them oversees.

brazenbrown

Are you a manager, scab, brownnoser, lillyliver that never has had to or will ever stand up for others or all of the above? You seem like a yes man or yes women!!!

Your insults say a lot about the kind of person you are..

You know, I really liked the movie Braveheart and everytime I look at your avatar I can only think of Mel Gibson in that brave, brave roll he played....You should probably lose the avatar because it's not fitting for your image...

I'm a long time driver with more sense than you'll ever have. It's guys like you who give UPS and the union a bad name by constantly demanding what you don't deserve...

Grow up before we have to call you mummy and daddy up to spank your lilyliver spoiled ass!!:laugh:

Griff

You don't like me, you don't know me and I don't care!

You were standing up for 40 year olds and I happen to be at least 40 so you have no idea what you're talking about!

The difference between you and me is that I go to work everyday knowing what's expected of me and how to get my job done. You go to work afraid because you can't do your job without the union holding your hand.

I have great respect for UPS and the union and I don't brown nose like you say....I do my job and when I have problems I work them out!!

My day is coming alright...Hopefully your's will come too!!:thumbup1:

You're in management and it shows. You aren't a UPS driver.

We are making $4 billion dollars per year and not losing money so that comparison is stupid! Secondly we do not have to compete with 10 to 20 foreign car companies!

We have competition but all are regulated by the same laws unlike car builders building them oversees.

The comparison to the automakers is absolutely valid.

1- They do not "compete" with 10 to 20 foreign car makers. There are 2 or 3 big players in the market, just like FedEx, DHL and the USPS.
2- They are regulated by the exact same laws. They don't ship the cars over from Japan, they build them here. The big difference is that the competition is non union. There is a substantial difference in the compensation packages between the US and foreign plants. Their enormous pension obligations are part of the reason they aren't 4 billion in the black.

Damok

Gee, aren't you a smart one? Dragging the Auto workers union into this because I'm unhappy about contract language that allows UPS to screw Teamsters at every turn. The same handful of people spit the same management rhetoric on here when it comes to the contract. Stop comparing us to the Auto workers, you aren't scaring anyone and it's just plain idiotic to begin with.

How is it idiotic to bring up problems with a union that demanded more than a reasonable person would expect and subsequently had their power go down the toilet? Seems to me it's a pretty good idea to keep egos and a sense of entitlement in check and the UAW debacle just enforces that.

705red

Browncafe Steward
How is it idiotic to bring up problems with a union that demanded more than a reasonable person would expect and subsequently had their power go down the toilet? Seems to me it's a pretty good idea to keep egos and a sense of entitlement in check and the UAW debacle just enforces that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, we are here to debate why we should vote yes or no. I see alot of the no points being expressed, and on the yes side the only valid point is the cs buyout. We cannot worry about losing volume or customers at this stage. This is not the first contract to get debated by upsers in the ups's long history so this is not a valid point.Yes ups wants out of cs, the question here is how long will cs live with the last payment of 6.1 billion. Since the largest contributer is pulling out, how long will it take to spend these funds? Remember upsers in this fund will still be drawing out of it. These are the points that should be brought up, the pros and cons and which out weights what, thats how you determine a fair contract. Everyone knows my take on it, and im not here to switch your vote one way or the other, just make an informed vote.

Damok

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, we are here to debate why we should vote yes or no. I see alot of the no points being expressed, and on the yes side the only valid point is the cs buyout. We cannot worry about losing volume or customers at this stage. This is not the first contract to get debated by upsers in the ups's long history so this is not a valid point.Yes ups wants out of cs, the question here is how long will cs live with the last payment of 6.1 billion. Since the largest contributer is pulling out, how long will it take to spend these funds? Remember upsers in this fund will still be drawing out of it. These are the points that should be brought up, the pros and cons and which out weights what, thats how you determine a fair contract. Everyone knows my take on it, and im not here to switch your vote one way or the other, just make an informed vote.

I'm not sure what you meant here. The response you quoted was itself a response to Griff saying that the UAW trouble has no place in discussions here.

silverfox

Your 3rd post...congrats!!

Did you register to add your opinions to a growing and thriving website about UPS or to make a statement about how to vote NO because it's your religous duty??

Had the pension issue been resolved 10 years ago we'd be in much better shape now..Instead we had a union leader, Ron Carey with a chip on his shoulder and it's even more screwed up.

NICE!:thumbup1:

what center are you a supervisor in ?

pkg-king

Please remember that this is an early agreement, and a NO vote will not lead to a strike or anything necessarily. There is nothing to lose by voting no, they have plenty of time to renegotiate. Any new deal that would come after being soundly rejected by us, the UPS laborers, would no doubt be better. UPS doesn't want a strike and neither do we.

Vote no, give them time to get it right. You have nothing to lose. It's not like UPS will come back with a worse offer. And if they did, there is still plenty of time for them to get it right after it's rejected by a higher margin.

Does this post come with a laugh track...my volume is not working so I can't tell

August 1 is a long ways away :)

brazenbrown

what center are you a supervisor in ?

Your's..It's based out of TDU central!!:w00t:

I don't know about you but I'm a driver with a little common sense and not intimidated by your tactics.

If you want to go to battle then put on the gloves of information and just try and come up with some valid information rather than your less-than informative type of TDU inspired B.S.....

Otherwise I'll know you are the propagandist sent from hither and dither..

Good luck!:cool:

blue efficacy

If anybody can give me five good things about the contract that will make things better for me vs. the previous contract, I'll vote yes. You misguided people who think it would be in anybody's best interest besides the company and the union officials to vote yes have been challenged.

Damok

If anybody can give me five good things about the contract that will make things better for me vs. the previous contract, I'll vote yes. You misguided people who think it would be in anybody's best interest besides the company and the union officials to vote yes have been challenged.

Somehow I think your mind is already made up and any information to the contrary will be ignored. I don't much care for banging my head against up against a wall :) Not to mention that I think the goal is to disseminate and analyze information so everyone makes an informed decision, not to go around "changing votes".

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
I am vested in Central States and will be voting no. This contract won't save the Central States portion of my pension even if the contract passes exactly as written. UPS will offset the CS portion that is due to me and if CS goes under they won't make up the difference. There is no reason to screw over other UPSers for this crappy deal.

Forgot to add: at least if the government gets involved the books will have to be opened and we can see anyone from the Teamsters or UPS needs to be doing some jail time.

Thanks Tackleberry, im happy to see other CS'ers feeling the same way. There is no way this should even go to vote, there is absolutely nothing worth a yes vote on this contract.