To all you youngsters thinking about making UPS a career

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Our pension fund recommends that you start the process at least 90 days in advance but, to answer your question, if you have the years of service and age requirements for your pension then, yes, you can walk in one morning, see that your route sucks and turn around and tell them that you are all done.
Well in 21 years that’s exactly what ill be doing...damn that would feel good

JackStraw

Better if you give them a little notice. That way you won't have any interruption in your health care and, you can receive your pension ck on the first of the month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you Dave. No wonder I didn't know what it was. I don't smoke.

Neither do I.

PallMallRedUSA.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Say I’ve put enough years of service in and i can retire whenever...can i walk in one day and see my route sucks and say screw this I retire or is there a process you have to do

Our pension fund recommends that you start the process at least 90 days in advance but, to answer your question, if you have the years of service and age requirements for your pension then, yes, you can walk in one morning, see that your route sucks and turn around and tell them that you are all done.

What Dave said. You could always get the paperwork and keep it handy to file at any time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you know or do you think?
Did you send it USPS certified mail RRR?
I wouldn't take chance on something like this.

Done and done.

There was no need to spend the money for certified. I downloaded the forms, filled them out, had them notarized, sent them in, they sent me a letter stating that I had successfully completed the application process.

Projected last work day: 4/30/18
Projected retirement date: 6/22/18.

I will need to complete a change of address when I move but other than that I am good to go.

JackStraw

Done and done.

There was no need to spend the money for certified. I downloaded the forms, filled them out, had them notarized, sent them in, they sent me a letter stating that I had successfully completed the application process.

Projected last work day: 4/30/18
Projected retirement date: 6/22/18.

I will need to complete a change of address when I move but other than that I am good to go.

Why don't you retire on the 30th? You can collect your first pension ck on the 1st, AND get paid out for your vacations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why don't you retire on the 30th? You can collect your first pension ck on the 1st, AND get paid out for your vacations.

We have to have at least 1000 hours for a full year of pension credit.

40*25=1000

25 weeks puts us at 6/22/18.

4 personal days, 5 sick days and 6 weeks vacation backs us up to 4/30/18.

IESucks

Ouch, IESucks I thought we were friends. Why would you say something so mean to me and with such bad spelling. By the way what's a pall mall is that some sort of lubricant?

You need to work on your anger issues my friend. I mean after all the private things I told you about nothing before 1030 I thought we'd have a deeper connection. ;)
Empty your ashtray, make way through the empty beer cans to the fridge, get another beer, pull up ur stretch pants and try again

542thruNthru

Empty your ashtray, make way through the empty beer cans to the fridge, get another beer, pull up ur stretch pants and try again

Oh crazy uncle IESucks. Your witty comebacks are the sunshine in what is my storm laden life.

I'm so proud of you too. You almost wrote all that like a adult. Just one "ur" in the whole thing!

Oh here's some lite reading for you. I think you'll find it very interesting.

Urban Dictionary: Corvette Dick

JackStraw

We have to have at least 1000 hours for a full year of pension credit.

40*25=1000

25 weeks puts us at 6/22/18.

4 personal days, 5 sick days and 6 weeks vacation backs us up to 4/30/18.

Oh. Ours goes by seniority date. Work 1 day past your seniority date, qualify for your vacations. Thought it would be that way across the country. Different supplement I suppose.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh. Ours goes by seniority date. Work 1 day past your seniority date, qualify for your vacations. Thought it would be that way across the country. Different supplement I suppose.

We have to have at least 30 years of service and be at least 55 to retire with a normal pension. I have the age part but won’t have the 30 until 6/22.

542thruNthru

Awesome thanks, here's one for you...dickless and alone , the story of an Internet surfer

Is your memory going buddy? I just got done tell you that one.

It's the nothing by 1030 anymore biography. I might be able to get you a signed copy. I mean he's constantly sending me emails about his pathetic life.

Also I'm proud of you. You spelled it right this time. You're such a big boy now.

IESucks

Is your memory going buddy? I just got done tell you that one.

It's the nothing by 1030 anymore biography. I might be able to get you a signed copy. I mean he's constantly sending me emails about his pathetic life.

Also I'm proud of you. You spelled it right this time. You're such a big boy now.
Cool! You two must be in the same club! And "ur" grammar sucks. "I just got done tell you that one". Poor thing, so alone.