To all you youngsters thinking about making UPS a career

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
@cheryl what a sad state this forum has become having to say derail instead of having a little charm. I noticed it was removed while I was taking a sabbatical. I will be going on hiatus again from this forsaken place! Thanks for the memories.

Adios thread to follow
image.gif

Mikey123

How to survive as a UPS driver, ive been utility for 15 :censored2:ing years so I have some knowledge. :censored2: management, do your job and stay busy but don't run or work thru breaks, get and take FMLA for yourself. Ups is becoming more of a pt job I believe. I work about 3 12-13 hour days and I'm good now. Cant do 60hr weeks forever. Know the rules, they will harass you, talk :censored2: whatever, twist stuff. Usually when I'm in the office its because of their mistake and they pin it on me. Just make them feel special say youll do better and go on your way. Half the time I just say I'm slow and they leave me alone, never a ride along or anything. REMEMBER, your life is more important than their BS and its just a job and have fun even if there :censored2:s. Remember your expendable in their eyes. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE TALKED TO ABOUT SOMETHING SO GET USED TO IT

Heffalump

You have to be one hell of a ****head to tell us "youngsters" what we want for a career.
Isn't that why they pushed back recieving bennies till 1 year?
Isn't that why slackers get bagged on more by management than us stronger willed individuals? Isn't that why it takes almost 10 years of my lifetime to reach fulltime in my hub?
Im in for the long run and the more you keep telling "youngsters", "is this what you want in life son?" The more I have to pick up some ***holes slack because you made him ***chy but he wont quit.
Some of us know what its like without a union.

542thruNthru

You have to be one hell of a ****head to tell us "youngsters" what we want for a career.
Isn't that why they pushed back recieving bennies till 1 year?
Isn't that why slackers get bagged on more by management than us stronger willed individuals? Isn't that why it takes almost 10 years of my lifetime to reach fulltime in my hub?
Im in for the long run and the more you keep telling "youngsters", "is this what you want in life son?" The more I have to pick up some ***holes slack because you made him ***chy but he wont quit.
Some of us know what its like without a union.

I like your enthusiasm but check the date my friend. Also he's been banned so you're yelling at no one. ;)

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Actually squaring up to the bulkhead is a method. Technically the method for the seatbelt is reach over with your right hand and come all of the way across. Took me about 2 days to figure out that wasn't gonna fly.

I know we do the same things over and over but I don't see it as a highly repetitive job. We do things 100-200 times a day maybe not 1000 plus like some jobs.
Your are cover driver right?