To those who attended their contract meeting

ups hero

our meeting was yesterday and it appeared that our BA was trying to sell it.

I was so disgusted I walked out.
What happened to your thread about not to get sick?? I kept trying to reply to it, and it kept getting rejected. You mentioned about the bill costing about 10 grand out of pocket. I was trying to reply that I was told it would be an annual max for a family of 2,000.00. I sure as h3ll hope it wouldn't cost 10k.

14ups

Call it what you want The fact is it was a win for you that the the Northwest conference supported When it came for a vote And now it's time for the central states to do what's in the best interest and support its members On the West Coast Do not have the attitude it's all about me If we want to keep a national contract That's the kind of attitude that creates division And a pull away from a national contract And that would be a large loss for the central states being There pick up volume is minimal as compared to the Western Conference pick up volume and the East Coast pick up volume which pick up volume generates revenue Alll we asking is please show your support and vote no on this contract

ups clerk

If we go on strike do you think the general public will support us?? This is just a question not a pissing match.

Not sure if the public would support us, but I guarantee you the stock holders would not like it, which is good because they will tell UPS, "Give these people what they want and let's get back to work." Also shippers who have contracts with UPS, where many were due in April, will drop UPS and go to FedEx. And speaking of FedEx, that is one company that would support us to the point that they are already telling UPS shippers that UPS might go on strike if this contract is defeated and should go with them just in case. FedEx is already promising shippers discounts if the shipper goes with them.

stink219

If we go on strike do you think the general public will support us?? This is just a guestion not a pissing match.
Beyond a strike, UPS's biggest shippers like amazon and zappos are threatening to jump ship. A strike would be the worst catastrophic event in the history of labor. So for all you NO voters, you need to bypass your selfish ideology and understand the full dynamic of economics. We are making $20 more than FedEx. Highest compensated in the industry!!! UPS freight lost money last year and UPS paid the difference to not take a hit on the stock price. There is a cause and effect to everything. People, get your MOU's from your BA. EVERY local was given the opportunity to attend the two man meetings. EVERY local was given the chance to question the TA at the two man meeting. EVERY local was given the chance to deny the TA at the two man meeting. I was a 85% yes voter. I'm now at 100%. Local 251 will pass this TA hands down.

14ups

Not sure if the public would support us, but I guarantee you the stock holders would not like it, which is good because they will tell UPS, "Give these people what they want and let's get back to work." Also shippers who have contracts with UPS, where many were due in April, will drop UPS and go to FedEx. And speaking of FedEx, that is one company that would support us to the point that they are already telling UPS shippers that UPS might go on strike if this contract is defeated and should go with them just in case. FedEx is already promising shippers discounts if the shipper goes with them.
This is my point ups Will never allow that to happen because their pension is tied to their stock price Sometimes you got to Stand for the right thing And we need your help vote no

ups clerk

I was drinking the coolaid too. I worked really hard making sure that rally was jammed packed with part time employees, just so that they could be lied to and filled with empty promises.

Ouch! my butt hurts
LOL, hey, at least yours was inside. Our rally was outside and it was cold as hell and we had to listen standing up. Thanks for your support. BW

kingOFchester

Beyond a strike, UPS's biggest shippers like amazon and zappos are threatening to jump ship. A strike would be the worst catastrophic event in the history of labor. So for all you NO voters, you need to bypass your selfish ideology and understand the full dynamic of economics. We are making $20 more than FedEx. Highest compensated in the industry!!! UPS freight lost money last year and UPS paid the difference to not take a hit on the stock price. There is a cause and effect to everything. People, get your MOU's from your BA. EVERY local was given the opportunity to attend the two man meetings. EVERY local was given the chance to question the TA at the two man meeting. EVERY local was given the chance to deny the TA at the two man meeting. I was a 85% yes voter. I'm now at 100%. Local 251 will pass this TA hands down.

Once again, its all about the $'s we make. Sorry, but I feel that is short sighted.

As far as shippers and the Fedex concerns.....I agree. But I am sure this is why Hall and UPS waited as long as they did to arrive at a TA. To put the fear in us that if we wait till June 20ish for the counts, it will be to late to renegotiate.

We have been had. All by throwing a few dollars in our face. And we talk about UPS stepping over a dollar for a dime. We may not be stepping over a dollar for a dime, but we are stepping on part timers, retired brothers and leaving behind good benefits with the door open for less and less benefits.:angry:

ups clerk

I agree somewhat with Stink 219. Yes going out on strike would be devastating to not only UPS but also rank and file in that there would be massive layoffs nationwide because of low volume from shippers. That is where my support for you, stops, Stinks. First of all, WE WILL NOT GO ON STRIKE for the reasons listed above, but I am still voting NO, because it will send a message to UPS to go back to the table and throw us a bigger fish. If we reject the contract by voting NO, the ball is now in UPS's court and knowing we could go on strike, or at least let them think we will go on strike, they will offer us a better deal.

What happened to your thread about not to get sick?? I kept trying to reply to it, and it kept getting rejected. You mentioned about the bill costing about 10 grand out of pocket. I was trying to reply that I was told it would be an annual max for a family of 2,000.00. I sure as h3ll hope it wouldn't cost 10k.
Misinformation. It's ways going around on this forum with a lot of chaos. Misery loves company.

ups clerk

Once again, its all about the $'s we make. Sorry, but I feel that is short sighted.

As far as shippers and the Fedex concerns.....I agree. But I am sure this is why Hall and UPS waited as long as they did to arrive at a TA. To put the fear in us that if we wait till June 20ish for the counts, it will be to late to renegotiate.

We have been had. All by throwing a few dollars in our face. And we talk about UPS stepping over a dollar for a dime. We may not be stepping over a dollar for a dime, but we are stepping on part timers, retired brothers and leaving behind good benefits with the door open for less and less benefits.:angry:
Well said, King. You hit the nail on the head.

ups hero

Misinformation. It's ways going around on this forum with a lot of chaos. Misery loves company.
So, I was right then, right?? It wouldn't cost much more than 2k right?

anonymous,

No.

Sincerely,
I
This sums up the answer. Vote no on this contract so your route can be cut forever. Lets reshape this company. Real lean. Business to business. 40% less routs to start. How about 35% less jobs. The court of public opinion will crucify us. Lol. Vote no. You can say I'm fear mongering but I'm just telling you how it is. Sometimes what you want to hear isn't the best thing for you. This contract will position ups to be making 8 to 10 billion a year for the next contract. Another good contract will happen and our life will be preserved once again.

kingOFchester

This sums up the answer. Vote no on this contract so your route can be cut forever. Lets reshape this company. Real lean. Business to business. 40% less routs to start. How about 35% less jobs. The court of public opinion will crucify us. Lol. Vote no. You can say I'm fear mongering but I'm just telling you how it is. Sometimes what you want to hear isn't the best thing for you. This contract will position ups to be making 8 to 10 billion a year for the next contract. Another good contract will happen and our life will be preserved once again.

With your line of thinking you would vote yes for anything. UPS could come to us and say "we are cutting all wages by 20%, and if you want to strike, go ahead as we will just let the cards fall and pick up the pieces" and you would vote yes because a no vote would cause routes to be cut forever.

Absurd.

With your line of thinking you would vote yes for anything. UPS could come to us and say "we are cutting all wages by 20%, and if you want to strike, go ahead as we will just let the cards fall and pick up the pieces" and you would vote yes because a no vote would cause routes to be cut forever.

Absurd.
Look brother last year this time on this forum you were a different person. You have come a long way. Don't let your bitterness cloud your judgement. It is what it is. You have a 300 deductible in 4 years. This is a good contract. There is more to it than you want to see. Remember when you were a runner gunner and you started a thread that you finally see the light. You haven't been around enough to understand.