To those who attended their contract meeting

804brown

This sums up the answer. Vote no on this contract so your route can be cut forever. Lets reshape this company. Real lean. Business to business. 40% less routs to start. How about 35% less jobs. The court of public opinion will crucify us. Lol. Vote no. You can say I'm fear mongering but I'm just telling you how it is. Sometimes what you want to hear isn't the best thing for you. This contract will position ups to be making 8 to 10 billion a year for the next contract. Another good contract will happen and our life will be preserved once again.

Beyond a strike, UPS's biggest shippers like amazon and zappos are threatening to jump ship. A strike would be the worst catastrophic event in the history of labor. So for all you NO voters, you need to bypass your selfish ideology and understand the full dynamic of economics. We are making $20 more than FedEx. Highest compensated in the industry!!! UPS freight lost money last year and UPS paid the difference to not take a hit on the stock price. There is a cause and effect to everything. People, get your MOU's from your BA. EVERY local was given the opportunity to attend the two man meetings. EVERY local was given the chance to question the TA at the two man meeting. EVERY local was given the chance to deny the TA at the two man meeting. I was a 85% yes voter. I'm now at 100%. Local 251 will pass this TA hands down.

You guys sound like corporate management pencil pushing bean counters. Sounds like you have given up fighting the good fight. Labor and unions in particular have been taking it on the chin for decades. Yet you two are so willing so sell us short against this corporate behemoth. There is still time to get us a better deal. I bet each of you had to SELL this contract at your respective union meetings. Our guys didnt!! And bravo to them. The went over the changes, made some commentary of whether some were good and some were bad. they were upset over our pters getting pulled out of their UPS plan and thown into a lesser plan. They said Hall sort of blindsided our local on this issue. Local 804 is looking into getting them in our FT Taft Hartly Plan. The part timers in the audience applauded that. Overall ourleaders did NOT endorse hall shortcomings.

You guys sound like corporate management pencil pushing bean counters. Sounds like you have given up fighting the good fight. Labor and unions in particular have been taking it on the chin for decades. Yet you two are so willing so sell us short against this corporate behemoth. There is still time to get us a better deal. I bet each of you had to SELL this contract at your respective union meetings. Our guys didnt!! And bravo to them. The went over the changes, made some commentary of whether some were good and some were bad. they were upset over our pters getting pulled out of their UPS plan and thown into a lesser plan. They said Hall sort of blindsided our local on this issue. Local 804 is looking into getting them in our FT Taft Hartly Plan. The part timers in the audience applauded that. Overall ourleaders did NOT endorse hall shortcomings.
I didn't have to sell anybody in my local anything. I guess where I'm from there is more common sense or something to that matter. I said one word during the meeting. Second

Theking30

SHORTY
I would rather have my current insurance than the raises. Dues are determined by how much your hourly rate is. TA gives us a higher rate of pay to give the union more money. The health care changes will cost me more money. We can get a better deal. Voting NO.

Delivered

I would rather have my current insurance than the raises. Dues are determined by how much your hourly rate is. TA gives us a higher rate of pay to give the union more money. The health care changes will cost me more money. We can get a better deal. Voting NO.

+1 Same here, but the PT people would want & need both the raise and current insurance

RealPerson

If we go on strike do you think the general public will support us?? This is just a question not a pissing match.

Same argument used when we DID go on strike. It was good, for everyone AND UPS. They used it to restructure. People hate change, and most shipping places can't handle new volume and even closed taking on new customers.

Besides, why are you even talking Strike??? A NO Vote only means they go back and work on more things. It is NOT a Strike. There has to be a Ballot issued to vote on a strike..

RealPerson

UPS is more desperate than we are. They will scramble. Its almost like some of you think that we take our job more seriously than the UPS management/corporate does. A strike hurts both parties.

Exactly.. First a No Vote is NOT a Strike, so Stink and that other dud lost all Credibility in my eyes. They sound like UPS plants to me...
Second, when we did have a strike, and UPS seen we could not be broken, and the pilots ran out of hours, UPS gave us even a better contract than what the Union was asking for. Ha go figure...
All the Big shippers came back. We have big shippers coming and going all the time..... No other shipper can handle them. When we had our strike, other shipping companies that were in business at the time quit taking new customers..
This knowledge with record profits, "should" of got the Union a deal so good, been like Cake.

Same argument used when we DID go on strike. It was good, for everyone AND UPS. They used it to restructure. People hate change, and most shipping places can't handle new volume and even closed taking on new customers.

Besides, why are you even talking Strike??? A NO Vote only means they go back and work on more things. It is NOT a Strike. There has to be a Ballot issued to vote on a strike..
1997 and 2013 are two different worlds.

TimeForChange

I agree. In 1997, the Teamsters were headed by a real Labor leader, who didn't just talk tough, he backed up his talk with action. And the UPS members were better off because of that.

In 2013, the Teamsters are "lead" by someone who only became General President because half of his DNA came out of his daddy's weiner. He talks tough, but never backs it up. In other words, he's Mr. Unqualified Blowhard.

upsgrunt

The central states pension fund wasent bailed out it was bought out. Now I'm in the only union pension fund that tips 103.61% funded. Lol. The next best is 74% funded. We were bought out not bailed out. Learn your definition.

You obviously don't know 710's pension percentages.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I didn't have to sell anybody in my local anything. I guess where I'm from there is more common sense or something to that matter. I said one word during the meeting. Second
Aren't you from Detroit? I thought all the people from Detroit with common sense moved out years ago.

Brown_Star

Methods Man

More like 2 different types of people ...Hard working union members and greedy corporate suits! At the end of the day think about your family and vote no!

As soon as the ballots come back No they will change the damn tune! Show some back bone or get out of the way!

realbrown1

The central states pension fund wasent bailed out it was bought out. Now I'm in the only union pension fund that tips 103.61% funded. Lol. The next best is 74% funded. We were bought out not bailed out. Learn your definition.
Next best pension fund is 74% funded? Care to correct your statement?

upsgrunt

Ok what's it funded at.

You are the one who says they know all union business- you tell me. You said second best was 74%, so you must just be repeating what someone else told you without actually verifying it. What other areas do you do the same?

You are the one who says they know all union business- you tell me. You said second best was 74%, so you must just be repeating what someone else told you without actually verifying it. What other areas do you do the same?
When did I ever say I know everything?? I read it somewhere in the last three to six months. So what's yours funded at smart guy. Do you even know. Is it 76 %. I know there are none funded even close to the ups Ibt pension fund. I care about my fund but since you know your lets have it. Is it 103.6 % like the one I'm in??

realbrown1

When did I ever say I know everything?? I read it somewhere in the last three to six months. So what's yours funded at smart guy. Do you even know. Is it 76 %. I know there are none funded even close to the ups Ibt pension fund. I care about my fund but since you know your lets have it. Is it 103.6 % like the one I'm in??
Mine is 90.4%. With every letter you type, you prove how little you actually know.