Train hits Semitrailer in Utah

rod

Retired 22 years
Some places have deals with railroads where they don't blow their horns in residential areas. I did a little dance when they enacted it by my old apartment.

I lived in an apartment in Rockford, Il. that had trains running all night long about 75 feet from my bedroom window. The 1st night I about crapped my pants when the whistle blew. We didn't even know at the time there were train tracks there. After about a week you never even noticed the trains.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you have a train crossing that holds up traffic you learn to cringe when you hear that train horn from a mile away.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I lived in an apartment in Rockford, Il. that had trains running all night long about 75 feet from my bedroom window. The 1st night I about crapped my pants when the whistle blew. We didn't even know at the time there were train tracks there. After about a week you never even noticed the trains.
Just like at a Neil Young concert.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Elwood was right.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Buyer beware.:speechless2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Buyer beware.:speechless2:

We were young, 1st apartment for all 3 of us, and looking for something cheap and close to work. In the end it was a perfect place. It was an old house. We rented the downstairs and the landlady lived up stairs and must have been deaf because she never complained about the noise we made. Maybe her deafness was caused by that damned old train.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The nearest train tracks are several miles away from where I at now .
With the right wind direction you can hear the train's horn blowing across the waters .

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We were young, 1st apartment for all 3 of us, and looking for something cheap and close to work. In the end it was a perfect place. It was an old house. We rented the downstairs and the landlady lived up stairs and must have been deaf because she never complained about the noise we made. Maybe her deafness was caused by that damned old train.
Now you know why it was cheap. Amazing what you can get used to.