Training 22.4's

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
There is nothing prohibiting the company from posting the lists, checking to make sure they meet the requirements, and possibly even sending them to school to have them ready to go day 1. Our local has already met with the company and has discussed how many we're getting, etc.
Still waiting for these mystical 22.4 guys you’re speaking of. I assume your local has discussed what happens if someone bids on these nonexistent jobs and passes on something that’s a real route right now? Or anything along those lines?

scoutlover

Still waiting for these mystical 22.4 guys you’re speaking of. I assume your local has discussed what happens if someone bids on these nonexistent jobs and passes on something that’s a real route right now? Or anything along those lines?
I don't understand your question. The people bidding on these 22.4 are part timers. There isn't anything else open for them to bid on. They aren't passing up anything.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I don't understand your question. The people bidding on these 22.4 are part timers. There isn't anything else open for them to bid on. They aren't passing up anything.
Think of it this way, if a regular package car position opened now, under your local’s agreement, this regular package car route isn’t valid until the 22.4’s are filled, giving the part inter a choice.

The point I’m making, these routes don’t exist, and as such, can’t be bid on.

JustDeliverIt

Well, they're gonna have to be potty trained first. So there's a few months not out on a route right there.

We have PT Cover drivers in our building. They are just going to go there for the 22.4's once the new contract is in affect. Could easily just make the top however many 22.4's the day after.

Think of it this way, if a regular package car position opened now, under your local’s agreement, this regular package car route isn’t valid until the 22.4’s are filled, giving the part inter a choice.

I don't see how they can be bidding on them now but I have been wondering if we are going to bid on our routes. We have biannual bids and should take place this Feb/March. I was wondering if the company is going to pull something along the lines of we aren't bidding until the new contract is in place. The union forced it on us so I can see them playing along. Don't think the company is going to want to do the bidding process now and then in 6 months or so when everything is ratified/forced.

Box Ox

We have PT Cover drivers in our building. They are just going to go there for the 22.4's once the new contract is in affect.

For sure, I should have considered them. I got a whole lot of experience under my belt as a PT cover. Going FT was just another day for me.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
They do exist. They already have bid sheets up for them in our building.
They had a bid sheet in my building as well. I know because a good friend of mine signed it and we talked about how it’s going to suck especially when he’s “top pay” making $6 less/hour than me. Just another step in progression to make it to RPCD I guess.

scoutlover

There was a meeting between the local and union before peak where it was discussed how many full time drivers and routes we had. This number of both was agreed to and locked in. This was spelled out in the T.A. We will not exceed that number of RPCD's. Anyone hired full-time beyond that number up to 25% will be a 22.4. So there isn't a choice to be made. It's either stay part time or take a 22.4 job. The only exception is that we had a RPCD resign during peak. The top name on the 22.4 list takes the one RPCD job that became vacant.

The point I'm making is these aren't routes being bid. They are full time positions. Say what you want but they are filling them now. They won't start until implementation but it's under way.

scoutlover

Anyone care to discuss the actual purpose of this thread? How are they going to train/qualify? If what was proposed is true (doubt it) and a 22.4 is truly going to work inside for 4 hours and on road for 4 hours, why would they need to qualify for 30 days on a 9.5 average dispatched route?