Training 22.4's

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by scoutlover, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

That’s ok, the northern states retro checks went to the pension, so both are gone forever.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. 5000 total for the entire country

3. LMAO
    D*

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Still waiting for these mystical 22.4 guys you’re speaking of. I assume your local has discussed what happens if someone bids on these nonexistent jobs and passes on something that’s a real route right now? Or anything along those lines?

5. It sounds sneaky to me.

6. scoutlover

scoutlover Member

I don't understand your question. The people bidding on these 22.4 are part timers. There isn't anything else open for them to bid on. They aren't passing up anything.

7. scoutlover

scoutlover Member

I
    Where are you reading this? The whole selling point of 22.4's was to work weekends and alleviate overtime for regular full-timers. I can't see 5000 putting a dent in either.

8. Dis you not read the contract ?
    This is absolutely unbelievable.

9. scoutlover

scoutlover Member

It's been many months since I read the tentative agreement. I remember it saying that the number of 22.4's couldn't exceed 25% of full time drivers. I don't remember reading a hard and fast number of 5000.

10. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Well, they're gonna have to be potty trained first. So there's a few months not out on a route right there.

11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Think of it this way, if a regular package car position opened now, under your local’s agreement, this regular package car route isn’t valid until the 22.4’s are filled, giving the part inter a choice.

The point I’m making, these routes don’t exist, and as such, can’t be bid on.

12. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

We have PT Cover drivers in our building. They are just going to go there for the 22.4's once the new contract is in affect. Could easily just make the top however many 22.4's the day after.

I don't see how they can be bidding on them now but I have been wondering if we are going to bid on our routes. We have biannual bids and should take place this Feb/March. I was wondering if the company is going to pull something along the lines of we aren't bidding until the new contract is in place. The union forced it on us so I can see them playing along. Don't think the company is going to want to do the bidding process now and then in 6 months or so when everything is ratified/forced.

13. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

For sure, I should have considered them. I got a whole lot of experience under my belt as a PT cover. Going FT was just another day for me.

14. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

They had a bid sheet in my building as well. I know because a good friend of mine signed it and we talked about how it’s going to suck especially when he’s “top pay” making $6 less/hour than me. Just another step in progression to make it to RPCD I guess.

15. The Real Jack RyanMI6

The Real Jack RyanMI6 Active Member

1st I'm not saying your wrong.
    ? Where did you see the number of only 5000.
    My understanding was that it was 25% of the number of RPCDS on a center by center basis.
    Ps I hope for all are sakes your right and I'm wrong

16. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Anyone sign it?

17. scoutlover

scoutlover Member

Yes. Plenty of people wanting to go fulltime in our building.

18. scoutlover

scoutlover Member

There was a meeting between the local and union before peak where it was discussed how many full time drivers and routes we had. This number of both was agreed to and locked in. This was spelled out in the T.A. We will not exceed that number of RPCD's. Anyone hired full-time beyond that number up to 25% will be a 22.4. So there isn't a choice to be made. It's either stay part time or take a 22.4 job. The only exception is that we had a RPCD resign during peak. The top name on the 22.4 list takes the one RPCD job that became vacant.

The point I'm making is these aren't routes being bid. They are full time positions. Say what you want but they are filling them now. They won't start until implementation but it's under way.

19. scoutlover

scoutlover Member

Anyone care to discuss the actual purpose of this thread? How are they going to train/qualify? If what was proposed is true (doubt it) and a 22.4 is truly going to work inside for 4 hours and on road for 4 hours, why would they need to qualify for 30 days on a 9.5 average dispatched route?