Training to Non-training route, and vice-versa

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TakeABreakDriver8, Oct 17, 2018.

1. TakeABreakDriver8

TakeABreakDriver8 New Member

I recently bid and won a route that USED to be a training route but was posted as not a training route (no mention of training route on the bid sheet, manager assured me it’s no longer a training route, etc).

What ability do they have to switch it back to a training route at their will? Are there rules governing this? Since I bid it as a regular route (with no mention of training) if they switch it to training do I have an out? I really really really don’t want to get stuck on a training route in that particular center.

2. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

How many training routes are allowed in your local? That is the number. They can't change it.

3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Nothing to worry about.

If it wasn't specified on the bid sheet, you're good.

-Bug-

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. brownelf

brownelf Active Member

If it wasn't bid as a training route it cannot be changed back until it is rebid. Get a copy of bid sheet if possible for your records, just in case.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

File a grievance and about 2 years from now you will have your decision.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Maybe.... in your Local.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. john chesney

My local, state and jac central region

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Make sure to make a copy of the bid sheet. Keep it for your records. If at anytime they try and say it's a training route. Use the copy as proof for your grievance.

Don't rely on management to keep a copy. They will "lose" it if or when it happens.

9. 542thruNthru

Everyone knows central region sucks! Worse place to be a UPS Teamster. ;)

10. john chesney

Ok it’s good to know it wasn’t just me

11. TakeABreakDriver8

TakeABreakDriver8 New Member

I took a pic of the bid sheet and I also confirmed with mgmt that it’s not a training route any more. I’m just wondering if they can change it to a training route at a later time if I bid it as a non-training route.

*i might just be paranoid and worried that something is going to go horribly wrong bc after almost 5 years of swinging this is the first route I bid and actually got*

12. 542thruNthru

No, unless your supplemental contract says they can do it. They would have to change it to a training route when it was rebid.