Training to Non-training route, and vice-versa

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TakeABreakDriver8, Oct 17, 2018.

1. TakeABreakDriver8

TakeABreakDriver8 New Member

I recently bid and won a route that USED to be a training route but was posted as not a training route (no mention of training route on the bid sheet, manager assured me it’s no longer a training route, etc).

What ability do they have to switch it back to a training route at their will? Are there rules governing this? Since I bid it as a regular route (with no mention of training) if they switch it to training do I have an out? I really really really don’t want to get stuck on a training route in that particular center.

2. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

How many training routes are allowed in your local? That is the number. They can't change it.

3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Nothing to worry about.

If it wasn't specified on the bid sheet, you're good.

-Bug-

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. brownelf

brownelf Active Member

If it wasn't bid as a training route it cannot be changed back until it is rebid. Get a copy of bid sheet if possible for your records, just in case.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

File a grievance and about 2 years from now you will have your decision.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Maybe.... in your Local.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. john chesney

My local, state and jac central region

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Make sure to make a copy of the bid sheet. Keep it for your records. If at anytime they try and say it's a training route. Use the copy as proof for your grievance.

Don't rely on management to keep a copy. They will "lose" it if or when it happens.

9. 542thruNthru

Everyone knows central region sucks! Worse place to be a UPS Teamster. ;)

10. john chesney

Ok it’s good to know it wasn’t just me

11. TakeABreakDriver8

TakeABreakDriver8 New Member

I took a pic of the bid sheet and I also confirmed with mgmt that it’s not a training route any more. I’m just wondering if they can change it to a training route at a later time if I bid it as a non-training route.

*i might just be paranoid and worried that something is going to go horribly wrong bc after almost 5 years of swinging this is the first route I bid and actually got*

12. 542thruNthru

No, unless your supplemental contract says they can do it. They would have to change it to a training route when it was rebid.