Mall Route

vvv

WRONG! Oh? Find a route that you don't have to worry about any of that nonsense( yes, being in a constant threat is stressful). I stayed on my route for 14 years because I could do it in my sleep. Good, steady work and great exercise. 50 hours per week. 14 years. Generally stayed out of the office unless mgt. changed....they left I stayed. Pick your battles carefully and ones you have a chance of winning. Good advice for a long and prosperous career. If you are listening.....

Dude please .......I've changed routes here and there and EVERY TIME they have had to reformat it to meet my style or they would continue getting buried.

Here's an example for you ......"if you are listening".

I took my route over from a woman. She used to burn it up. Went out pretty full and came back bricked. She'd bring it in near 3:30, 4pm the latest. I took it over and started coming in around 8-9pm. And I did/do nearly the same amount of delivery stops, couple somewhat heavier deliveries moved/out of business. And as for the pickups they pulled 3 monsters off of me because I would not get there as early as she did because I simply didn't have the space as early, and I'd take lunch whenever I felt like it.....she never would.
Now I pick up maybe 10-25 packages a day.

Depending on what side of the fence you are on and how you look at it, most of my time is gained/lost in the way I approach my work methods and driving habits over the course of the day. No shortcuts, no improper parking ANYWHERE/ANYTIME, I don't ever overload my handcart and will make 3 trips instead of one if I will it warrants it, don't have bulk stops but would never prerecord regardless. I can go on and on.

Do things properly and get stuff removed without taking anything back in trade so to say.

BTW.....what the hell does "Good, steady work and great exercise. 50 hours per week" have to do with anything? I haven't a clue.

You might be the wrong guy to be taking advice from.

Last edited:

quad decade guy

Dude please .......I've changed routes here and there and EVERY TIME they have had to reformat it to meet my style or they would continue getting buried.

I took my route over from a woman. She used to burn it up. Went out pretty full and came back bricked. She'd bring it in near 3:30, 4pm the latest. I took it over and started coming in around 8-9pm. And I did/do nearly the same amount of delivery stops, couple somewhat heavier deliveries moved/out of business. And as for the pickups they pulled 3 monsters off of me because I would not get there as early as she did because I simply didn't have the space as early, and I'd take lunch whenever I felt like it.....she never would.

Depending on what side of the fence you are on and how you look at it, most of my time is gained/lost in the way I approach my work methods and driving habits over the course of the day. No shortcuts, no improper parking ANYWHERE/ANYTIME, I don't ever overload my handcart and will make 3 trips instead of one if I will it warrants it, don't have bulk stops but would never prerecord regardless. I can go on and on.

Do things properly and get stuff removed without taking anything back in trade so to say.

BTW.....what the hell does "Good, steady work and great exercise. 50 hours per week" have to do with anything? I haven't a clue.

Ok. And so? I'm just a 40 year guy...what do I know? You think I didn't do all that stuff you mentioned above? I also took over my 14 year route from a woman who had no business doing it(heavy industrial)....she was out on comp lot's of the time. Eventually medicaled out.

Right. I don't imagine you would recognize much.

"Nobody can tell you a damn thing if you ain't a listenin"-Radney Foster...."Half of My Mistakes"

"Carry On"-Pat Green

Shrug.

ouanling

I've been getting stressed out and :censored2:ed over everytime i cover the industrial routes

This has just helped me a lot. This route is total nonsense with a :censored2:ty loader(hides the same stop spread out over the whole truck, expresses included) there's 15 bulk pickups plus a lot of large ODS pickups. Last time i had to meet and give 200 pieces(i was loaded to th ceiling already) and keep going for more pickups. I get so stressed that i didn't call the sup while i was missing my last 2 pickups and now "im in trouble"

Next time, i will do my best to re-arrange the truck a little bit(which is hard when its all heavy :censored2:). I will unload stops more safely and if by 2pm i can see that i'll be late to pickups and won't be able to make 10-15 stops i'll just call early and ask them to take off all my business stops so that i can safely do every massive pickups and then i'll relax on some high income resis.

Gotta stop trying to make it, our job is to work safely within our capacity and it's not my problem if im forced to cover a run that they know im not made for.

I hate industrial, give me a small biz/resi route where the truck is overloaded and you cant even open the door halfway, even then im ok.
hurt my back both time trying to go too fast on large boxes. no more.

vvv

Ok. And so? I'm just a 40 year guy...what do I know? You think I didn't do all that stuff you mentioned above? I also took over my 14 year route from a woman who had no business doing it(heavy industrial)....she was out on comp lot's of the time. Eventually medicaled out.

Right. I don't imagine you would recognize much.

"Nobody can tell you a damn thing if you ain't a listenin"-Radney Foster...."Half of My Mistakes"

"Carry On"-Pat Green

Shrug.

Again you offer nothing of substance, just a lot of pointless fluff because you can't back anything up and more than likely are a long time company wimp who gets his fanny filled on a daily basis and takes it like a champ smiling.

UPSjedi41

Hey all, I recently bid and won a mall route. First off I’ll like to say I could care less about there production numbers. I work at a steady pace everyday and still come in 1.5-2.5 hours over allowed. I’d like to stay off the target list of over allowed drivers because I feel I do an adequate job on my route. No I will not run for them or work through my lunch but does anybody have any mall hacks? If my pickup volume is low it seems to ramp up my over allowed (25 pickup accounts). I have two dock delivery anchor stores but the rest are inside through the front entrance deliveries or outside back door deliveries. Biggest question is how do you sheet your stores, as in front desk, office, inside delivery? Also which gives you the best allowance?
thank you
What kind of cart do you have? I use three daily. My primary is a 36”x 72” Magliner flatbed cart. I have a full size break down cart and a small 4 foot flatbed cart. Big flatbed carts are nice and we keep them at the mall

ironclad

What kind of cart do you have? I use three daily. My primary is a 36”x 72” Magliner flatbed cart. I have a full size break down cart and a small 4 foot flatbed cart. Big flatbed carts are nice and we keep them at the mall
I have a full size break down cart, how were you able to get the big magliner? Id love to see pics, I don’t believe we’ve ever had one in this center!

quad decade guy

Again you offer nothing of substance, just a lot of pointless fluff because you can't back anything up and more than likely are a long time company wimp who gets his fanny filled on a daily basis and takes it like a champ smiling.
You don't know me. As many on here. Shrug.

Comical really.

We never get to anything of substance because of the personal attacks as I agree don't have anything to do with much of anything.

Now, if me...I'd at least listen to a 40 year guy that has never had a lost time injury and is a 30 year Circle of Honor driver.

However, if you are that arrogant and frankly stupid....Godspeed.

As far as backing things up....even if I stuffed my Circle of Honor patches in your considerable mouth....would you believe it? Or up your hummingbird butt?

ironclad

Comical really.

We never get to anything of substance because of the personal attacks as I agree don't have anything to do with much of anything.

Now, if me...I'd at least listen to a 40 year guy that has never had a lost time injury and is a 30 year Circle of Honor driver.

As far as backing things up....even if I stuffed my Circle of Honor patches in your considerable mouth....would you believe it? Or up your hummingbird butt?
B7DF3540-8891-448A-9140-02A9B812A96A.gif

542thruNthru

What the friend is that? Mall route? I preloaded next to my buddy loading the mall route, he would get 100 Barnes in noble boxes flying down the belt all at once. I’ve never once seen that route with the aisle clear
Yeah our mall routes are always jam packed. When he showed his Monday in the beginning I thought to myself. That must be a small mall.

Also no way our mall guys could ever fit the UPS store in their truck with their pick ups.

542thruNthru

What the friend is that? Mall route? I preloaded next to my buddy loading the mall route, he would get 100 Barnes in noble boxes flying down the belt all at once. I’ve never once seen that route with the aisle clear
I just realized what the issue is. It's during the pandemic when most of the stuff is closed.

vvv

Comical really.

Don't make yourself look like a fool any longer partner. Here are your EXACT WORDS to help out a fellow driver seeking advice from the beginning of this post........"GET ANOTHER ROUTE".

Wow....that's some really sage advice from a 40+ year veteran. So you basically told said driver to run and hide, change routes so he doesn't get spankings in the office, and be a wimp (like you) and not stand up for himself. This right here is why the company tries repeatedly to step all over workers. You are a horrible example and your advice was trash.

Furthermore, inviting your esteemed accomplishments into this post of being injury free and being in the circle of honor (who cares?) again do absolutely nothing to help the OP. Nobody could care less about your patches except you and your grandkids on a Sunday afternoon show n tell at grandpa's house.

Whenever I have been offered accolades at a PCM in the past I would embarrass them and tell them out loud to toss it in the trash in front of the whole crew. I do my job honorably and that's good enough for me without accepting their false thankfulness.

40+ years and you still have your privates tucked between your legs. You should be ashamed of yourself.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Comical really.

The Village idiot strikes again
Lol
Nobody cares about your awesome achievements

imsolazy

So, can you relate? This guy posted his day on a mall route in California I think.

😳 mall and the ups store pickups, wow!
Wow! watching that video gave me nausea watching all the work he was doing . I'm a casual feeder and if they had me do that I would quit on the spot especially for the $21 hour pay rate. Not even worth it. Do package car drivers get randomly drug tested?