Triple-Time Option Day

TheBEguy

In Local 177. We have 2 option days. One is a regular 9 hour option day the other is referred to as a Triple-Time Day. I've never been exactly sure how this day works and I think I wasted it in the past by not knowing exactly how you get paid based on this day. Does anyone know exactly how this day works and how best to use it to get the most out of it. Thanks!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Terms of Service and Rules | BrownCafe - UPSers talking about UPS

8.) We ask you to be responsible for protecting your own personal information and respectful of the personal information of others. This means not posting your own or any other person's full name, last name, personally identifiable photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. Do not post screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

TheBEguy

8.) We ask you to be responsible for protecting your own personal information and respectful of the personal information of others. This means not posting your own or any other person's full name, last name, personally identifiable photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. Do not post screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We get a paid holiday for Thanksgiving and another paid day for the Friday after. So if we worked Black Friday it is double-time for that day plus straight holiday pay. That is the only day of the year that would be "triple-time" where I am at. A driver can work a little overtime and gross a thousand bucks in one day.

KOG72

I’m full of it
We get a paid holiday for Thanksgiving and another paid day for the Friday after. So if we worked Black Friday it is double-time for that day plus straight holiday pay. That is the only day of the year that would be "triple-time" where I am at. A driver can work a little overtime and gross a thousand bucks in one day.
And that is usually the week we start working on Saturdays here so that is a big check for that week.

Indecisi0n

In Local 177. We have 2 option days. One is a regular 9 hour option day the other is referred to as a Triple-Time Day. I've never been exactly sure how this day works and I think I wasted it in the past by not knowing exactly how you get paid based on this day. Does anyone know exactly how this day works and how best to use it to get the most out of it. Thanks!
What's not to know ? It's a double pay day off. If you use it on a worked day than the pay is : double pay day + time worked = lots of money to buy :censored2: you don't need .

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

You're wasting your breath. Look under the title of the post next to "thread discussion started by..." This has been addressed with moderators to no avail.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
here in the 804 we not only kept BF as a workable double time + holiday pay day, it is also strictly voluntary. we used to have to same deal for election day but contact before last we traded that for an extra OPH called an "anniversary day" on the time off viewer, that you can basically choose any day of the year for with the option of working it for 8 double time hours attached to that days regular hours so basically a triple time day for 8 hours. in our building you need to let your on car or manager know that you request so and so day to be your triple time day and they submit it on there computer. the OMS doesn't have access to that. nice $800 day to take the week before a vacation for extra spending money or around your bday to get something pricey for yourself that you'd normally not buy

ManInBrown

Two ways you can use it. As just a regular day off, 8 hours pay. Or you can use it on a day you work. You get 8 straight hours. And then you get double time for all hours worked. Sometimes mgmt is OK with you telling them you want to use the day when you get back at the end of the night, that way you can really maximize the day. Or sometimes they make you tell them in the morning. Either way you just tell them you are using your triple time day today.