Trying to keep my job

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Set your phone bill up on auto pay thru your checking account and you will never be late again. We all do things that others don't understand why, that's what makes us who we are. Here to help my fellow teamster., or anyone else.
I am always late paying everything. Just enough to be annoying, not to get a late charge. I swear this is the year I get organized, or delegate the bill paying job to my husband.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Most of us make personal sacrifices for the sake of our careers. You have to think long term and also consider the consequences. Pot is illegal in most states period. I don't even eat poppyseeds for fear of a positive drug screen and poppyseeds are legal. I hope you get your job back but more importantly, you have learned a hard lesson.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Most of us make personal sacrifices for the sake of our careers. You have to think long term and also consider the consequences. Pot is illegal in most states period. I don't even eat poppyseeds for fear of a positive drug screen and poppyseeds are legal. I hope you get your job back but more importantly, you have learned a hard lesson.
Watched too much Seinfeld, Joe? lol

upschuck

No. Just saw the poppyseed myth confirmed on Mythbusters. Why take chances?
Really?? I didn't know that. I thought you'd have to consume practically pounds of them to indicate a false positive.
I used to deliver to a place that did those tests, and asked them. They said that they have a questionnaire, and that is one of the questions, and use different test if they answered yes.

i have read many posts and can't find an answer to my questions. I was made to take a reasonable suspicion drug test for a comment I made to a helper. I honestly don't expect to pass it. I am not here to be lectured about the morality of marijuana which is the way so many of these discussions seem to go. My question pertains to the contract, specifically where it says I must be observed by 2 supervisors trained in what to look for. This obviously was not the case as I was required to take the test because of a remark I made to a helper, a poor attempt at humor. My ba says that what the company did is ok and that that part of the contract is apparently irrelevant in my case. He says that the union will not even fight on my behalf. What good is the contract if the company can do whatever, whenever they want regardless of what the contract says? Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks to all
Been t

i have read many posts and can't find an answer to my questions. I was made to take a reasonable suspicion drug test for a comment I made to a helper. I honestly don't expect to pass it. I am not here to be lectured about the morality of marijuana which is the way so many of these discussions seem to go. My question pertains to the contract, specifically where it says I must be observed by 2 supervisors trained in what to look for. This obviously was not the case as I was required to take the test because of a remark I made to a helper, a poor attempt at humor. My ba says that what the company did is ok and that that part of the contract is apparently irrelevant in my case. He says that the union will not even fight on my behalf. What good is the contract if the company can do whatever, whenever they want regardless of what the contract says? Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks to all

Rain Shield

I just can not understand how people like the OP can work at a job that has your rights written down in black and white and they still have no idea what their contractual rights are.

Most jobs hand you a company handbook that has the company rules.

Our job has a contract mutually agreed to by both parties that explain your rights.

Heck, about 1/4 of the master only talks about drugs and alcohol and people still have no idea what the contact says until they read it after the fact.

I carry one with me at all times while on the job, and have one in the can at home.

If you do not take the time to read it over and over in order to keep an 80k plus job a year with benefits, then you are not cut out for much.

The real sad part is that 90% of our workforce who are fired will never make 50% of our package at UPS, not to mention a pension.

ArcherUTR

I might read the contract more often if it wasn't written in legal jargon superseded by some other legal jargon addendum.

P.S. there will not be a pension anymore by the time most of us retire.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

I might read the contract more often if it was written in legal jargon superseded by some other legal jargon addendum.

P.S. there will not be a pension anymore by the time most of us retire.

Our contract just most contracts are written for some parts are open to interpretation that benefits us union employees.

The day UPS starts doesn't make a profit you might need to start worrying about your pension I don't see that day happening in my life time.