Tue-Sat forced to work 6 days.

Hump dump and roll

You definitely have to post back what you did after your 4!
Had around 7 hours of DOT left, forgot about 10min breaks and my last days lunch(60 hrs at work will do that), I slow rolled and did about half my daily sporh until I punched out. Also didn't deliever anything over 30lbs. left that for the regular driver who most likely pawned those off on the helper.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Had around 7 hours of DOT left, forgot about 10min breaks and my last days lunch(60 hrs at work will do that), I slow rolled and did about half my daily sporh until I punched out. Also didn't deliever anything over 30lbs. left that for the regular driver who most likely pawned those off on the helper.
Kind of a dikc move man. Who is that lazy that they can't deliver a 30lbs box?

35years

Gravy route
So you asked for 8 and then punched out at 7 hours?
They will never take you seriously unless you hold them to the 8 hours.
If you hold them to the 8, they will more than likely tell you you don't have to work the extra day the next time it happens.

35years

Gravy route
No one is ever truly forced. All you have to do is call in.
I wish you and others would stop posting that no one is ever forced. Of course you can call in, but you can't do it every time and expect to not be disciplined.

If the manager sends a text saying that you are working Saturday or Sunday, or if they post a schedule with Saturday or Sunday included, directly ask your Center manager if you are forced. The answer may very well be no.

"All drivers are working Sunday" does not necessarily mean they are forcing. Sometimes they purposely make it ambiguous, and drivers assume they are forced.

Last edited:

BrownTexas

I wish you and others would stop posting that no one is ever forced. Of course you can call in, but you can't do it every time and expect to not be disciplined.

If the manager sends a text saying that you are working Saturday or Sunday, or if they post a schedule with Saturday or Sunday included, directly ask your Center manager if you are forced. The answer may very well be no.

"All drivers are working Sunday" does not necessarily mean they are forcing. Sometimes they purposely make it ambiguous, and drivers assume they are forced.
There is always a way to fight this. And unless they sit there and tell you "you are being instructed to come in and work Saturday or Sunday or both, their discipline means nothing. And then even if they do say those words, they have to write up everyone that does not show up that day. There is always a way. So I will continue to keep telling people to stand up for their rights and not to be scared of managements bully tactics. Thanks though.

35years

Gravy route
Please explain the difference between the two.

I'll wait.
The contract and past practice mandate certain procedures to be followed if they are forcing...Ask top down, force bottom up, must be notified by a certain time of the extra shift etc.. Also if they force they are obligated to work you 8 hrs if requested. To get around these procedures and rules they are playing the game of sending a text saying all drivers are scheduled for say, 8:30 Saturday. Drivers assume they are forcing everyone. But if pressed, management will say they are not forcing. That way they give the impression that everyone is forced without following procedure.