Turning point coming

Maui

Time for the RLA to go bye-bye.
Not with this. Just like Kalispell and Texarkana. FXG is like a cartage agent for Express. And Express can do the same for Ground. It's been happening for the last two years. And Freight runs some Ground linehaul too. They will still operate independently with separate reporting structures and hierarchies.

Some FXG markets really struggled last year. Express had excess capacity at some times and delivered to help Ground. Happened this year too. Some Express gave thousands of packages per day to Ground. These were E2 packages. This has cleared legal.

MAKAVELI

Not with this. Just like Kalispell and Texarkana. FXG is like a cartage agent for Express. And Express can do the same for Ground. It's been happening for the last two years. And Freight runs some Ground linehaul too. They will still operate independently with separate reporting structures and hierarchies.

Some FXG markets really struggled last year. Express had excess capacity at some times and delivered to help Ground. Happened this year too. Some Express gave thousands of packages per day to Ground. These were E2 packages. This has cleared legal.
It hasn't been challenged yet. Start combining buildings on a mass scale and swapping freight, it will be challenged by Teamsters and pro union groups. It really doesn't matter what legal approved at that point.

P1 Failure

No one is saying that. However, those routes are more often filled by longer tenured employees at the higher end of range.

The company owes it to you???
I didn’t say the company owes me. I bid on it and got it. This is where putting in time pays off. The company owes me nothing but my paycheck for the work I do every week I do for them. Seniority has its perks

Star B

White Lightening
Knowing your route is that much of a mental challenge on a daily basis?
When your area is 600sqmi, mostly resi, 10% major town, 80% rural/two bars and a post office towns, 30% roads not plowed until 3 days after the snowfall, yes, it become a challenge. Most of our experienced, soon to retire/retired CRRs out in those areas would dry-erase their routes on laminated sheets just so they didn't mess up and forget something. I'm don't want to attack you personally -- but it sounds like you haven't actually run a route like this for any amount of time. These are the routes that are 45 stops/11 hours on road one day, and then 60 stops and 7 hours the next. It all depends on how the stops fall for that day.

also......
Apparently you haven't seen the newest crop of hires...

Even our old guard at our station has been just giving up. When DRA/ROADS explodes, it's a defecation spectacular because veteran CRRs "forget" how to run their routes. Do they actually forget because they are so complacent with technology where they just throw their hands in the air and go "I CANT DO THIS OMG" or are they just getting back at a company that doesn't really give a :censored2: about their employees? As with everything, it's a little of both, but I have a feeling with some of them it's more the second than the first and when it hits the fan, it allows them to do more of the latter for "reasons" of the former.
Time for the RLA to go bye-bye.

I've love to see it happen, but I doubt it. I mean the whole Amazon basically controls and runs those DSPs and the government is looking the other way..... you think they are going to care about us and our pesky little "airline".

I didn’t say the company owes me. I bid on it and got it. This is where putting in time pays off. The company owes me nothing but my paycheck for the work I do every week I do for them. Seniority has its perks

... and we hear the screetch from Dano... "BUT I THINK I DESERVE IT" it sounds like you think the company owes it to you -- screw loyalty, you're higher paid, so you get what you get, :censored2:. God, how hard is it to comprehend that you put your time in, you get to have your seniority. I mean, that's basic Marine logic or has corporate already starting to expunge the whole Freddy Smith "like the Marines"-style indoc?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Can you believe I had my 69 Camaro out this week and it was so warm, I had the ac on. LOL
14CCEAE1-01A8-4777-A5DC-0AE9EE5E68A3.jpeg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Trust me, MAKA has this all figured out! He's the top legal mind in his loop.

59 Dano

It hasn't been challenged yet. Start combining buildings on a mass scale and swapping freight, it will be challenged by Teamsters and pro union groups. It really doesn't matter what legal approved at that point.
The sort belt lawyers have tried this a hundred times in sort belt court, and they always win. Only a matter of time before they present their findings to real court!

59 Dano

When your area is 600sqmi, mostly resi, 10% major town, 80% rural/two bars and a post office towns, 30% roads not plowed until 3 days after the snowfall, yes, it become a challenge. Most of our experienced, soon to retire/retired CRRs out in those areas would dry-erase their routes on laminated sheets just so they didn't mess up and forget something. I'm don't want to attack you personally -- but it sounds like you haven't actually run a route like this for any amount of time. These are the routes that are 45 stops/11 hours on road one day, and then 60 stops and 7 hours the next. It all depends on how the stops fall for that day.
I don't want to attack you personally, but if you see that as a struggle... wow.

MAKAVELI

also......

Even our old guard at our station has been just giving up. When DRA/ROADS explodes, it's a defecation spectacular because veteran CRRs "forget" how to run their routes. Do they actually forget because they are so complacent with technology where they just throw their hands in the air and go "I CANT DO THIS OMG" or are they just getting back at a company that doesn't really give a :censored2: about their employees? As with everything, it's a little of both, but I have a feeling with some of them it's more the second than the first and when it hits the fan, it allows them to do more of the latter for "reasons" of the former.

I've love to see it happen, but I doubt it. I mean the whole Amazon basically controls and runs those DSPs and the government is looking the other way..... you think they are going to care about us and our pesky little "airline".

... and we hear the screetch from Dano... "BUT I THINK I DESERVE IT" it sounds like you think the company owes it to you -- screw loyalty, you're higher paid, so you get what you get, :censored2:. God, how hard is it to comprehend that you put your time in, you get to have your seniority. I mean, that's basic Marine logic or has corporate already starting to expunge the whole Freddy Smith "like the Marines"-style indoc?
Amazon isn't covered under the RLA. Ttku...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
maybe its that drivers will be working on commission based on a matrix based on miles driver, number of parcels delivered tempered by the profit of the parcels delivered...I am sure the technology exits and the financial folks with have or could figure out the matrixes........I do understand that the next ups contract will be incorporating this...at one time ups had similar centers call bonus centers......I dont know there current status...
Will never work we both know ups will bastardize it like they do many things and the numbers won’t be realistic

MassWineGuy

All of us often talk about how badly FedEx is run, and I agree it is. But the stock price keeps going up. From the outside, it certainly looks well run. Maybe they keep a second set of books.

McFeely

Huge Member
All of us often talk about how badly FedEx is run, and I agree it is. But the stock price keeps going up. From the outside, it certainly looks well run. Maybe they keep a second set of books.
Stock price keeps going up? Our 52-week high was $319 and now it's trading at $214.

I do agree that most of the shareholders have no idea how horribly mismanaged and inefficient this company has become, but the stock has been sliding for some time now. Of course, the entire market has been quite volatile over the last few months but that doesn't explain all of FDX's performance.

MassWineGuy

I didn’t realize how much shares had fallen. Maybe operations are deflating the value. Imagine how much money the company would make if it were run well!