two pay raises this year??

vantexan

i cant speak for the mid west or east but guys at my station make 85 90 k i knew a guy once made 102k he is toppdd out at 29 hr takes home 1600 net w taxes 2100
And i made 60k w little over time about 45 a week except for peak 55 plus...so like i said i believe we should all be compensated better. But also need to live your life within your means not above. That is how i was able. To accomplish what i have done
Okay, let's say you make $25 hr, averaging 45 hrs a week. That'll get about $60k I think. I was at $18.17hr when I quit just shy of 15 years in 2013. And they terminated the pension plan I worked a long time to get in 2008, replacing it with a much less generous plan. You're 26, probably aren't thinking about retirement. The job may work for you, but for those of us who were promised top pay in 7 to 8 years and lied to, it hasn't worked that great. You see topped out guys doing well, and you may very well catch them if FedEx keeps their word, but many of us worked 10, 15, even more years and never got the good pay. We not only lived within our means, we did without. Those with decently paid spouses did fine. FedEx will have to clean up it's act and depend on us old grumps to leave soon before you start seeing a much happier workforce. We were expected to sacrifice for the good of the company, i.e. keep the profiits up so our exec's could cash in on their stock options.

Just under $30 an hour. Swing.

Anyone ever deliver to a rendering plant? Pretty much guarantee there is no worse smell on earth than that.
I have aa few convalescent on my rt and those are bad. The smell is horrible jaja... So anyone heard anything bout the raises this upcoming fiscal year...the vp said it loud n clear i doubt they would make a video and not keep there word then again it is fedex jaja

BigWork13

You people are amazing. There are very few companies these days that actually offer any kind of pension. Ford got rid of the pension all together. A pension is free money given to you for nothing. To complain about it is crazy. We deliver and pick up packages for a living. This job could not be any easier. I have no idea how everyone feels so entitled to be paid like your doing a job that is changing the world. It's just crazy.

whenIgetthere

There was a topped out guy in the lowest paid market who grossed $76k one year. He ran so much he got himself killed by a tractor trailer on the job.

B scale here, one courier in my loop who grossed 72K in 2015. But, said courier had his route boundaries trimmed after peak because of all the OT, and now is complaining that he can't make ends meet. Got used to living on all that OT.

dex 84

You people are amazing. There are very few companies these days that actually offer any kind of pension. Ford got rid of the pension all together. A pension is free money given to you for nothing. To complain about it is crazy. We deliver and pick up packages for a living. This job could not be any easier. I have no idea how everyone feels so entitled to be paid like your doing a job that is changing the world. It's just crazy.

It's not free money, it's money earned for spending your career with Fedex.

There is more to the job than just delivering and picking up packages. You're out there in all conditions, even conditions that make the roads unsafe, risking life and limb to get the job done.

Even in fair weather the roads are a dangerous place. To be out there all day getting the job done safely and efficiently is worth every bit they're paying us and then some.

fdxsux

UPS offers a pension. I think they deliver packages.

Artee

Well the topped out guys that do the early sort and then a full day route make about that where I work.

Yep....Definitely true. They are soaking up every extra hour available and coming in on Saturday. I know a handful of couriers at each station I service that make that. Managers at the station also tell me that the raises in management suck. They complain they have been a manager 9 years and are making $70K while they have couriers making over $80K.

Purplepackage

Yep....Definitely true. They are soaking up every extra hour available and coming in on Saturday. I know a handful of couriers at each station I service that make that. Managers at the station also tell me that the raises in management suck. They complain they have been a manager 9 years and are making $70K while they have couriers making over $80K.

If you can deal with how terrible Saturdays can be its an easy 5 or 6 hours of OT and you still have your weekend pretty much.

MAKAVELI

That 9 year manager making $70k is making almost twice what the average 9 year courier is making. It probably took those $80k+ couriers 20+ years to get to that.

bacha29

bacha29

BW13 I'm happy to see that you get such enjoyment from picking up and delivering packages.And sincerely hope that you will continue to experience the same level of enjoyment from this activity when you're out there at age 73 with rheumetoid arthritis and diabetes. And that pal is why they have pensions.