two pay raises this year??

l22

You people are amazing. There are very few companies these days that actually offer any kind of pension. Ford got rid of the pension all together. A pension is free money given to you for nothing. To complain about it is crazy. We deliver and pick up packages for a living. This job could not be any easier. I have no idea how everyone feels so entitled to be paid like your doing a job that is changing the world. It's just crazy.

Are you a troll?

l22

There was a topped out guy in the lowest paid market who grossed $76k one year. He ran so much he got himself killed by a tractor trailer on the job.

That is truly horrible. I have never known anyone who got killed doing this job, but I know there are people who have. R.I.P. to all of them. In particular, the idea that someone got killed rushing to get a box somewhere on time is sickening. Everyone, be safe out there and take your time. If it feels unsafe, just don't do it. It's not worth it. I'd much rather get confronted by an angry manager about lates than have my life taken away from me or someone else's in the process.

Express Courier

Really there is no reason to worry about having a late or two. It actually helps you out because after a while they will just give you less stops so you don't have lates lol. I always smh when I see a courier flying through a parking lot smashing over speed bumps trying to hammer out their p1. Chill bro haha.

Purplepackage

Really there is no reason to worry about having a late or two. It actually helps you out because after a while they will just give you less stops so you don't have lates lol. I always smh when I see a courier flying through a parking lot smashing over speed bumps trying to hammer out their p1. Chill bro haha.

There are some routes where your so tight you can't help yourself.

There's a downtown route where I can do 20 stops in the first 2 hours by basically parking and walking up and down a couple streets. And walking a court house which helps since every office is a seperate stop

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I don't complain because I don't have a pension. I complain because it was promised to me and then taken away.
THIS ^
I made a choice decades ago to sign on with this outfit based upon the rosy future that was painted for me. "a union can't do anything for you that Federal Express can't do as well or better - and we're friendlier" is word-for-word what I was flat out told.

So like an idiot I took them at their word and gave the most productive years of my life away - to my benevolent Uncle Fredward.

It wouldn't piss me off so much if I could have a "do over", but like everyone else I know, I have only one life.

So while it may be true that most corporations don't offer a pension these days, people make career decisions based upon what is being offered to them by their prospective employer. To make promises and then renege on them years later after the employee is "spent", really is unconscionable IMO.

outtatime

There are some routes where your so tight you can't help yourself.

There's a downtown route where I can do 20 stops in the first 2 hours by basically parking and walking up and down a couple streets. And walking a court house which helps since every office is a seperate stop
Sometimes it becomes a personal challenge to see if you can get them all done in time, kinda makes the job enjoyable. I've done a route that as long as I left the building before 8am, 30-35 P1's could be delivered and still finish 15-30 min early. And that's with no speeding or running, just hitting the stops efficiently.

Purplepackage

Sometimes it becomes a personal challenge to see if you can get them all done in time, kinda makes the job enjoyable. I've done a route that as long as I left the building before 8am, 30-35 P1's could be delivered and still finish 15-30 min early. And that's with no speeding or running, just hitting the stops efficiently.

I do a lot of extended routes that have a noon p1 committ time. I love seeing how many stops I can do total before 12 since you can mix p1 and p2

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
THIS ^
I made a choice decades ago to sign on with this outfit based upon the rosy future that was painted for me. "a union can't do anything for you that Federal Express can't do as well or better - and we're friendlier" is word-for-word what I was flat out told.

So like an idiot I took them at their word and gave the most productive years of my life away - to my benevolent Uncle Fredward.

It wouldn't piss me off so much if I could have a "do over", but like everyone else I know, I have only one life.

So while it may be true that most corporations don't offer a pension these days, people make career decisions based upon what is being offered to them by their prospective employer. To make promises and then renege on them years later after the employee is "spent", really is unconscionable IMO.

Spot on. I feel exactly the same way. Fred sold us down the river and then tried to sink our boat. And some of the retards on here wonder why we are bitter towards this shathole.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
With the seniority at our facility (50% over 25+ years), most of us make over $62,000. Those that work O.T. on the regular, have easily cleared $70,000 to $85,000. Even part time, working one day of overtime a month, I cleared $45,000 (normal week is no less than 30 ... more on late freight days).

Like it's been stated, most of us "old heads" are done with all the promises. When I see it, I'll believe it. Until then, blah, blah, blah.

fdxsux

I'm sure if we were getting another raise this year mgmt would be screaming it from the rooftops. SFA is just around the corner. Our MD was just at our station reminding us how great our job is.

SmithBarney

I'll add that yesterday, a station in which I have a acquaintance had a visit from someone higher than a SM, and it was confirmed market levels are being reduced, and raises in the fall should be 5-7%

SmithBarney

...Even part time, working one day of overtime a month, I cleared $45,000 (normal week is no less than 30 ... more on late freight days)...

Must be nice, I work 38-47hrs a week(~$425/week and cleared 22k, of course having a full family on FedEx's Cadillac Insurance plan...haha I could buy a Caddy for what it costs me.($125+ a week)

We have topped out friend.O. Drivers that clear more than I do, working 3-4hrs a day.

whenIgetthere

Must be nice, I work 38-47hrs a week(~$425/week and cleared 22k, of course having a full family on FedEx's Cadillac Insurance plan...haha I could buy a Caddy for what it costs me.($125+ a week)

We have topped out friend.O. Drivers that clear more than I do, working 3-4hrs a day.

Scale B, 40 hours a week, made 36K last year.

Purplepackage

How is that even possible? How low is your hourly rate? We have part timers who just got hired that have to be grossing more than 22k a year

vantexan

How is that even possible? How low is your hourly rate? We have part timers who just got hired that have to be grossing more than 22k a year
He might be bringing that home after paying insurance, 401k, etc. I'm at $15.82 and really count on some OT. If they do eliminate some payscales, hopefully it's the bottom two.