two pay raises this year??

Purplepackage

He might be bringing that home after paying insurance, 401k, etc. I'm at $15.82 and really count on some OT. If they do eliminate some payscales, hopefully it's the bottom two.

I just can't believe they are paying that low in parts of the country, I think I'm in B level (I don't really know because I've been here so long my rate isn't even on the scale) but our starting pay is now 17.05 I believe

McFeely

Huge Member
I'm sure if we were getting another raise this year mgmt would be screaming it from the rooftops. SFA is just around the corner. Our MD was just at our station reminding us how great our job is.

This year for the pre-SFA fluffing I got one BZ and a hand-crafted personalized thank you note to me and my family from my manager. Oh, and about 25 more stops on my route. Yay me!

Purplepackage

This year for the pre-SFA fluffing I got one BZ and a hand-crafted personalized thank you note to me and my family from my manager. Oh, and about 25 more stops on my route. Yay me!

A swing who just transferred got a BZ for doing a route he just learned and a pup route in the same day. So long story short he did his job and got a BZ good job

vantexan

I just can't believe they are paying that low in parts of the country, I think I'm in B level (I don't really know because I've been here so long my rate isn't even on the scale) but our starting pay is now 17.05 I believe
B is the lowest, which my station is on. I transferred here from an A station, which I believe starting pay there is now $16.48. So you must be an E station. The letters are out of order so don't let that throw you. FedEx not only pays that low, but if they can get away with it in high cost areas they do so. Ask the folks in Flagstaff, AZ which has near California prices but gets A pay.

B is the lowest, which my station is on. I transferred here from an A station, which I believe starting pay there is now $16.48. So you must be an E station. The letters are out of order so don't let that throw you. FedEx not only pays that low, but if they can get away with it in high cost areas they do so. Ask the folks in Flagstaff, AZ which has near California prices but gets A pay.
As i mention before i know guys make 80 95k i made 60 8 years w company...its not too bad. Considering everyone i talk to and all my friends i grew up w college degrees i do ok and feel thankful. I believe the raise in the end of the fiscal year is happening because it was confirmed by reliable sources ( not management)

Purplepackage

I'll to check the paper tomorrow, I know our new hires are 17.05 and I think the new top out for them will be 26.80 or something like that.

I'm an east coast guy but I have noticed that pay in the Midwest is obnoxiously low

vantexan

As i mention before i know guys make 80 95k i made 60 8 years w company...its not too bad. Considering everyone i talk to and all my friends i grew up w college degrees i do ok and feel thankful. I believe the raise in the end of the fiscal year is happening because it was confirmed by reliable sources ( not management)
Which we covered, if you are on one of the highest payscales and especially if you get good OT you can do well. But the system that was in place that stretched reaching better pay for decades was really harsh on the many thousands of couriers in lower payscales who don't get much OT. Throw that in with taking away both the better retirement plan and the good healthcare we used to enjoy, the job went way downhill. Might not matter to you at 26, but when you are 56 with medical issues and realizing you'll have to work into your late 60's, maybe 70's, it will matter.

vantexan

I'll to check the paper tomorrow, I know our new hires are 17.05 and I think the new top out for them will be 26.80 or something like that.

I'm an east coast guy but I have noticed that pay in the Midwest is obnoxiously low
If they bump us up a bit but then take away all the OT we won't be better off. Hopefully not the case, not sticking around if it turns into more games.

HedleyLamarr

Starting pay where I am is 15.38 which is what I make. The region I live in has a fairly low cost of living so no surprise that it seems to be the bottom pay tier.

Purplepackage

Yup. Just last week was the first time since like September that we got the Must take an hour break message on the ppad.

We've been hearing about the hour breaks since a few weeks after peak, but just like most things they only try to enforce it for awhile. You can definetly take a half hour and not hear about it.

Just like start times, on Mondays 2 routes I cover have really late start times, I've been punching in at sort start and never hear a word about it

vantexan

You started at what? If you aren't in the San Francisco/Silicon Valley area you don't get the highest payscale, and you probably aren't getting the next highest, the "J". So I'm guessing you are on the H payscale. What did you start at, $18-something? In the last 8 years we've had mostly 2%-3% raises, one year no raise, last year 6%. Let's say you are at roughly $22hr. That's $880 a week on 40 hrs. You said you average 5 hrs of OT weekly. That's around $165 for you. $1045 a week, a little less on vacation weeks, a little more during Peak, plus a sick day bonus. I doubt you pull down $60k on 45 hrs a week. Math doesn't work. But good for you if you pull down $50k+. I'm looking at $35k this year, and no matter what you hear it ain't THAT cheap here. Heat bill this time of year, for example. Just had to get the car fixed, $458, which on my pay means not paying other bills and getting behind. I've got medical issues and have already spent more than half my HRA. We aren't all in your shoes and we just want what the company promised us.

You started at what? If you aren't in the San Francisco/Silicon Valley area you don't get the highest payscale, and you probably aren't getting the next highest, the "J". So I'm guessing you are on the H payscale. What did you start at, $18-something? In the last 8 years we've had mostly 2%-3% raises, one year no raise, last year 6%. Let's say you are at roughly $22hr. That's $880 a week on 40 hrs. You said you average 5 hrs of OT weekly. That's around $165 for you. $1045 a week, a little less on vacation weeks, a little more during Peak, plus a sick day bonus. I doubt you pull down $60k on 45 hrs a week. Math doesn't work. But good for you if you pull down $50k+. I'm looking at $35k this year, and no matter what you hear it ain't THAT cheap here. Heat bill this time of year, for example. Just had to get the car fixed, $458, which on my pay means not paying other bills and getting behind. I've got medical issues and have already spent more than half my HRA. We aren't all in your shoes and we just want what the company promised us.
I dont have anything to prove i am 26 work 45 sometines 47 48 it varies but i did make 60k have my own house 2 cars and have play money . you gotta realize i live a simple life. I dont have bills at all except usual phone trash bill etc...anything is possible people love living beyond their means. I am sorry bout your medical issues even in the toughest times i remained optimistic . i dont work in sf or silicone valley but i do work in west coast fairly large sta

vantexan

I dont have anything to prove i am 26 work 45 sometines 47 48 it varies but i did make 60k have my own house 2 cars and have play money . you gotta realize i live a simple life. I dont have bills at all except usual phone trash bill etc...anything is possible people love living beyond their means. I am sorry bout your medical issues even in the toughest times i remained optimistic . i dont work in sf or silicone valley but i do work in west coast fairly large sta
Trust me on my pay I'm not living above my means. We don't take vacations, have one car. Point is that just because it's working for you don't assume those who complain are being irresponsible with their pay. All we're asking is to get to top pay in a reasonable amount of time so that we can enjoy the benefit of working for FedEx that the topped out people have enjoyed for many years now. And that's not a knock on them. By the way, do you have a family? Expenses go way up with kids.