ugly calendars

DS

Fenderbender
Agreed eddie...
in review.....................................................................

January :it appears the driver is either snow or skateboarding

Feb:the ups logo seems to be airbrushed in

Mar: my dog is a better photographer

Apr:Good idea, long pants and sleeves in Mexico

May:focus on the young lovers,not the ups driver that needs a shave

June:open back door,no problem everyone in Cleveland is honest

July:Portugal,winter coat and long pants 4 sizes too big

Aug:nothing to do with UPS,ugly picture

Sept:nice photo actually,my dog must`ve taken it

Oct:a sense of urgency on a one way street

Nov:how creative, photography 101?

Dec:hang on a sec thats THIS year in Denver,hmmm is that bulkhead door open?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Agreed eddie...
in review.....................................................................

January :it appears the driver is either snow or skateboarding

Feb:the ups logo seems to be airbrushed in

Mar: my dog is a better photographer

Apr:Good idea, long pants and sleeves in Mexico

May:focus on the young lovers,not the ups driver that needs a shave

June:open back door,no problem everyone in Cleveland is honest

July:Portugal,winter coat and long pants 4 sizes too big

Aug:nothing to do with UPS,ugly picture

Sept:nice photo actually,my dog must`ve taken it

Oct:a sense of urgency on a one way street

Nov:how creative, photography 101?

Dec:hang on a sec thats THIS year in Denver,hmmm is that bulkhead door open?

I dont have a calendar handy, although I think it lacks luster.
But April is Masury, Ohio. not Mexico.

Bulkstop

Shanty Irish
Those people in the calenders are never real UPS drivers. You can tell because they're never soaked with sweat and they're always smiling.

tieguy

Banned
hmmm looks like we have different calendars. Mine has pictures with a story behind each.

January - 4 women in a hospital room telling the story of UPS delivering needed medical supplies

Febuary - driver Mario Rojas who is community minded. Extreme closeup of Mario smiling.

March - 1 women and 4 brownie scouts practicing first aid on each other.....yawn.....erp....real exciting.

April - UPS freight posing with their new tractors and trailers.

May - Emanuel Kendiatmono from Jogykarta indonesia. What a mouthful. Emanuel earned special honors for helping his community during an earthquake

June- Captain Norman Seawright a force of volunteerism in Lousiville

July - Charlie Covert from SCS for helping manage donations in the Katrina aftermath.

August - Hey its Jim Casey in a painting that makes him look rather grissley.

September - Driver Ernie Derma who got an attaboy letter written by one of his customers.

October - Italian finance guy who helped Italy during floods.

November - a couple of ups store owners from georgia.

December - north new jersey and the mitten tree a project they run to collect mitten and toys for toddlers.

We are celebrating a 100 years aren't we?

How about some nice norman rockwell style paintings of our history?

mpeedy

My center didn't order any. Some of my p/u customers have been asking for them. Guess they will have to use the DHL/FEDEX ones.

stealth8

I deliver to a "Nunnery" and the Sisters look forward to our calender every year . This years was so bad even one of the Sisters said it SUCKED!!

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
The ugliest I mean ugliest calendar yet,I too like tie guy have that particular one (west coast). I've haven't bothered to post much about anything but this calendar just shows what kind of newbie clueless politicaly correct morons are now running this freaking company. Hey memo to who ever approved this stupid calendar we are marking a major 100TH ANNIVERSARY THIS YEAR , how about some black and white pics of our great past or pics showing our old buildings or old types of trucks . I don't need to see a bunch of pencil pushers and fat ass account reps nor any UPS store geezers nor overpaid pilots nor non union freight drivers and their shiny new trucks. What a about some pics of the part time grunts making 8.50 an hour on whos backs we all stand huh? I covered Jan. with pics of my kids if it wasn't for the fact that this calendar shows our UPS Holidays I'd toss it in the garbage where it belongs. What the friend is wrong with this company:mad:

DS

Fenderbender
I`m talkin about the desktop one that folds out.

I agree about the 100 year thing,they should do something big.
I suggest free shipping for new customers .
for a limited time...with big fanfare,and thousands of free t shirts
and free retro package car models and most importantly,do away with the brokerage charges for incoming US pkgs to Canada.
Upgrade all standard pkgs to expedited level,and absorb the cost .
as a result the excess ground freight could be sent by air when possible and the customer would not hesitate when they need to get something to Penetanguishene by tomorrow.

they should market this big time

hoser

Industrial Slob
Those people in the calenders are never real UPS drivers. You can tell because they're never soaked with sweat and they're always smiling.
they're new, they're beginning their day after a 4 week vacation that was fully paid for by UPS (on top of a UPS paid-for massage the night before), or there is a gun behind their head.

Upgrade all standard pkgs to expedited level,and absorb the cost .
as a result the excess ground freight could be sent by air when possible and the customer would not hesitate when they need to get something to Penetanguishene by tomorrow.
truck fuel costs $0.70/litre
jet fuel costs $1.50/litre

trucks arguably burn 100 litres of fuel to go toronto-new york
airplanes burn 100 litres of fuel to taxi from the ramp to the runway

why ship express when you can pay for standard, and hit an upgrade to express for free?

DS

Fenderbender
truck fuel costs $0.70/litre
jet fuel costs $1.50/litre

trucks arguably burn 100 litres of fuel to go toronto-new york
airplanes burn 100 litres of fuel to taxi from the ramp to the runway

why ship express when you can pay for standard, and hit an upgrade to express for free?
I can`t argue with that.I did say.when possible. If these planes are less than full ,why not eliminate a truck or two when it happens.

HazMatMan

I didn't like the new calenders either, hey, what about each employee getting 100 shares of stock for the 100th year celebration?? OR 100 shares of stock per 1 year of service?? Seriously, I am very curious to see what they do, I mean they didn't even give the inside people in my building any hot food for Christmas BUT the drivers (oops, I mean service providers) got hot food. I guess UPS doesn't care about the people who load and unload the trailers, sort and load the package cars as much as the people who deliver the packages.

over9five

Staff member
"..any hot food for Christmas BUT the drivers.."

You're not missing anything. The hot food gets to the building about 4:30, and we don't get there till 7....

It aint hot, it's been sitting uncovered for over 2 hours....

I wouldn't touch it.

rushfan

I thought the customers mattered. My customers all said the same-They now suck. I did get the UPS/100 pin. I hope there is more fanfare than that to show the customers.