Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

Mooseknuckle

Just a place to start creating that work from.
They are already pulling/adding shelf ranges.

If not is the company holding back volume from a prior day, weekend, or SurePost holdover.
I'm more curious as to how they will establish the basis of this work and how the 22.4 category hatches
I think we all are.

LagunaBrown

Bid saturday and sunday out with RPCD and force from the bottom up. When you get enough seniority, bid to a monday-friday schedule if you like.
That’s the way it is and everyone was crying about working Saturday and Sunday even my resident TDU guy. IBT made a weekend worker to resolve this and keep our workday workweek schedules. Now all of the sudden everyone wants to keep it the same even though they already have two tier drivers that make less than a 22.4. You guys are like kids that can’t make up their mind. Do you realize the economics like raises and benefits are based off a 22.4. You take away the 22.4 and you take away money. That takes time to shuffle economics around again. Has anyone even taken this into consideration?

Mooseknuckle

That’s the way it is and everyone was crying about working Saturday and Sunday even my resident TDU guy. IBT made a weekend worker to resolve this and keep our workday workweek schedules. Now all of the sudden everyone wants to keep it the same even though they already have two tier drivers that make less than a 22.4. You guys are like kids that can’t make up their mind. Do you realize the economics like raises and benefits are based off a 22.4. You take away the 22.4 and you take away money. That takes time to shuffle economics around again. Has anyone even taken this into consideration?

Not trying to sound insulting but, in your posts you keep mentioning how we currently have cover drivers doing this work and this is an improvement. This is really the whole point I would like people to understand. They aren't supposed to be using cover driver that way now in out current contract! Yet somehow they still are all day every day for many years. This language is intended to take that to the whole country and expand on it. Also, they can change the percentage after ratification. Obviously they thought to try and make it look better than what we currently have happening now. We can't just take the proposed language at face value. You have to be thinking about how IT WILL BE ABUSED.

LagunaBrown

Not trying to sound insulting but, in your posts you keep mentioning how we currently have cover drivers doing this work and this is an improvement. This is really the whole point I would like people to understand. They aren't supposed to be using cover driver that way now in out current contract! Yet somehow they still are all day every day for many years. This language is intended to take that to the whole country and expand on it. Also, they can change the percentage after ratification. Obviously they thought to try and make it look better than what we currently have happening now. We can't just take the proposed language at face value. You have to be thinking about how IT WILL BE ABUSED.
True those are factors in the equation but so is the Economics that come with shooting it down.

LagunaBrown

Yes, they will have to evaluate it all over.
There is a lot more to it than that. After all you have to expect everything right. Just as the company can abuse language with a yes vote we could get worse with a no vote. I think people are taking a no vote too lightly. As if there will be nothing negative that could arise. We all know what a loss of volume can do to jobs.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bid saturday and sunday out with RPCD and force from the bottom up. When you get enough seniority, bid to a monday-friday schedule if you like.
Absolutely correct.

This notion that they created this 22.4 language because package car drivers don't want to work weekends is a diversion and had nothing to do with this proposal. (RPCD is an imaginary term btw, not sure why are so willing to accept it into our jargon?)
What are they going to do in 5 years when it's the #1 proposal by 22.4 hybrid drivers???

The language that allows the Company to expand services to Saturdays and Sundays have been in the contract for many years while feeder drivers have worked weekends for years without concern, yet they pretend to only care now about only package car drivers, why???
Where is the concern for the part time preloaders who had a new schedule forced on them?
Because they aren't really concerned about anybody, it's convenient is all, and fits the agenda to sell this concession.

I'm not buying it and will be VOTING NO!!!

LagunaBrown

Absolutely correct.

This notion that they created this 22.4 language because package car drivers don't want to work weekends is a diversion and had nothing to do with this proposal. (RPCD is an imaginary term btw, not sure why are so willing to accept it into our jargon?)
What are they going to do in 5 years when it's the #1 proposal by 22.4 hybrid drivers???

The language that allows the Company to expand services to Saturdays and Sundays have been in the contract for many years while feeder drivers have worked weekends for years without concern, yet they pretend to only care now about only package car drivers, why???
Where is the concern for the part time preloaders who had a new schedule forced on them?
Because they aren't really concerned about anybody, it's convenient is all, and fits the agenda to sell this concession.

I'm not buying it and will be VOTING NO!!!
So your voting no to keep weekend work the same and continue to use current the two tier drivers that already exist even though they make less than a 22.4.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So your voting no to keep weekend work the same and continue to use current the two tier drivers that already exist even though they make less than a 22.4.
No, I'm VOTING NO to force them to keep it the way it is, so those who are forced to work weekends can progress to the true top scale, with all rights associated, instead of making the 22.4 hybrid driver the lone gateway to full time employment at UPS.

It's a true concession, in it's purest form.
I'm VOTING NO.

Last edited:

panther

22.4's are the cats MEOW. I give up.

panther

And this kid has made up his mind long ago on this issue along with all the kids I work with and all the kids I talk to around my local>