Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

born2Bwild

Who would want to be working when their kids are at home? Or when their friends are out there having fun ? Evenings and weekend? I truly seen the company having hard time with staffing you’ll see

542thruNthru

Eat a dick. I didn't say I supported this contract, I haven't once tried to sell anyone anything. My observation of the goings-on has led me to believe that this will pass.

You keep going around cocking off like that, sweetheart, and you're gonna buy your husband an ass-whooping.

7NNe.gif

Foamer Pyle

I don't disagree, but the question stands: are you willing to work Saturdays and Sundays if the 22.4 idea goes away?
The simplest solution is the lowest full time drivers on the seniority list have to work that schedule. Once they get a few drivers below them, then they can get the Monday-Friday gig. It’s really not that difficult. This is nothing more than UPS getting a lower paid driver to do the same work, with zero overtime protection. Ups will abuse the crap out of this, just like every thing else they get away with. The only full time drivers that will be hurt by this are the guys that cry for overtime. You know the ones that would work 9am to 10pm every day, if they could.

badpal

It's gonna happen. This contract is gonna pass, and it won't even be a shady deal, there is enough in this contract to make the votes happen. Progression drivers get a good bump, top drivers see that magic $40/hr, newer PT get a big bump, older PT are gonna be making good money and are getting that retirement kick, and lastly, a TON of PTers are gonna go for this 22.4 because it is the fastest avenue to FT. I can't really even blame them, the money and starting progression is enticing. Hell, I'd even bet that a good percentage of the chivalrous 'no' crowd will secretly vote in favor of it. Watch.
Yeah, i sure aint got no problem with it, but be nice if we got a signing bonus like in the old days. no mention of anybody voting against in my center.

noazrk

Union Steward
My question is once a driver wins a bid route can management change it? If a RPCD has a route that's 10 hours long most days how could he get much relief from the 22.4 guys Tuesday to Friday? One driver I talked to thinks the 22.4 guys will be doing all the easy stuff T-friend like bulk pick ups, UPS stores etc. and then regular routes on Saturday & Sunday only. That would be a hell of a lot easier than 3 level apartments every day!

Jeffrey13

Has anyone thought about what happens to a lower seniority driver if 22.4 goes in. They won’t be working on Monday only working T-friend May not get enough hours in a year for a full year of pension credit I think the union wants this to help save
all the pension funds they get $ flowing in and many won’t get a years credit in the fund. Most won’t realize what happened till decades later when retirement is near.

iruhnman630

There are other well paying union jobs where the lower seniority persons have to work the weekend but their unions were smart enough to get them on a rotating schedule so they can have one out of ever three weekends off I don't think the Baltimore bozo .... awe frank it he just doesn't think.
Some kind of rotation with extreme flexibility may be a better option than making 22.4s work every weekend. But the union didn't choose that path.

bowhnterdon

All this discussion and name calling. The Union and the Company have decided that the 22.4 is a good idea. Get used to it, gonna happen with or without our vote

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The Union and the Company have decided that the 22.4 is a good idea.

The majority of the members (that even bothered) to submit proposals, wanted a reduction

in forced overtime and didn't want to work weekends. Problem solved.

The company saves a few bucks and kicks more into the Pensions and Health & Welfare.

Get used to it, gonna happen with or without our vote.

Without our vote it can't happen.

Unless you mean, the members that don't bother to vote and the 50% threshold isn't met.

And then, you need a 2/3 majority of no votes. That's what really scares the vote no people.

Voting stats.... bear out my claim.

-Bug-

bowhnterdon

The majority of the members (that even bothered) to submit proposals, wanted a reduction

in forced overtime and didn't want to work weekends. Problem solved.

The company saves a few bucks and kicks more into the Pensions and Health & Welfare.

Without our vote it can't happen.

Unless you mean, the members that don't bother to vote and the 50% threshold isn't met.

And then, you need a 2/3 majority of no votes. That's what really scares the vote no people.

Voting stats.... bear out my claim.

-Bug-
You are always right. After all, you are the Big Union Goo... uh Guy..

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Some kind of rotation with extreme flexibility may be a better option than making 22.4s work every weekend. But the union didn't choose that path.
The company wanted extreme flexibility in the form of package car drivers working any 5 in 7 days. Those days you worked would've been chosen by the company. All the drivers in the building I work in were ALL against it. Not one driver thought that was a good idea.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
22.4 is what the Company and Union say is the answer to the weekend delivery problem. But that's actually just an excuse for them to start filling the full time ranks with lesser-paid drivers with no overtime protections while trashing the 40 hour guarantee for pre-existing drivers who are paid more.
They'll have overtime protection under Article 19 of the Western Supplement if they're in the West.

542thruNthru

They'll have overtime protection under Article 19 of the Western Supplement if they're in the West.

Lol I keep hearing this. Tell me something. What's the penalty if the company doesn't follow Art19?

No monetary penalty = No overtime protection.

We also have Art37 for harassment. Don't see that doing much good.