Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The majority of the members (that even bothered) to submit proposals, wanted a reduction

in forced overtime and didn't want to work weekends. Problem solved.

-Bug-

But they tried to reinvent the wheel.

This could have easily been accomplished by simply putting more RPCD on the road.

The weekend work is here to stay. That's all the IBT had to say.

You're telling me if a majority of the proposals from membership the next contract are 4 day work weeks the IBT is gonna say sure? Or no 22.4? Yeah that's what you guys want.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Screenshot_20180826-122304.jpg
Lol I keep hearing this. Tell me something. What's the penalty if the company doesn't follow Art19?

No monetary penalty = No overtime protection.

We also have Art37 for harassment. Don't see that doing much good.
This part of the contract, if enforced, does work. Just utilized this last month with a driver, center manager and the district labor manager. This section works even if there is no monetary payment.

SameRightsForAll

Is there a union equivalent to the congressional switchboard where you can call the people that came up with this "contract" and tell them to shove it up their ass? Everyday the details just keep getting worse.

You already know the Teamsters are endorsing 22.4 or else they wouldn't have shaken hands already which UPS proudly bragged about.

Right now it seems there's an intentional delay so we phase into peak with UPS using 22.4's before it's even written, then UPS and the Teamsters both will claim we've already been using them so we might as well just accept it.

The solution is to pledge to leave the Teamsters if they don't fight for us against 22.4. Tell it to their face and mean it.

SameRightsForAll

There are other well paying union jobs where the lower seniority persons have to work the weekend but their unions were smart enough to get them on a rotating schedule so they can have one out of ever three weekends off I don't think the Baltimore bozo .... awe frank it he just doesn't think.

UPS doesn't honor seniority and you know it, so why talk about it. In fact, they don't honor any contract, period, unless you fight them and then they retaliate until you quit fighting. You know I'm right.

542thruNthru

You already know the Teamsters are endorsing 22.4 or else they wouldn't have shaken hands already which UPS proudly bragged about.

Right now it seems there's an intentional delay so we phase into peak with UPS using 22.4's before it's even written, then UPS and the Teamsters both will claim we've already been using them so we might as well just accept it.

The solution is to pledge to leave the Teamsters if they don't fight for us against 22.4. Tell it to their face and mean it.

We are working under the current contract. So they can't use 22.4s until the new contract is ratified.

SameRightsForAll

I just noticed that the admin of this site has me as a New Member since 2007. I'm hardly new but I don't rant a lot so I guess my status will show me being new until I run my fat mouth a whole lot to earn my rank. Jeez.

542thruNthru

I just noticed that the admin of this site has me as a New Member since 2007. I'm hardly new but I don't rant a lot so I guess my status will show me being new until I run my fat mouth a whole lot to earn my rank. Jeez.

Don't take it so personal. It goes off of post count. You can easily change it yourself. You seem very angry at the world.

Mooseknuckle

But they tried to reinvent the wheel.

This could have easily been accomplished by simply putting more RPCD on the road.

The weekend work is here to stay. That's all the IBT had to say.

You're telling me if a majority of the proposals from membership the next contract are 4 day work weeks the IBT is gonna say sure? Or no 22.4? Yeah that's what you guys want.

You are absolutely correct! So why all this complicated language and the insistence on pushing this through? Because this isn't about giving them relief, it's about dividing OUR union. Please research this for yourselves. Two tier pay in unions.

542thruNthru

I know it's Article 37, however we use Article 19 of the Western Supplement to get a meeting when a driver has been violated multiple times in a certain time period.

Ok but how will Article 19 help a 22.4 if there is no Article 37 protection?

The company can just say "We will do our best to comply with Article 19." When they don't? Then what?

Future

Victory Ride
Ok but how will Article 19 help a 22.4 if there is no Article 37 protection?

The company can just say "We will do our best to comply with Article 19." When they don't? Then what?
It’s a crap show buddy .... sooooo many open areas ....so many gray areas .... we could sit here till we die .... just keep informing

Mooseknuckle

I know it's Article 37, however we use Article 19 of the Western Supplement to get a meeting when a driver has been violated multiple times in a certain time period.
The problem with article 37 is it says "if a driver is PAID" not if the contract is violated. The devil is in the details. So if for whatever reason it is not PAID (I'm hoping not to offend 542thrunthru here) then it means nothing! they have to PAY the grievance to proceed.

Mooseknuckle

I could file a .02 hours over 9.5 grievance and they'll fight it until the second coming. They don't want to be forced to comply. Don't want to hire more full timers.

542thruNthru

The problem with article 37 is it says "if a driver is PAID" not if the contract is violated. The devil is in the details. So if for whatever reason it is not PAID (I'm hoping not to offend 542thrunthru here) then it means nothing! they have to PAY the grievance to proceed.

giphy-36.gif

Why do you think you'd offend me?