Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

542thruNthru

Don't mean to sound overly negative with my last post. I may not have worded it properly. Nothing I said was meant toward you. I meant that I haven't been having good results from our shared BA's. Don't want to offend you with a comment about them.

You can say whatever you want about our BAs. I'm not here to defend them. If you feel you haven't been getting good results from them then by all means let it be known.

Trust me you will not offend me. Hell you can say Paul is a D* sucking SOB. It won't bother me. Only thing that will bother me is if you have unreasonable expectation and want to blame someone else. So far I don't believe you do.

So carry on.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You guys think maybe 22.4 could be a failure, work comp cases, injures, accidents and etc go way up and start costing the company to much
The company doesn’t want to run extra cars when they have brand new low wage pc drivers sitting at home... and people think that they will just magically start putting out 5, 10,15 hybrids drivers a day??? The company is looking ahead 10-15 years on this language....just wait and see

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Honestly have never seen the western region article 19 discussed or used, probably because it is useless
why use article 19 when we have article 37. And if article 37 does not reduce overtime, when did anybody successfully use article 19 as a fallback.

The only way for article 19 (which is given to 22.4 drivers) to have teeth is to authorize a wildcat strike. Bull like that will ever happen.

I just about had it when they described the possibility over-dispatching 22.4 drivers a "hitler in the system" that would never happen because "they can't keep track of their own dispatches as it is today"
WTF? all they would need to do is redirect my 10 add-cut sheets to a 22.4 and bam! you got yourself an impossible 12 hour route.
Local 162 is fully recommending that our members vote yes on the National Master, Western Region Supplement and Joint Council 37 Package and Sort Riders. We sincerely believe, when taken as a whole, this is a good contract for our members and your families, and that it is worthy of your support and vote. They are all good contracts that provide industry leading health care, pension, wages, job security and working conditions.

Mooseknuckle

The company doesn’t want to run extra cars when they have brand new low wage pc drivers sitting at home... and people think that they will just magically start putting out 5, 10,15 hybrids drivers a day??? The company is looking ahead 10-15 years on this language....just wait and see
Absolutely guarantee they will not send out any more routes because of this. Still endless add/cuts, excessive hours, etc. They won't just suddenly change the managements bonus plans. "OK, you guys got a lot more drivers now, send out everybody so we can better service our customers" Never happen. They'll still have fuel costs, insurance, etc. We will have no more drivers on the road, just less money and more unhappy drivers. If it wasn't a law they would've wanted no time and a half for overtime for these guys.

LagunaBrown

I am willing to work Sat-Sun till I reach enough seniority to not have to.
Are you willing to get all the monies that was allocated because of the 22.4 taken away? Especially when you already have a two tier driver making even worse wages and part time pension. If the retiree cap stays at $500,000 instead of an unlimited cap the people that go into medical bankruptcy is on you! Your statement about how weekend work is how IT CURRENTLY IS and everyone complained about working weekends. Now you want to keep it the same? this is like a kid ordering food and when his plate comes he changes his mind. You as a parent would make him eat his first order.

LagunaBrown

I am going to vote yes. I hope it passes. If you Vote no and get the 2/3 vote to down the National Master then I cant wait to see how many of you internet hero's handle a loss in volume. That's right I said loss in volume. Last contract the NMA passed and kept customers. If you guys get your wish you may just have to worry about layoffs and a President that will make us work through a contact dispute and possibly breaking the Union. Way to risk it all when we are getting huge $$$ on this contract guys. Ever heard about saving your battle for another day? I want you to tell me that stupid analogy about how negotiating a contract is like buying a car when we are on the strike line. It should be a good laugh then. The fact you think your gonna vote no and the company is going to drop to their knees is ridiculous! How many people do they fire and starve out because they know employees will crawl back with time served because they have bills. I could see a no vote if you never had a two tier driver but most of your areas already flipping have them at a lower economic value than a 22.4 WTF. Now I been in one strike and I got juice to hang if we get another but just like the obvious apathy, ignorance and propaganda going on with this contract I bet most of you wont even hang. Just keepin it real.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am going to vote yes. I hope it passes. If you Vote no and get the 2/3 vote to down the National Master then I cant wait to see how many of you internet hero's handle a loss in volume. That's right I said loss in volume. Last contract the NMA passed and kept customers. If you guys get your wish you may just have to worry about layoffs and a President that will make us work through a contact dispute and possibly breaking the Union. Way to risk it all when we are getting huge $$$ on this contract guys. Ever heard about saving your battle for another day? I want you to tell me that stupid analogy about how negotiating a contract is like buying a car when we are on the strike line. It should be a good laugh then. The fact you think your gonna vote no and the company is going to drop to their knees is ridiculous! How many people do they fire and starve out because they know employees will crawl back with time served because they have bills. I could see a no vote if you never had a two tier driver but most of your areas already flipping have them at a lower economic value than a 22.4 WTF. Now I been in one strike and I got juice to hang if we get another but just like the obvious apathy, ignorance and propaganda going on with this contract I bet most of you wont even hang. Just keepin it real.

Let's stop with the scare tactics already. A no vote won't do squat to volume. A strike will, and the IBT won't actually call for one, certainly not before another round of negotiations. If they called a strike after the first offer was turned down, they're even dumber than many people think they are.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah, our ba asked another group of local upsers what they were going to do if they get "locked out".
We dont have a local rider, the state rider wasnt opened....so that leaves us to the Supplement. Gonna lock out who?
The ba told us that 22.4s wont save the company any money and that every driver that's red circled will get a 40 hr guarantee.
Not to mention that the band Kansas with original members will be playing at our Christmas Party this year and Ms. Universe will pass out our gifts.

I cant believe someone would pass around false information.
tenor-4.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Trump just tried to screw with govt unions.... he got shut the friend down....

a911scanner

Let's stop with the scare tactics already. A no vote won't do squat to volume. A strike will, and the IBT won't actually call for one, certainly not before another round of negotiations. If they called a strike after the first offer was turned down, they're even dumber than many people think they are.

Although I agree that much of the rhetoric from the vote yes side sounds like scare tactics, I might agree with the possible loss of volume if we vote NO.

Our customers need to get their goods shipped. If a NO vote goes through, it would become public information sometime around the end of October or early November.

It is entirely possible to believe that some of our customers might be worried about us going on strike during Christmas, therefore ruining their business. They would want to have guaranteed pans in place to make sure the products got to the customers during this critical business season.

Although speculative, much like our not trusting what UPS might do with the currently proposed loopholes, the shippers might speculate on us not being there for them. Sorry, but it is true that it could go down this way.

Still voting NO.

542thruNthru

Are you willing to get all the monies that was allocated because of the 22.4 taken away? Especially when you already have a two tier driver making even worse wages and part time pension. If the retiree cap stays at $500,000 instead of an unlimited cap the people that go into medical bankruptcy is on you! Your statement about how weekend work is how IT CURRENTLY IS and everyone complained about working weekends. Now you want to keep it the same? this is like a kid ordering food and when his plate comes he changes his mind. You as a parent would make him eat his first order.

I say screw the retirees! They are the reason we already have a two tier wage scale and I say it's time they pay for it.

It's time they get their comeuppance! They kept screwing the unborn and now the unborn are here.

Someone wants to be a new driver they have to work Saturdays. If they don't like it don't be come a RPCD, but I'll tell you one thing. They will cry even more if they are 22.4. The union didn't do it so we didn't have to work Saturdays. Come on no one is dumb enough to believe that. They did it because UPS needed a lower paid driver for weekend work because it was killing them and the union wanted more FT pension contributions.

Just kidding about the retiree stuff. :)

LagunaBrown

I say screw the retirees! They are the reason we already have a two tier wage scale and I say it's time they pay for it.

It's time they get their comeuppance! They kept screwing the unborn and now the unborn are here.

Someone wants to be a new driver they have to work Saturdays. If they don't like it don't be come a RPCD, but I'll tell you one thing. They will cry even more if they are 22.4. The union didn't do it so we didn't have to work Saturdays. Come on no one is dumb enough to believe that. They did it because UPS needed a lower paid driver for weekend work because it was killing them and the union wanted more FT pension contributions.

Just kidding about the retiree stuff. :)
REALITY CHECK. UPS can hire 2 scrub drivers to do your route for what they pay you (That’s $18.50 each). They can do that until one guy can do it on their own then they will :censored2: can the other guy. Not only that but UPS would save $20,000 in pension per year that you would have given up (how would your family feel about that) and they would drop their healthcare to a 60/40 plan for that scrub and save another $10,000 in healthcare. If you think your not replaceable Go talk to guys in grocery or yellow freight. You dont strike on a contract with this many benefits. Period.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Although I agree that much of the rhetoric from the vote yes side sounds like scare tactics, I might agree with the possible loss of volume if we vote NO.

Our customers need to get their goods shipped. If a NO vote goes through, it would become public information sometime around the end of October or early November.

It is entirely possible to believe that some of our customers might be worried about us going on strike during Christmas, therefore ruining their business. They would want to have guaranteed pans in place to make sure the products got to the customers during this critical business season.

Although speculative, much like our not trusting what UPS might do with the currently proposed loopholes, the shippers might speculate on us not being there for them. Sorry, but it is true that it could go down this way.

Still voting NO.
But ups is the entity that really knows how much customers are calling their reps wanting to know what’s going on with a “possible” work shortage... and you would think they would be the ones trying to push these negotiations forward... but it’s the total opposite... the company was spending DAYS on one small sentence in negotiations... they also supposedly didn’t show up on one of the planned days ... all this tells ME that they really weren’t THAT serious about putting the customers mind at ease.....

LagunaBrown

Still voting NO.
That is all I am asking. Just weigh it out because at the end of the day we are all in this together.

LagunaBrown

But ups is the entity that really knows how much customers are calling their reps wanting to know what’s going on with a “possible” work shortage... and you would think they would be the ones trying to push these negotiations forward... but it’s the total opposite... the company was spending DAYS on one small sentence in negotiations... they also supposedly didn’t show up on one of the planned days ... all this tells ME that they really weren’t THAT serious about putting the customers mind at ease.....
You don’t know that

Coldworld

60 months and counting
REALITY CHECK. UPS can hire 2 scrub drivers to do your route for what they pay you (That’s $18.50 each). They can do that until one guy can do it on their own then they will :censored2: can the other guy. Not only that but UPS would save $20,000 in pension per year that you would have given up (how would your family fell about that) and they would drop their healthcare to a 60/40 plan for that scrub and save another $10,000 in healthcare. If you think your not replaceable Go talk to guys in grocery or yellow freight. You dont strike on a contract with this many benefits. Period.
Save the scrub verbiage for management....I have that trademarked