Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

Imchar1

Is there a union equivalent to the congressional switchboard where you can call the people that came up with this "contract" and tell them to shove it up their ass? Everyday the details just keep getting worse.

Box Ox

Are you prepared to work Saturdays and Sundays?

22.4 is the unions' answer to that problem.

22.4 is what the Company and Union say is the answer to the weekend delivery problem. But that's actually just an excuse for them to start filling the full time ranks with lesser-paid drivers with no overtime protections while trashing the 40 hour guarantee for pre-existing drivers who are paid more.

It's gonna happen. This contract is gonna pass, and it won't even be a shady deal, there is enough in this contract to make the votes happen. Progression drivers get a good bump, top drivers see that magic $40/hr, newer PT get a big bump, older PT are gonna be making good money and are getting that retirement kick, and lastly, a TON of PTers are gonna go for this 22.4 because it is the fastest avenue to FT. I can't really even blame them, the money and starting progression is enticing. Hell, I'd even bet that a good percentage of the chivalrous 'no' crowd will secretly vote in favor of it. Watch.

Box Ox

a TON of PTers are gonna go for this 22.4 because it is the fastest avenue to FT

Totally understand why they would. What they can't understand until they go FT is that 22.4 will likely also be the fastest avenue to their departures from UPS due to physical and mental breakdowns.

The job can't consistently be well-done and in a safe manner if you're the underclass pack mule that always gets piled on. Which the language in the Contract sets 22.4s up for perfectly. It'll be a FT trap that former part timers won't be able to come back from.

Totally understand why they would. What they can't understand until they go FT is that 22.4 will likely also be the fastest avenue to their departures from UPS due to physical and mental breakdowns.

The job can't consistently be well-done and in a safe manner if you're the underclass pack mule that always gets piled on. Which the language in the Contract sets 22.4s up for perfectly. It'll be a FT trap that former part timers won't be able to come back from.

Totally agree, man. Just not sure how they can be saved from themselves.

km3

a TON of PTers are gonna go for this 22.4 because it is the fastest avenue to FT.

Not sure if I see this happening in my building. PTers aren't signing up to be RPCDs, and they're hurting right now. I bet a few people sign up for it early on, but once the secret's out about how 22.4s are being used exclusively to drive, and not to perform other work, people will stop signing up.

The only FT jobs PTers in my build ever sign up for anymore are the Article 22.3 Inside/Inside jobs. Combos posted as Loader/Loader for Twilight and Midnight get more signatures than the FT driver bid.

Not sure if I see this happening in my building. PTers aren't signing up to be RPCDs, and they're hurting right now. I bet a few people sign up for it early on, but once the secret's out about how 22.4s are being used exclusively to drive, and not to perform other work, people will stop signing up.

The only FT jobs PTers in my build ever sign up for anymore are the Article 22.3 Inside/Inside jobs. Combos posted as Loader/Loader for Twilight and Midnight get more signatures than the FT driver bid.

Even if only a few sign up and the secret gets out, its gonna be too late, it'll already be in our contract...

iruhnman630

22.4 is what the Company and Union say is the answer to the weekend delivery problem. But that's actually just an excuse for them to start filling the full time ranks with lesser-paid drivers with no overtime protections while trashing the 40 hour guarantee for pre-existing drivers who are paid more.
I don't disagree, but the question stands: are you willing to work Saturdays and Sundays if the 22.4 idea goes away?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't disagree, but the question stands: are you willing to work Saturdays and Sundays if the 22.4 idea goes away?

I'd have no problem working weekends, as long as I still got two consecutive days off. Ask up and coming part timers if they would rather work weekends as a 22.4 or as an rpcd. I'll save you some time, the answer is rpcd.

542thruNthru

I'd have no problem working weekends, as long as I still got two consecutive days off. Ask up and coming part timers if they would rather work weekends as a 22.4 or as an rpcd. I'll save you some time, the answer is rpcd.

I think what he is trying to say is that "he" is not willing to work weekends and doesn't care what happens as long as he doesn't have to.

542thruNthru

1-800-867-5309

giphy-28.gif

Hump dump and roll

There are other well paying union jobs where the lower seniority persons have to work the weekend but their unions were smart enough to get them on a rotating schedule so they can have one out of ever three weekends off I don't think the Baltimore bozo .... awe frank it he just doesn't think.

jaker

trolling

You guys think maybe 22.4 could be a failure, work comp cases, injures, accidents and etc go way up and start costing the company to much

F

Frankie's Friend

It's gonna happen. This contract is gonna pass, and it won't even be a shady deal, there is enough in this contract to make the votes happen. Progression drivers get a good bump, top drivers see that magic $40/hr, newer PT get a big bump, older PT are gonna be making good money and are getting that retirement kick, and lastly, a TON of PTers are gonna go for this 22.4 because it is the fastest avenue to FT. I can't really even blame them, the money and starting progression is enticing. Hell, I'd even bet that a good percentage of the chivalrous 'no' crowd will secretly vote in favor of it. Watch.
Thanks Tony Q

F

Frankie's Friend

You guys think maybe 22.4 could be a failure, work comp cases, injures, accidents and etc go way up and start costing the company to much
The company, the union, and the stockholders dont care.

And the customers will suffer.