Unfair DQ from Intergrad atlanta

isonend

On day one of Integrad we were told "this is not a driving school - you already passed a driving test, so we expect you can operate the package car." In other words, driving the car is not the most important part of passing. You keep saying you were the best "driver" there, but in the delivery part, the driving barely matters - hell, I'm 6' 2" and barely fit in those little manual 500s we used. I kept getting my knee caught under the steering wheel while trying to clutch and stalled the thing three times. Didn't matter.

On the road part, it's being able to do the driver drill that matters, not how smooth you are operating the car. Yeah, if you jump a curb or have a crash you're out. You can be arrow-straight down the center of every lane all day long, but if you're not calling out your hazards and following the methods, you fail.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
On day one of Integrad we were told "this is not a driving school - you already passed a driving test, so we expect you can operate the package car." In other words, driving the car is not the most important part of passing. You keep saying you were the best "driver" there, but in the delivery part, the driving barely matters - hell, I'm 6' 2" and barely fit in those little manual 500s we used. I kept getting my knee caught under the steering wheel while trying to clutch and stalled the thing three times. Didn't matter.

On the road part, it's being able to do the driver drill that matters, not how smooth you are operating the car. Yeah, if you jump a curb or have a crash you're out. You can be arrow-straight down the center of every lane all day long, but if you're not calling out your hazards and following the methods, you fail.
Good post and better advice.

Because you need to be able to do that on the job. Driving is the easy part, trying to figure out what every other nut job is going to do next is the hard part.

oldngray

nowhere special
Robots are made.
Humans adapt.
overcome.jpg

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Supervisors dont change the code when required to pull a route. Its based on the Employee GEMs code, and the company would never reclassify them as an employee..unless performing their 30 days in a free hire period.

It shows as scratch for fairness to both sides. If paying a grievance for doing Union work it should go off the Plan day as typically I am quicker than the plan day as we all are salary and im not spending one extra minute doing someone elses job just to pay a union member for it....It actually benefits you in that cirumstance..
So what if a supervisor does change it? Will he get fired?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Yeah if you can’t call out the hazards
and recite a bunch of drivel

No way can you be a package car driver

SMH!!!

Yeah if you can’t call out the hazards
and recite a bunch of drivel

No way can you be a package car driver

SMH!!!
I don't agree with all of that crap and yes it's hard to put into words what you are seeing and trying to communicate it verbally. It's all stuff we did without actually saying it out loud , nobody ever taught us that
How many times have you been driving down the street and say....look at this idiot on front of me. He is going to do something stupid like stopping suddenly or do a U turn where he shouldn't be doing one.

Driving had changed a lot since we both started. More people on the road and more people looking at their cell phones while driving.

Observer

Please look at the contract book. At least 2/3 of the book is about trying to qualify or what happens after you don't qualify. They are mean spirited and nasty as I personally feel they (trainers) must get some kind of bonus if they disqualify you. There is no reason to treat people like dirt. If you notice no matter what job you're trying to qualify on - they YELL for no reason. If they admonish in front of others, start stating Article 37, Article 37 or not - just file, file, file. This should also be part of the negotiations. This abuse has got to stop.

iruhnman630

My flight was scheduled at 9:40 in the morning for a 3 o clock flight. My driving test was at 11:10. I think i was the best driver there. Ive been doing carwash package car for 5 years. I did well on the driving tests. They passed my partner and he almost wrecked.
Maybe the problem wasn't your driving

proyer

So, lemme get this straight you can’t drive a package car

So, you want to drive a feeder

Lord help us
Im currently a shifter and I did package carwash for 5 years. I can drive good.

Who cares if you washed cars, so they were clean, that doesn’t mean you can drive. You’re not getting it, you failed, focus on the job in hand and work harder on listening next time and not talking so much.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would so fail Integrad.

Heck, I am surprised they haven't pulled me into the office for my half-baked efforts at the new dynamic warmups.
stretching participation at our PCM is around 15%. The preload manager and DM used to care about the PT sups and their PCM presentation and communication ability aspects. There is one PT sup that just flows apathy and nonchalant at the PCM , they are definitely satirical and being intentional with the corporate mantra aspect and it's humorous in itself. Good times.

PalletDockShifter

Aright then good luck too ya
No

I did great on the road test. They had my flight scheduled before the road test. They couldnt find a reason to fail me so they made one up. Its hard to argue my road test was fair when my flight was scheduled before the test and thats the only reason they said i failed.

Last edited:

PalletDockShifter

Who cares if you washed cars, so they were clean, that doesn’t mean you can drive. You’re not getting it, you failed, focus on the job in hand and work harder on listening next time and not talking so much.
I did great on the driving test and i had passed everything else. They scheduled my flight before the test. When i did my pretest in nashville the trainer said i was the best driver he's tested and i almost got 100. Yall werent there. Assume whatever

PalletDockShifter

Please look at the contract book. At least 2/3 of the book is about trying to qualify or what happens after you don't qualify. They are mean spirited and nasty as I personally feel they (trainers) must get some kind of bonus if they disqualify you. There is no reason to treat people like dirt. If you notice no matter what job you're trying to qualify on - they YELL for no reason. If they admonish in front of others, start stating Article 37, Article 37 or not - just file, file, file. This should also be part of the negotiations. This abuse has got to stop.
Yeah man the director told me "i have no doubt youd be a good package car driver. I fail good drivers all the time and i pass people i know wouldnt be good drivers". They got there priorities backwards there. I dont see the point in DQing someone you know would be good. I would be the best package car driver in that class. I had the fastest scan time in my class. Had my 5s and 10s done on day 2. I had the scanner down good.