Union not fighting for PT Workers

PTPunchingBag

In my building, we have been constantly having our 30 minute break and 10 minute break shortened by a few seconds and occasionally minutes. After countless times telling our shop steward and our agent, UPS has continued to do this. On top of that, we can no longer turn off the belt unless it’s in regards to BMW, or we would face being written up with sabotage. Many of my coworkers are scared to turn off the belt when they have egress due to this and it is causing people to work in unsafe conditions. However, the Union has not stepped up for us and even though they may talk to management, management continues to do this. It is honestly to the extent where people in my building are debating calling the state department of labor to investigate the matter. Is this the route that they should consider going due to my locals inability to fight for us on this matter?

Trailer monkey

In my building, we have been constantly having our 30 minute break and 10 minute break shortened by a few seconds and occasionally minutes. After countless times telling our shop steward and our agent, UPS has continued to do this. On top of that, we can no longer turn off the belt unless it’s in regards to BMW, or we would face being written up with sabotage. Many of my coworkers are scared to turn off the belt when they have egress due to this and it is causing people to work in unsafe conditions. However, the Union has not stepped up for us and even though they may talk to management, management continues to do this. It is honestly to the extent where people in my building are debating calling the state department of labor to investigate the matter. Is this the route that they should consider going due to my locals inability to fight for us on this matter?
My break ends after 10 full minutes. I don't give a rats nut if the belts are running or not

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Most pt workers couldn't find the time to vote on the last contract and now yall want to cry because UPS isn't using Vaseline? Drivers vote, but thanks to poor pt turnout we are screwed too.

Integrity

Binge Poster
@PTPunchingBag, What have you done to address this?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Union boomers betraying PT had a few too many truth bombs dropped against them in this thread. I guess it had to be cleaned up.

You realize, this thread topic was started in 2 different forums ?

The OP didn't respond in either....

wilberforce15

You realize, this thread topic was started in 2 different forums ?

The OP didn't respond in either....
You realize that all Union guys are Big?

wilberforce15

"Which union guy are you?"

"The Big One."

"Ummmm"

Attachments

• B8Hiwdl.jpg
    B8Hiwdl.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 73

wilberforce15

You realize that most 20+ year PT workers with multiple children.... are lesbians ?

I can play this game.
Oh man, "multiple children with a stable job" - I'm such a freak. I'm so insulted.

How dare you.

Do you get extra years of service for carrying an extra person's worth of weight in every day?

Or can you file a grievance for being forced to carry an irreg worth of lard around all day?