Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

JonFrum

Lonely Wolf,

Why would the Union invoke Article 7 at a meeting in the Manager's office where someone is being fired and walked off the property for poor attendance?

The Union can't stop Management from fireing anyone. The Union can only file a grievance afterward and get the person's job back, hopefully with full back pay. The generalrule in labor situations is you must allow the Company to violate the Contract first, then, afterwards, file a grievance to set matters right. The Union can't block the Company from violating the Contract.

If the employee committed no "cardinal sin," and so should have been allowed to continue working even though terminated, (called a "working termination") then Management's illegal action just makes her case for reinstatement all the stronger.

tieguy

Banned
Lonely Wolf,

Why would the Union invoke Article 7 at a meeting in the Manager's office where someone is being fired and walked off the property for poor attendance?

The Union can't stop Management from fireing anyone. The Union can only file a grievance afterward and get the person's job back, hopefully with full back pay. The generalrule in labor situations is you must allow the Company to violate the Contract first, then, afterwards, file a grievance to set matters right. The Union can't block the Company from violating the Contract.

If the employee committed no "cardinal sin," and so should have been allowed to continue working even though terminated, (called a "working termination") then Management's illegal action just makes her case for reinstatement all the stronger.

that was my thought too though I guess the guy could have asked the company for article 7 consideration to strengthen their possible case. The other question in my mind was whether this was a three day absent no call voluntary seperation deal?

tellthetruth

that was my thought too though I guess the guy could have asked the company for article 7 consideration to strengthen their possible case. The other question in my mind was whether this was a three day absent no call voluntary seperation deal?

I didn't think about that one Tieguy!

705red

Browncafe Steward
KR. Agitator 1, he is one useless man...the stewards are handling all union business in Spring Street. Did you hear what happened in the Melville Building? The company brought in a female preloader for attendance and they discharged her, K R. acting as BA remain their with his mouth open. She was walked off the job...When the steward asked KR. why he did not invoke article 7, KR , did not even know what Article 7 was........Another Great Job!!!! Heaven help us.......

How can anyone blame the union because they got fired for attendance? Did the union tell them not to come to work? Did the union tell them it was ok to come in late? The union can help out the members in many situations, but we can not force an employee to come to work everyday on time. If an employee got fired for attendance im sure they have had plenty of warning leading up to their termination.

Only 1 person has the blame for an attendace termination and that is the employee!

local804

How can anyone blame the union because they got fired for attendance? Did the union tell them not to come to work? Did the union tell them it was ok to come in late? The union can help out the members in many situations, but we can not force an employee to come to work everyday on time. If an employee got fired for attendance im sure they have had plenty of warning leading up to their termination.

Only 1 person has the blame for an attendace termination and that is the employee!

Red
These cast of characters will blame everything including slavery and gas prices on the new board regardless of their fault or lack of it. The only thing these posters have is no clue and a lot of respect for the old board. There are 2-3 ex BAs running for steward this the last week in our bylaws. The 70 grand cut must have hurt them now they need the extra 2 dollars a man to help em pay the bills. Good luck to them.

lonewolf

Pete M."Cigar Peter " the V.P., Sammy the bull "Bull **** Artist", Dave O "A.K.A. Clueless"are going around in the Nassua build, Island City and Foster Ave, telling all the drivers if you want to wear the UPS shorts you have to buy UPS socks with the UPS logo on them. Guess what? We now have to pay for our own sock with the UPS logo...More money they want us to shell out...Are they Management or Our Union officials? That is a questions I have to ask myself... I have been with the company for 18 years and this is a new one...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What is this world coming to? You have to actually buy UPS socks? What's next, expecting you to shave and show up on time every day? Boy, they sure do ask a lot for that measly $30/hr, don't they?

JonFrum

Didn't the ousted 804 officers have three chances to make UPS pay for UPS logo socks, just in the recent 2007 Contract negotiations alone? Once in the National Master negotiations, and twice in the 804 Supplement (which was negotiated and renegotiated).

Didn't the ousted officers recomend a "Yes" vote on each, as well as on past Contracts they negotiated too?

lonewolf

Up North our good friend Chris S. "Get along, Go along Chris" was removed from the Brush Ave Building from the "Big Guy". The new Executive Board does not even know how to pick a Competent Board member to defend us and help us, that he himself had to come and remove Chris S. Another example of how embarassing they are. Job well done by Chris S!!!!!!

lonewolf

Three time looser Neil O. the "Suitcase" was out East Last week at the Suffolk Building. Word came from his old center, where he drove out of that all the members were complaining to him:biting: how the New Exectutive screwed up all the Medical coverage.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Three time looser Neil O. the "Suitcase" was out East Last week at the Suffolk Building. Word came from his old center, where he drove out of that all the members were complaining to him:biting: how the New Exectutive screwed up all the Medical coverage.

Do you ever answer any of the questions put to you here?

deleted9

Pete M."Cigar Peter " the V.P., Sammy the bull "Bull **** Artist", Dave O "A.K.A. Clueless"are going around in the Nassua build, Island City and Foster Ave, telling all the drivers if you want to wear the UPS shorts you have to buy UPS socks with the UPS logo on them. Guess what? We now have to pay for our own sock with the UPS logo...More money they want us to shell out...Are they Management or Our Union officials? That is a questions I have to ask myself... I have been with the company for 18 years and this is a new one...

It's real simple comply with the rules or wear long pants like you did 18 years ago

tellthetruth

Word just came in from the two ex board members buildings.. They ran for shop steward and were rejected by the membership once again... The two buildings where it happened were Foster Ave and 43rd st... :happy-very: Sorry Lonely wolf and Outlaw... Like I told you before... The membership is not stupid.. Keep up the good work new E-board.. We support you in a quiet way.:happy-very:

local804

Word just came in from the two ex board members buildings.. They ran for shop steward and were rejected by the membership once again... The two buildings where it happened were Foster Ave and 43rd st... :happy-very: Sorry Lonely wolf and Outlaw... Like I told you before... The membership is not stupid.. Keep up the good work new E-board.. We support you in a quiet way.:happy-very:

Tony from Foster didnt get beat, he was bashed. 51-19 in his own center? Say it aint so
And Angie in 43rd? I thought he was a sure lock? lol

AcesUp804

What did the two of them think , they could just distance themself from what they did to this local , i'm glad they got CRUSHED ,, Row A lost 2,348 to 1,091 guess it wasnt just Tim vs Howie ,GOD BLESS THE MEMBERSHIP , THE MEMBERS HAVE SPOKEN, do your job like the rest of us OR put in your papers and RETIRE ,, you too Bill .

tellthetruth

Tony from Foster didnt get beat, he was bashed. 51-19 in his own center? Say it aint so
And Angie in 43rd? I thought he was a sure lock? lol

I heard Angelo was defeated 47 -15...... DAmn! I also heard that the steward who won said that his alternate said that he would nominate him but if he wins he should step down and let Angelo have it because he is close friends with the DM Falco... Damn!! Get rid of that ALTERNATE... He SUCKS!!!

outlaw

Where are you LONELY WOLF and OUTLAW!! I can't hear you!!!:wink2:

Outlaw is here. I was waiting for you to make your phone call about the so called membership vote. I take it you did and found out there was no vote :surprised: when money was taken out of our annuity fund and put into the H&W. And I don't know AG that well but I have only heard good things about him. Im not from 43st. I'm a queens boy.