Union reps came to local sort last week to convince us to vote yes

Moneythehardway

The fix is in, Union leaders have been paid off, why else would they be pushing harder than UPS to get a Yes vote when I'm pretty sure they are getting the ringing from across the country about how many of teamsters don't like this proposal and wants a No vote. Yet they ignore the memberships' outcry and keep pushing this Yes jargon.

Why are they actively going from building to building, sending out literature and what have you lobbying for Yes votes instead of simply letting the members decide how we want, isn't it suppose to be US that decide what WE want or don't want, if so they shouldn't be trying to sway votes and simply let us members decide if we like it or not. What a joke.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So which is it? You can get pizza or you can get Little Caesars. Little Caesars does not serve pizza (I'm not sure what that garbage is supposed to be), and pizza places do not serve Little Caesars.
Lol. The fools eating the crap dont realize they are paying for it.

Talk about dues wasting...

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
we had a few union reps who said they personally negotiated the contract and claimed that it’s the best contract they have negotiated in decades. They bribed us to vote yes on the contract by buying the whole local sort pizza from little cesears. A lot of the new hires are clueless but think these union reps are awesome for giving them pizza and they are ecstatic to get a pay raise to $13. I think the contract will pass because the new hires don’t know any better.
"Then I told em its the best thing since sliced bread!"
giphy.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
In my building nothing is said, nothing distributed, our local is one of those who wants this one to go down. Everybody is doing their business with that look in their eyes of eager anticipation of getting their contract ballots and sending a message.

Maybe it is a tactic to keep the uninformed part time vote down. Keep it so low key and secret that most of the new hires would throw away their ballots thinking it was junk mail.

Over disciplined0123

we had a few union reps who said they personally negotiated the contract and claimed that it’s the best contract they have negotiated in decades. They bribed us to vote yes on the contract by buying the whole local sort pizza from little cesears. A lot of the new hires are clueless but think these union reps are awesome for giving them pizza and they are ecstatic to get a pay raise to $13. I think the contract will pass because the new hires don’t know any better.
Haha. Tell them your running against them next local election

Over disciplined0123

This contact only benefits UPS And yes it does have a little effect on future pension of upcoming retirees in the next 5 years. But the fact that it is introducing a two tier wage scale for a company that profits over 25 billion in the last 4 years from its drivers increasing sporh from the 15 to now 30 extra stops that seems to be increasing each year

Over disciplined0123

This contact only benefits UPS And yes it does have a little effect on future pension of upcoming retirees in the next 5 years. But the fact that it is introducing a two tier wage scale for a company that profits over 25 billion in the last 4 years from its drivers increasing sporh from the 15 to now 30 extra stops that seems to be increasing each year
The fix is in, Union leaders have been paid off, why else would they be pushing harder than UPS to get a Yes vote when I'm pretty sure they are getting the ringing from across the country about how many of teamsters don't like this proposal and wants a No vote. Yet they ignore the memberships' outcry and keep pushing this Yes jargon.

Why are they actively going from building to building, sending out literature and what have you lobbying for Yes votes instead of simply letting the members decide how we want, isn't it suppose to be US that decide what WE want or don't want, if so they shouldn't be trying to sway votes and simply let us members decide if we like it or not. What a joke.
i doubt getting paid off I just think the international is telling them to do . Even though some locals are against it.. I have a funny feeling that mabey they need this to keep pensions afloat because of mismanagement in pension treasury department.. just my assumption though . It’s scary when your going against a deep pocket corporate money making giant .. Money buys votes and instills power