UPS announces 12,000 job cuts, says package volume slipped last quarter

HarryWarden

What they are really worried about is that they will have to go out and find a better job, or any job...

The days of a "ONE PAYCHECK HOUSEHOLD" has been dead for a long time...
And it directly coincided with lower union participation, higher ceo and corporate pay and lower taxes

21Savage

Who could have seen that coming? Massive pay increases in a faltering economy. All the covers and most of the 22.4s are laid off in my building. Drivers are getting heavy handed punishments in an attempt to get rid of them. Routes are being permanently cut or switched to Saturdays. I called this last summer. The people getting the biggest pay increases would be the first on the chopping block.
Most of the 22.4's? yeah I'm gonna call bs. Anyone who was a 22.4 before the ratification of contract is still working at my building. And I'm in a big building. We have reg temps that were basically seasonal that are laid off working pre-load.

HarryWarden

Who could have seen that coming? Massive pay increases in a faltering economy. All the covers and most of the 22.4s are laid off in my building. Drivers are getting heavy handed punishments in an attempt to get rid of them. Routes are being permanently cut or switched to Saturdays. I called this last summer. The people getting the biggest pay increases would be the first on the chopping block.
They were going to lay off people regardless if we got raises or not. They probably had this number planned before negotiations

Pullman Brown

Most of the 22.4's? yeah I'm gonna call bs. Anyone who was a 22.4 before the ratification of contract is still working at my building. And I'm in a big building. We have reg temps that were basically seasonal that are laid off working pre-load.
It all depends on where you live.

Grey

My center rarely goes to any length to prevent drivers from going over 9.5. Cutting those checks weekly is nothing to them. As long as the have the least amount of routes in they’re golden.

Over70irregs

The warning letters that are being given out are hysterical. Failure to follow the methods by pulling in driver's side mirror, failure to shout UPS at every stop etc. Stuff that management slept on for years is suddenly a mortal sin.
Just pitty pat downhill roll. Just smile every Friday while ride-a-long boy sweats.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sups still handling packages on preload or outbound sorts? The union should put the kibosh on that instantly.

govols019

You smell that?

22.4's are still a thing?

anonymous23456

feel-bad-for-people-who-work-in-smaller-older-buildings-the-v0-dgyb9yij9ofc1.jpg

feel-bad-for-people-who-work-in-smaller-older-buildings-the-v0-txe9mzij9ofc1.jpg

feel-bad-for-people-who-work-in-smaller-older-buildings-the-v0-j2sp0yij9ofc1.jpg