UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The mentally of part timers has changed, many are NOT looking to become drivers now. The company has not made adjustments in order to entice or retain them. They should get paid more. But you can’t expect full time driver money if you don’t drive.
22.4 driver money or Regular driver money???

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I paid $3.27 this afternoon. Drop from $3.49 yesterday. You really need to shop around more.
Do you live in the same county? Those prices per gallon shown include my gas buddy discount.
FDCCC8D8-75A5-45D4-A294-91C2BEEEFC87.jpeg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Obviously you don't understand. It kills me people keep bringing up the $8.50 starting wage from 10 or more years ago. Starting wages everywhere now are almost double what you started at 10 years ago. Also, prices for things like food, gas, utilities, houses, clothes have also doubled from 10 years ago, so that's why starting wages everywhere are more now.

And seriously, almost all PT did NOT know the MRA was a hand out from UPS. We DID think it was a permanent raise because it was no longer in the retention part of our paychecks, our hourly rate was actually changed. So yes, we do have the nerve to complain about it because it's alot of money to lose per hour cuz no one had the balls to let us know it was going to happen.

And glad you hope UPS will give us Pt nothing anymore because you were never offered any of it. Keep in mind, your wage was safe and probably already $10 over what the MRA did for us. Good Grief!!!!
UPS wasn’t paying the bills for me either 20 years ago so I supplemented with a full time job on top. I also didn’t say I hope you got nothing because I got nothing. I said that because you are making a stink about losing a non-contractual temporary pay increase instead of being grateful that you got it at all. Get another job in addition to UPS to supplement your income or quit and find something better.

Last edited:
UPS wasn’t paying the bills for me either 20 years ago so I supplemented with a full time job on top. I also didn’t say I hope you got nothing because I got nothing. I said that because you are making a stink about losing a non-contractual temporary pay increase instead of being grateful that you got it at all. Get another job in addition to UPS to supplement your income or quit and find something better.
Some of our new hires are checking out FedEx and McDonalds for something better. We can not keep new hires for more then a couple weeks if that long. The only ones coming out ahead are the career PT. Some are the highest paid hourlies in the building with the retention bonus. $42 to $43/hr.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Some of our new hires are checking out FedEx and McDonalds for something better. We can not keep new hires for more then a couple weeks if that long. The only ones coming out ahead are the career PT. Some are the highest paid hourlies in the building with the retention bonus. $42 to $43/hr.
There definitely needs to be pay increases across the board in the next contract.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Why is it that you people think that every PT Union member only works one PT job and live in moms basement?
Please tell us all what you make working "part time" under a contract provision over 35 yrs ago. Yes, you will work 50 yrs milking a loophole you won back in '82. So what? I'm talking to part timers hired in the last 10 yrs expecting to live off part time job wages.

Labelflipper

Your contractual PT wage is safe also....as are your PT contractual wages. It is virtually impossible to exist on PT wages alone....now and 10 years ago. It is totally unreasonable to expect ANY job to cover your bills working approx 25 hours a week.
Please don’t start on drivers wages....we work our asses off and speaking for myself, I put in my time. And I always had a second job when I was a PTer or I couldn’t afford to live.
I see you still don't understand. Some people, believe it or not, want to only work PT, and can, and do not think a PT job will cover all living expenses. It doesn't have anything to do with PT thinking a PT should cover all living expenses. Even with MRA and attendance bonus or whatever, it still isn't going to cover all living expenses as a PT. I think most PT people know this, and we are working PT because we want to, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't get a fair wage to do so, or have money taken away when we weren't notified. Not me, but some people actually quit other jobs to come work for UPS because of the hiring wage, and were NOT told it was temporary, and that's not ok. So what will you say...too bad for them, they should have known???? How would they have known????

I seriously don't care about what the driver's wages are so there is nothing to start about that, so what, they make more, they should. Us warehouse worker's work our asses off too, and are putting in time. I'm sure alot of the PT would like to become drivers. Those that do, do what they have to do. Not everyone PT wants to be a driver. This isn't about anything other than PT wages being cut back to contractual wages, which I believe was crappy for all PT workers involved, especially when UPS is boasting about their record profits the last 2 years.

Most on here will say to go vote or leave or go get another job. That's ok. Alot of us like our jobs, and are only upset about how everything went down. And thought it was ok to vent about it, I can see now it's not cuz we are PT, and haven't put in enough time to be upset about it.