UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

If you are still active you stay on your Company's Health and Welfare coverages. only if you retire after age 65 you are dropped and then start Medicare. A ton of people are going to stay way past retirement age just because of their Health and Welfare being superior to the Medicare program, especially if you, your wife or children have health issues.

I just saw one part timer stay past 70 1/2 and be able to collect their wages, SS and pension benefits. I am currently collecting SS and active and 3 years away before I have to collect my pension benefits if I work past 70 1/2.
Are you a sadist?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If you are still active you stay on your Company's Health and Welfare coverages (Medicare becomes your secondary) when you retire after age 65 you are dropped and then start Medicare as a primary. Under Team Care you have no supplemental coverage once you turn 65 as a retiree. A ton of people are going to stay way past retirement age just because of their Health and Welfare packages being superior to the Medicare program, especially if you, your wife or children have medical issues.

I just saw one part timer stay past 70 1/2 and be able to collect their wages, SS and pension benefits. I am currently collecting SS and active and 3 years away before I (have) to collect my pension benefits if I work past 70 1/2.

triple dipping...:thumbsup:
2F64BE22-D76C-4E1C-A31B-0624C42F64BB.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What's the benefit of eliminating insurance for part timers?

I don't believe that it will happen, too many other companies in competition with UPS for good employees. The Company has to pay Team Care for an example a weekly monetary contribution per employee to provide Health Coverages. I believe that for a full timer it is around 500 dollars weekly, for a part timer around 350, the Company save roughly 150 a week by keeping that individual part time.

The pension disparities are far greater particularly if you are under the Central or Southern, the part timer's pension plan quits at 35 years at a fixed amount, no further raises. Full Timers can continue to accrue increases the more years they work, in fact it never stops growing as you age.

I don't believe that it will happen, too many other companies in competition with UPS for good employees. The Company has to pay Team Care for an example a weekly monetary contribution per employee to provide Health Coverages. I believe that for a full timer it is around 500 dollars weekly, for a part timer around 350, it Company save roughly 150 a week by keeping that individual part time.

The pension disparities are far greater particularly if you are under the Central or Southern, part timer's pension quit at 35 years at a fixed amount, no further raises. Full Timers can continue to accrue increases the more years they work, in fact it never stops growing.
But do these other companies offer pension?

You feel a lot more if it wasn't for the cost of the benefit package