UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Ours was cut to the $15 starting 1/16/22 and we were not notified either. (Some people, I guess, knew but the majority of us didn't). I truly understand your pain. Your cut was alot more than ours, we were at $19 per hour. They have been paying an attendance bonus since then, guess to make up for some of the difference. It took us 3 weeks to get it, but are getting it now. Not sure how long that is supposed to last, another person on forum said theirs was ending 2/25. We have alot of people quitting because of it.
Aunt Carol needs 42 million to show up for work. How much do you need?

Whither

Scofflaw
The mentally of part timers has changed, many are NOT looking to become drivers now. The company has not made adjustments in order to entice or retain them. They should get paid more. But you can’t expect full time driver money if you don’t drive.
People forget there was a time when one FT union job was expected to provide a decent living for a small household -- a single income! By that standard it's not unreasonable to demand that a PT union job provide a decent living for an individual. This thread shows there are too many Teamsters who are looking out only for themselves ... it's no surprise the union is weak. We have FT drivers parroting company thinking, talking about PTers in patronizing ways. Meanwhile the company is laughing all the way to the bank.

But that's what happens when unions allow wide discrepancies in pay ... in this case it has clearly enabled drivers to think we're somehow more important, and more deserving, of a decent wage. And worse, drivers who spent years as PTers can justify this compromise all the more by saying "Well I made my sacrifices, so you gotta make yours" ... when the point is, poorly-paid PT labor was an awful concession from the outset.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
People forget there was a time when one FT union job was expected to provide a decent living for a small household -- a single income! By that standard it's not unreasonable to demand that a PT union job provide a decent living for an individual. This thread shows there are too many Teamsters who are looking out only for themselves ... it's no surprise the union is weak. We have FT drivers parroting company thinking, talking about PTers in patronizing ways. Meanwhile the company is laughing all the way to the bank.

But that's what happens when unions allow wide discrepancies in pay ... in this case it has clearly enabled drivers to think we're somehow more important, and more deserving, of a decent wage. And worse, drivers who spent years as PTers can justify this compromise all the more by saying "Well I made my sacrifices, so you gotta make yours" ... when the point is, poorly-paid PT labor was an awful concession from the outset.
Yep, 100% out for ourselves. I hope the part-timers continue not to vote!

Labelflipper

There is a disconnect here. @From a Land Brown Under is saying us older senior guys don’t know what they’re going through. Times have changed and we just don’t understand. @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U is pretty much saying we went through the exact same crap so stop crying.

PT rate was $8.50 when I started in 2002. It is double that now. I worked UPS part time and worked full time at the hospital for 15 years before I landed a full time job with UPS. No, but please tell me how much harder you have it. Then they have the nerve to bitch about losing a hand out UPS gave them when they didn’t have to. Keep bitching, hopefully UPS will learn their lesson and give you nothing next time. Keep in mind, these little MRA raises and “show up” bonuses that you guys are getting were never offered to us.
Obviously you don't understand. It kills me people keep bringing up the $8.50 starting wage from 10 or more years ago. Starting wages everywhere now are almost double what you started at 10 years ago. Also, prices for things like food, gas, utilities, houses, clothes have also doubled from 10 years ago, so that's why starting wages everywhere are more now.

And seriously, almost all PT did NOT know the MRA was a hand out from UPS. We DID think it was a permanent raise because it was no longer in the retention part of our paychecks, our hourly rate was actually changed. So yes, we do have the nerve to complain about it because it's alot of money to lose per hour cuz no one had the balls to let us know it was going to happen.

And glad you hope UPS will give us Pt nothing anymore because you were never offered any of it. Keep in mind, your wage was safe and probably already $10 over what the MRA did for us. Good Grief!!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Obviously you don't understand. It kills me people keep bringing up the $8.50 starting wage from 10 or more years ago. Starting wages everywhere now are almost double what you started at 10 years ago. Also, prices for things like food, gas, utilities, houses, clothes have also doubled from 10 years ago, so that's why starting wages everywhere are more now.

And seriously, almost all PT did NOT know the MRA was a hand out from UPS. We DID think it was a permanent raise because it was no longer in the retention part of our paychecks, our hourly rate was actually changed. So yes, we do have the nerve to complain about it because it's alot of money to lose per hour cuz no one had the balls to let us know it was going to happen.

And glad you hope UPS will give us Pt nothing anymore because you were never offered any of it. Keep in mind, your wage was safe and probably already $10 over what the MRA did for us. Good Grief!!!!
Your contractual PT wage is safe also....as are your PT contractual wages. It is virtually impossible to exist on PT wages alone....now and 10 years ago. It is totally unreasonable to expect ANY job to cover your bills working approx 25 hours a week.
Please don’t start on drivers wages....we work our asses off and speaking for myself, I put in my time. And I always had a second job when I was a PTer or I couldn’t afford to live.

PT Car Washer

Your contractual PT wage is safe also....as are your PT contractual wages. It is virtually impossible to exist on PT wages alone....now and 10 years ago. It is totally unreasonable to expect ANY job to cover your bills working approx 25 hours a week.
Please don’t start on drivers wages....we work our asses off and speaking for myself, I put in my time. And I always had a second job when I was a PTer or I couldn’t afford to live.
Even 40 years ago when PT made the same wages as FT did anyone live on PT alone. Most were going to school or had a FT job on the outside or a husband as the main bread winner. Usually only worked 15 to 20 hours a week and only double shifted for a few weeks in December. Now with the minimum wages paid PT can work FT hours year round.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
When I was part time, I had a second full time job. Why do part timers these days expect to live on one part time job? Put down the Xbox and get to work. If you want a free ride get on welfare.

PT Car Washer

When I was part time, I had a second full time job. Why do part timers these days expect to live on one part time job? Put down the Xbox and get to work. If you want a free ride get on welfare.
Why is it that you people think that every PT Union member only works one PT job and live in moms basement?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

To clarify.....I mean “your contractual wages are safe, as are your contractual RAISES.”