UPS Delivery Driver Full-Time Job questions

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Wrong! You can absolutely get your 8. I used to get my 8 in the building. When I became fulltime same thing no work day after day. When I said i need my 8, i worked 2 shifts in the hub for$ 24.22 an hour, bull:censored2:ting around.. you can absolutely bet a 22.4 would be in the building if no work for long period of time. I would at 27.14 an hour!
@Dewdewbrown : That's great that it worked out for you like that. However, the labor contract language that got you that, is probably located in your Regional Supplement or Local Rider. Other Regional Supplements/Local Riders have different language, typically a "90%" clause, meaning only the top 90% of seniority drivers have an 8/40 work (pay) guarantee.

When posting here, please take into consideration that there are differences in labor contract language around the country. Perhaps preface your comments with the Regional Supplement/Local Rider you are basing your reply on.

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
Don't pay attention to @burrheadd, he's just tryin'a get you to give him your BF's weed.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U seems helpful, but he spends all day hitting on my wife, so don't be so sure if his intentions when he seems sincere.

@MECH-lift is just pissed cuz he built his GF a crooked ass porch and he can't afford a new grill.

If @NAHimGOOD offers anything, it's probably true, he's honest, he lifts.

10a to 10p will be your BF's schedule for most of the year. Four years from now he will make $100k a year.

So.....what do you do...???

From @Just A UPS Guy - the last part, @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U.

agoodfriend

What my boyfriend’s possible hours would be as a full time package car driver. One minute I receive 10am-10pm and making 100K after four years and now I receive news that he’d be working for 8 hours.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What my boyfriend’s possible hours would be as a full time package car driver. One minute I receive 10am-10pm and making 100K after four years and now I receive news that he’d be working for 8 hours.
The truth is this, a full time driver doesn’t make plans M-Friday. He doesn’t know what time he’ll be home. We’re on the slave trucks all week.

He'll work 8-12 hours a day, no way to tell how many from day to day until he gets to work. Don't make evening plans. On the nights he gets home early, be happy. He may work 0900-1800 or 1000-2300, no telling from day to day.

After 4 years he'll probably make $43+ per hour with OT compounding his income to easily make over $100k a year.

Now, what are you planning on doing to supplement your household???

agoodfriend

He'll work 8-12 hours a day, no way to tell how many from day to day until he gets to work. Don't make evening plans. On the nights he gets home early, be happy. He may work 0900-1800 or 1000-2300, no telling from day to day.

After 4 years he'll probably make $43+ per hour with OT compounding his income to easily make over $100k a year.

Now, what are you planning on doing to supplement your household???
Now, 9am-6pm he can work with. 10pm or 11pm would be too much. Especially for him and I.