UPS Driver commits suicide

tieguy

Banned
As so many have said I also am sorry for your loss. I think its also important to thank you for taking the time during your grief to share his memory with us.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
May God bless Skid Mark and his family. Mrs. Barnett, our family is praying for yours. As has been said, please contact your local union about any benefits available to you and yours. Your man earned them with 23 yrs of service.

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
Jimi was my baby. I loved him with all my heart. Our story was like a fairy tale and it ended with tragedy. We lived together from 1994-1996 and had a son. We went our own separate ways and both remarried. He got divorced in 2004 and I got divorced in 2007. We did not stay in contact but off and on concerning our son. We lived in two different towns. Our son had to have heart surgery at the age of 11 in Oct 2007. It brought us back together. We never lost our connection. He proposed to me on Valentine's day, which was 6 days after my birthday and 6 days before his. We got married on April 18, 2008. Jim was so happy to be with his son and with me. He made everyday special and we have more memories in the one year we were back together than some people have in years. We did everything together, whether it was picking our daughter up from school or making a trash run. It didn't matter what it was we did it together. He told me everyday that I was a wonderful woman and how happy he was being together with his family.

trickpony1

My thoughts and prayers are with you also.

Good job UPS!
Let's see, channahon knows of 3.
I believe a Tulsa feeder driver took his life within the last year and then there is Jimi.
That makes 5.
And these are just the ones we know about.........
How many more is it gonna take before people realize what's going on?

I would post what I hope happens to the management folks responsible for this but it might offend the "wine and roses" crowd.
You might seek the advice of an attorney (the union damn sure isn't gonna help you here)

Remeber the good times you had with your husband. Sometimes memories are the only thing we can rely on.

I think Jim Casey said, "people are the company's greatest asset".

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family,I know this will be a tough Christmas for all ,but hope you all find strength from the Lord and get throught it!!!!

LiL"Comet"

I believe this was officially relegated to the past in 2006 when Management Committee member Christine Owens in the UPS Management Conference reportback said,
"Our most important asset is ....the UPS Brand."

It's the UPSERS who make the brand

Last edited:

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
I posted a few pictures of Jimi and his Family. I will be adding more at a later time. Go to skid marks profile and they are in an album named Jimi and Janice.

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
Thank you to everyone that has expressed their support and sympathy during the loss of my love. I would catch Jim up at 5am reading this site. I only joined in August but he really enjoyed reading the posts and to connect with other people working for UPS. I find myself hitting refresh over and over waiting for a message. It does really help to read everyone's posts.

LiL"Comet"

Janice I hope you stay on BC and continue to talk with us, Jimi had a lot of friends here and you do as well. I look at UPS as my second home literally I'm there as much if not more. These upsers are truly all remarkable people and we all come together in times of need.

Here at my location last week there was a tier 3 accident which is what ups views as the worst on a level of tier 1, 2, or 3. It was a fatality with the other person (lady) whom hit our ups truck head on. It's absolutely terrible these things happen and I find myself asking sometimes why? Life is never a prediction but rather the unpredictable. I truly have tears running down my face when I'm reading your post wishing there were something I can do to help you.

After reading this post on Tuesday (I believe) I did figure out how I could help you in a sense (others). I am a full time supervisor at ups and have noticed the past couple weeks that one of my employees has lost some weight, been withdrawn from everyone else which he is normally not. Last night I was able to get through to him, I just made myself available all night walking by saying something when I got close, just simple words.

Then he opened up to me told me what all was going on in his life and continued to pour out emotions that have been building up since this began with his home life. Suicide was mentioned several times during the conversation and I thought of you and Jimi instantly. Letting him continue talking I spoke with him about our EAP options which is a network of a support I guess you would say. He spoke with a therapist on the phone and has a appointment set up today that I hope he made it to.

With your story Janice I was able to have to strength to talk with him about something that I maybe would have not taken too seriously last week. So Thank You for coming to BC and please stay with us if you do wish, we all seem to learn from one another or I know at-least I do.:wink2:

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
That is so extraordinary! I broke down a little bit ago and just logged on to browncafe. It makes me feel closer to Jimi and reading that Jimi's situation may have helped someone else brings a sense that maybe Jimi's death wasn't for nothing. I am a Christian and I believe everything happens for a reason whether we understand it or not. Tragedy brings me closer to God but it doesn't stop the pain. Please keep posting and keep Jimi's memory alive.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I was really hoping when i originally posted that this was just a joke. Your all in our prayers.

I do have a question, sorry for asking but maybe it can help us spot problems in the future.

Did he change recently, act different? Could you point out some warning signs if you stop to think abouyt things weeks even days before. If its too hard for you i understand.