UPS Driver Responds to the Haters

Thebrownblob

I wasn’t driving, oh wait, nobody was.
You’re right, I forgot you don’t have dignity.
1689815839763.gif

Staydryitsraining

Or I can simply close my position to limit losses. Right now sitting on $188 loss.
Or I can let it ride, because OBrien will likely still screw this up.
I'm fine with no strike, I actually like the company and you all keep working.
Problem is, and I've seen it a lot.....many of you just don't realize what you got, til it's gone.
Probably better you stick with delivering boxes instead figuring out the markets.
Holy :censored2: we got a real bad ass here everyone.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah there are over a thousand comments now. We are getting a lot of love but there are some people that have the “I’m getting ripped off so everyone else should be too.” Saw a comment from a guy that said, “I’m not even making $42 an hour and I manage over 400 employees in IT! Those guys shouldn’t be getting paid that much just to deliver packages!”

It’s also kind of sad how many working class people will side with wealthy corporations over their peers.
Have that guy brown up and be a driver helper for a few days and bitch would be changing his tune extremely fast..no doubt about it.

Zowert

Managing time and planning are big. I still see 2-3 year drivers I recognize running through my neighborhood...run a stop off, drive 20 feet, and do it again. A decent driver would recognize addresses 1-2 houses apart and knock them out at once. Twofers, threefers, etc. Really helps out a lot.

But again, I see experienced drivers doing stupid :censored2: like that all the time.

That goes without even mentioning the time management and sorting/searching the :censored2: preload in back.
I used to do that. Stop in front of each house, then I realized I was working too hard. So I asked myself, why am I getting in and out of this truck more than I have to. Now I walk more. If I have a street with 5+ stops and they’re all smalls I will put them all in a tub and walk it off like the mail man. I also started delivering air and ground together. I stick an info notice on all my signature required packages so they’re ready to go if the customer isn’t home. Little hacks like that make the job easier.

anonymous23456

I used to do that. Stop in front of each house, then I realized I was working too hard. So I asked myself, why am I getting in and out of this truck more than I have to. Now I walk more. If I have a street with 5+ stops and they’re all smalls I will put them all in a tub and walk it off like the mail man. I also started delivering air and ground together. I stick an info notice on all my signature required packages so they’re ready to go if the customer isn’t home. Little hacks like that make the job easier.
You use your common sense. Some people don't have that due to how they are made (some people are too clumsy and not detail oriented) and raised in life.

Zowert

You use your common sense. Some people don't have that due to how they are made (some people are too clumsy and not detail oriented) and raised in life.
This is true. I’ve seen some very talented, skilled and educated people that lack common sense. I was watching my neighbor, an engineer, try to change a tire on his car one day. It took this guy over 20 minutes just to figure out how to jack his car up. Once he got it up he crawled underneath the car to get the spare tire out. I’m thinking I better help this clown before he kills himself. So I grabbed my jack stands and went over there, told him to get the hell out from under the car. I set the car on jack stands, dropped the spare from underneath and swapped tires in less than 10 minutes. This guy was an engineer at Boeing for 15 years, now he’s some type of consultant in the aerospace industry.

wayfair

swollen member
This is true. I’ve seen some very talented, skilled and educated people that lack common sense. I was watching my neighbor, an engineer, try to change a tire on his car one day. It took this guy over 20 minutes just to figure out how to jack his car up. Once he got it up he crawled underneath the car to get the spare tire out. I’m thinking I better help this clown before he kills himself. So I grabbed my jack stands and went over there, told him to get the hell out from under the car. I set the car on jack stands, dropped the spare from underneath and swapped tires in less than 10 minutes. This guy was an engineer at Boeing for 15 years, now he’s some type of consultant in the aerospace industry.

Some people like that, can't cross the street

I GOT ONE MORE

Haters hate……so be it.
I doubled down on my UPS puts, mostly because of O’Brien. If he pulls it out and I lose my $1200, I’m cool with it.
Mostly because of other bad ass trolls.

Short squeeze in play, let’s roll.
Maybe this turns into a GameStop. ???

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpeg
    IMG_1401.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1402.jpeg
    IMG_1402.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 30

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Lol, the other carriers are foaming at the mouth for a strike as an excuse to raise shipping rates.

In the 97 strike the hourly FedEx workers were yelling at us (UPS Mgmt delivering) telling us we need to fix this. They were working WAY more hours than they wanted to be working.

i think any raise in shipping rates would be temporary, only while overall capacity is limited by a strike but I am sure they would take it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I get paid by the hour. Why speed up? Good way to beef up the daily stop count.

Commercial Inside Release

doubled down on my UPS puts
Good luck... You're going to need it.
Remember, UPS is delaying the earnings report for a reason.

Also, for just about the last two decades, layoff; firings; outsourcing; downsizing more often then not, means the stock price goes up. Wall Street has the opinion that the working class can always be squeezed.

Labor dispute is different, but certainly you are playing roulette.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I would always deliver air and ground together whenever I could. I would dig like a :censored2:in badger to find all the ground packages. Hated delivering twice, it was like taking the same ground all over again.

Up In Smoke

Haters hate……so be it.
I doubled down on my UPS puts, mostly because of O’Brien. If he pulls it out and I lose my $1200, I’m cool with it.
Mostly because of other bad ass trolls.

Short squeeze in play, let’s roll.
Maybe this turns into a GameStop. ???
A hand full of $190.00 calls would look pretty good right now, eh? When everyone is on the same side of the boat, it will most likely tip.

34yearpackagehumper

I would always deliver air and ground together whenever I could. I would dig like a :censored2:in badger to find all the ground packages. Hated delivering twice, it was like taking the same ground all over again.
I hated digging those ground packages out but hated going back even more . Some morning it was a real rough , certainly if you are bulked out .

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants

Or when you cant find all the ground, so you have to go back, and its 330 in the afternoon and the NDA is still in the same place you left it in the am. Uuuughhh