UPS Driver Responds to the Haters

Thebrownblob

Where is "here"? The BOG where you have FT delivery drivers standing by everyday on the clock waiting for a possible emergency to go out and take over a route or cover pick ups? I don't believe you.
You keep using the word emergency which means you’re full of :censored2:. Emergencies don’t happen every day numbnuts. By definition that’s not an emergency anymore.

Thebrownblob

How is it a loophole? Everyone keeps saying that, but unless I’m missing something, he is doing union work, and union work must be done by union employees before it can be done by supervisors.

Why are you not more upset at the company for not creating this full time job?

And I still don’t see how that makes him a sucker… he’s working full time hours at his discretion with overtime after 5 hours
Contractually air drivers can only do ground in very certain instances. We no longer allow the practice of air drivers to “continually” do ground work because that means the company needs to hire a full-time driver and not continue to use part-time workers which is an absolute violation of the language of the contract understand now? Mr. car washer knows this, but he doesn’t care that he’s taking advantage of a situation and hurting the people below him.

Thebrownblob

Oh yeah. You are the person that wants me to file a grievance on myself. LOL Is that even possible?
Yeah :censored2: just like the air drivers did in my building so they could actually stop doing groundwork which they did not want to do. Guess what? 3 new full-time jobs. And you’re not filing on yourself you’re filing on the company for not following the contract.

PT Car Washer

You keep using the word emergency which means you’re full of :censored2:. Emergencies don’t happen every day numbnuts. By definition that’s not an emergency anymore.
And I don't perform ground work everyday. Some weeks never. All depends on staffing, vacations, volume and no call no show delivery rivers. Lately I have been turning down most ground work and giving it to the FT and PT air drivers.

HarryWarden

This is been explained over and over again what @PT Car Washer. Is doing is allowing the company to take a full-time job from someone by using him outside of contractual language and gloating about it.
So no part timers should ever work over time? Or work a double shift?

I just don’t understand the logic of the people on this site. Part timers are a bunch of lazy bums who live in their moms basement and don’t want to work, but this guys is wrong for working too much as a part timer…

Stopping the hourly pay wage difference for part time and full time workers would force the company to create more full time jobs to save money, but you guys are against that also

PT Car Washer

Yeah :censored2: just like the air drivers did in my building so they could actually stop doing groundwork which they did not want to do. Guess what? 3 new full-time jobs. And you’re not filing on yourself you’re filing on the company for not following the contract.
And I bet those supposably FT delivery drivers are laid off and working inside right now.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I just don’t understand the logic of the people on this site. Part timers are a bunch of lazy bums who live in their basement and don’t want to work, but this guys is wrong for working too much as a part timer…

Stopping the hourly pay wage difference for part time and full time workers would force the company to create more full time jobs to save money, but you guys are against that also
He is actively preventing someone below him getting access to a full time job.

Full stop.

Thebrownblob

And I don't perform ground work everyday. Some weeks never. All depends on staffing, vacations, volume and no call no show delivery rivers. Lately I have been turning down most ground work and giving it to the FT and PT air drivers.
And yet you get over 2200 hours a year?

I just don’t understand the logic of the people on this site. Part timers are a bunch of lazy bums who live in their basement and don’t want to work, but this guys is wrong for working too much as a part timer…

Who said they shouldn’t work double shifts? you don’t even understand what you’re talking about. Do you understand article 40 do you know what the air drivers job actually is it’s not to deliver ground packages except In very narrow circumstances.

How is it a loophole? Everyone keeps saying that, but unless I’m missing something, he is doing union work, and union work must be done by union employees before it can be done by supervisors.

Why are you not more upset at the company for not creating this full time job?

And I still don’t see how that makes him a sucker… he’s working full time hours at his discretion with overtime after 5 hours
I cannot help that his local Union is weak we stopped at practice here

If you need a part-timer work that many hours or they're making $90,000 a year that should be a full-time job.

PT Car Washer

I just don’t understand the logic of the people on this site. Part timers are a bunch of lazy bums who live in their moms basement and don’t want to work, but this guys is wrong for working too much as a part timer…

It destroys their perception of self importance that it takes a special skill to find an address with turn by turn directions and carry an Amazon package up to the front door without hitting something. For $41/hr

HarryWarden

He is actively preventing someone below him getting access to a full time job.

Full stop.
He’s not, the company is. The company is free to create a full time job if they want.

Do you guys get mad at drivers who choose to work overtime also? Multiple drivers working overtime could be stopping another driver position from opening up

Am I not allowed to work double shifts?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
He’s not, the company is. The company is free to create a full time job if they want.

Do you guys get mad at drivers who choose to work overtime also? Multiple drivers working overtime could be stopping another driver position from opening up

His job description lays out that he should only deliver ground for emergencies.

My job is to deliver ground. However much ground is up to my dispatcher. They rent me for up to 14 hours a day.

His job should be to wash cars.

PT Car Washer

And yet you get over 2200 hours a year?

Who said they shouldn’t work double shifts? you don’t even understand what you’re talking about. Do you understand article 40 do you know what the air drivers job actually is it’s not to deliver ground packages except In very narrow circumstances.
Your very narrow circumstances. I agree it should be FT delivery driver work but when you can't get enough FT delivery drivers to show up for work, what do you do? Let management perform Union work?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I have respect for your passion for part timers.

I want life to be better for part timers too.
This man is cheating the system, and is providing the company with a cheap alternative to raising your coworkers up and offering them a full time career.

Thebrownblob

Your very narrow circumstances. I agree it should be FT delivery driver work but when you can't get enough FT delivery drivers to show up for work, what do you do? Let management perform Union work?
You must be the only one in the BOG, there’s ways the company has to get people to come to work if they continue to mess. Either that or they don’t have enough coverage to begin with they need to hire more full timers.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Why hasn’t the company posted more jobs then?

If their argument is not having enough drivers, tell them to staff appropriately.