UPS Driver Responds to the Haters

Thebrownblob

Why hasn’t the company posted more jobs then?

If their argument is not having enough drivers, tell them to staff appropriately.
Clearly they don’t need to because part timers are doing the contractual, full-time work and getting half the pension. And it appears the practice has been going on for many years where he’s at.

HarryWarden

His job description lays out that he should only deliver ground for emergencies.

My job is to deliver ground. However much ground is up to my dispatcher. They rent me for up to 14 hours a day.

His job should be to wash cars.
It’s not his job to determine what is or isn’t an emergency. His job is to do union work. He wants to do the work, so he’s doing it.

Like I’ve said, if there wasn’t such a large pay gap between part time and full time work, the company would be more incentivized to create more full time jobs, to pay 1 guy to do the work rather than 2, but when that gets brought up you are against that also

Thebrownblob

It’s not his job to determine what is or isn’t an emergency. His job is to do union work. He wants to do the work, so he’s doing it.

Like I’ve said, if there wasn’t such a large pay gap between part time and full time work, the company would be more incentivized to create more full time jobs, to pay 1 guy to do the work rather than 2, but when that gets brought up you are against that also
The company does not need to be incentivized, we have a contract. Do you understand that? A good union member would make sure that this issue was brought up every local union meeting as well as filing grievances in order to get the company to do what their contractually obligated to do.. whether it was for them directly or not.

You must be the only one in the BOG, there’s ways the company has to get people to come to work if they continue to mess. Either that or they don’t have enough coverage to begin with they need to hire more full timers.
Good plan. Lets terminate or suspend delivery drivers for attendance creating more need to use air drivers. Have you thought this out?

The company does not need to be incentivized, we have a contract. Do you understand that? A good union member would make sure that this issue was brought up every local union meeting as well as filing grievances in order to get the company to do with their contractually obligated to do.. whether it was for them directly or not.
That makes no sense at all.

Thebrownblob

That makes no sense at all.
The company having an obligation to make sure part-timers are not continually doing full-time work is difficult to understand? It makes no sense? Your truly a twisted senile old man. You’ve been purposely screwing Junior employees so long you’ve become a locust.

The company having an obligation to make sure part-timers are not continually doing full-time work is difficult to understand? It makes no sense? Your truly a twisted senile old man. You’ve been purposely screwing Junior employees so long you’ve become a locust.
In the Central Region the company must use dues paying Union members to perform bargaining unit work before using management. I guess that is beyond your understanding.

Thebrownblob

In the Central Region the company must use dues paying Union members to perform bargaining unit work before using management. I guess that is beyond your understanding.
Hey jackass, don’t tell me what the Central region says I’m in the central region, and I’ve taken several of those cases to the panel and to the air committee and the problem was solved by adding more full-time driver’s, you do know those are union members, right? The ones you’ve been allowing the company to stick it up their ass for 40 years while bitching and moaning about part-time pay? I’ve asked you more than once to tell me what Location you’re in so I can help you fix this problem but you’re too much of a coward to tell me. You are a cancer to the union and a scab for the company.