UPS Driver Responds to the Haters

clean hairy

Or when you cant find all the ground, so you have to go back, and its 330 in the afternoon and the NDA is still in the same place you left it in the am. Uuuughhh
"Boss, alll I did was follow Orion as instructed."
"You want I should ignore Orion and use my area knowledge from now on?"

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I hated digging those ground packages out but hated going back even more . Some morning it was a real rough , certainly if you are bulked out .
Typical day out in the city is to knock out bulk and oversize with the air and then purposefully trace yourself around the shelf # that is least terrible to access. Which oddly enough is never 1 or 2 it's usually 4 or 8 or 3 sometimes.
I might drive past a stop simply because the 4 didgeridoo number rolled over from like 4000 to 3900 and I just don't want to go back there yet lol.

Last edited:

Undertow

"Boss, alll I did was follow Orion as instructed."
"You want I should ignore Orion and use my area knowledge from now on?"
We had a guy who's time study was so badly screwed that even the runners and gunners who covered his route couldn't come anywhere near scratch. Management insisted he be given a 3 day performance ride and directed him NOT to follow ORION trace. All the evidence anybody needs to know it's useless.

clean hairy

I could train a monkey to replace you, and the monkey would do a better job. Your union job is only as strong as the thin veneer of civility we call “law”, and when the ice breaks you will be swimming with the sharks.
You would have animal rights people coming after you for horrible treatment of these animals!

Undertow

Yeah there are over a thousand comments now. We are getting a lot of love but there are some people that have the “I’m getting ripped off so everyone else should be too.” Saw a comment from a guy that said, “I’m not even making $42 an hour and I manage over 400 employees in IT! Those guys shouldn’t be getting paid that much just to deliver packages!”

It’s also kind of sad how many working class people will side with wealthy corporations over their peers.
I agree, but I can remember a time many years ago on these boards when the pilots were in the midst of trying to secure better wages and working conditions and there were more than a few drivers criticizing them and the "hardball" tactics they were employing in negotiations (which ironically were about a mirror image to what O'Brien's approach so far has been).

And that was long after the pilots walked with us on picket lines to show solidarity in '97. It was disappointing to see.

Staydryitsraining

I agree, but I can remember a time many years ago on these boards when the pilots were in the midst of trying to secure better wages and working conditions and there were more than a few drivers criticizing them and the "hardball" tactics they were employing in negotiations (which ironically were about a mirror image to what O'Brien's approach so far has been).

And that was long after the pilots walked with us on picket lines to show solidarity in '97. It was disappointing to see.
Well most drivers only care about maxing out their hours because they are so miserable and have too much debt to be or do anything else.