UPS Drivers Make How Much?!?

ManInBrown

My wife is a nurse and she shared this gem with me the other day:

UPS Drivers make HOW much???? | allnurses

It appears there are some nurses unhappy with the fact UPS drivers can make 70K a year. Some of them feel entitled to make more money than us simply by virtue. The sentiment on that thread seems to be all, “We save lives, therefore we should make more than those uneducated folks in brown!” Yes they do save lives, with latex gloves we likely delivered, among other things.

A side note; my wife makes much more than I do as a union nurse. Then again I’m a first year driver at the bottom of the pay scale.
70K a year. ROTFLMAO. I wouldn’t even set my alarm for 70K a year. Tell your wife try 110K.

Maplewood

“UPS just happens to be an incredibly well-run company, with state-of-the-art training tools, strong incentives and internal promotion, competitive hiring, and good compensation. I think that many hospital systems could learn a lot from them!”

i want to laugh at this bit but then i think what if everyone else is actually worse than us

it’s scary when you really think about how incompetent most companies and govt probably is in relation to UPS
ORION? LOL

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Plenty of lazy arsed nurses out there too. Some are incompetent as well. Don't get sick on their watch.

542thruNthru

Sounds like UPS Drivers in that respect.

IMG_1871.GIF

Blackadder 2

My cousin is a teacher, a few years ago she borrowed my car for a day, I had left my pay stub in the car and she looked at. She asked me if it was a miss print or something. I told her I was on pace to break 100K for the year for the first time. She was actually mad about it.

I had to remind her she gets the summer off, and when she is home xmas eve with the kids I am out there in the dark trying to get my last stops off.

She felt better.

542thruNthru

My cousin is a teacher, a few years ago she borrowed my car for a day, I had left my pay stub in the car and she looked at. She asked me if it was a miss print or something. I told her I was on pace to break 100K for the year for the first time. She was actually mad about it.

I had to remind her she gets the summer off, and when she is home xmas eve with the kids I am out there in the dark trying to get my last stops off.

She felt better.

That's funny some years a go I had a teacher in a school try and tell me I was grossly over paid.

I laughed and said "yep and my kids go to private school so they don't turn out broke like you."

Got a customer complain on that one. Oh well.

rod

Retired 22 years

She felt better.

Tell her to shut her pie hole and make you a sandwich.