UPS Drivers Make How Much?!?

Zowert

Trying to be polite here but
tell your wife to (fill in the blank). There are plenty of better positions in the medical field with better pay. I'm sure she is aware of this.

My wife didn’t write anything you see on the thread. She browses that forum all the time though, she found this and showed me.

Hroller

My goal is to make more than nurses.
WTF do they think they deserve?
I'm working....I'm working....I'm moving.
THEY are doing little more than discussing lunch plans....on the clock.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

moldsporh

My wife is a nurse and she shared this gem with me the other day:

UPS Drivers make HOW much???? | allnurses

It appears there are some nurses unhappy with the fact UPS drivers can make 70K a year. Some of them feel entitled to make more money than us simply by virtue. The sentiment on that thread seems to be all, “We save lives, therefore we should make more than those uneducated folks in brown!” Yes they do save lives, with latex gloves we likely delivered, among other things.

A side note; my wife makes much more than I do as a union nurse. Then again I’m a first year driver at the bottom of the pay scale.

Well.....get out of your air conditioned office....load some trucks for a few years, start off as a cover driver, then work your way into a route

In the heat of summer, cold of winter, rainy days, stormy days, get in trouble....for everything, lose all time from family from Thanksgiving to Xmas, never travel with kids for holidays until they have kids.

Along with the body aches......then wonder why you get paid what you do.

How about let them jump one holiday season.

Funny that people have an issue with our pay, but wont walk the walk. How about a pro baseball player taking in a few million per year on the low side....but that's OK right?

How about be happy for what other people make that choose this career? How difficult could that be? Does anyone ask how much a nurse can make? Sure, nurses help people...but that's the career you choose...were not saying....."A nurse makes how much?" Quick search will show how much a nurse makes.

The only people who have an issue with what me make, are the ones who haven't done the job. We dont make millions of dollars....we dont even get a fair COLA allowance.

Again..... how about be happy for the people who choose their career, and get paid what they do.

Or...

A teacher only makes how much?!!

That topic would be far better worth pursuing.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

It appears there are some nurses unhappy with the fact UPS drivers can make 70K a year. Some of them feel entitled to make more money than us simply by virtue. The sentiment on that thread seems to be all, “We save lives, therefore we should make more than those uneducated folks in brown!” Yes they do save lives, with latex gloves we likely delivered, among other things.

A side note; my wife makes much more than I do as a union nurse. Then again I’m a first year driver at the bottom of the pay scale.
$70k???

That's about 2/3rds of a year worked for full scale driver. Most make $85k to $105k right now & raises every August 1st & February 1st.

If those wages got your wife fired up. When you're in the throws of passion at the climatic point. Whisper in her ear;

8-paid weeks vacation too!

Enjoy the ride. :)

The Driver

I drive.
Well.....get out of your air conditioned office....load some trucks for a few years, start off as a cover driver, then work your way into a route

In the heat of summer, cold of winter, rainy days, stormy days, get in trouble....for everything, lose all time from family from Thanksgiving to Xmas, never travel with kids for holidays until they have kids.

Along with the body aches......then wonder why you get paid what you do.

Seriously. Some people eat untold buckets of :censored2: just to get the opportunity to destroy their bodies for 30 years.

The market demands it, we have a union, tough titties. We get paid well, baby!

Observer

Does she work in the oppresive heat and extreme cold? No - nurses are like teachers - most are overpaid. Any experiences and those of others are more negatives than positives. They gossip about patients (hippa violation) and also claim they are busy. Yet when you check the ward there are several empty beds. It's worse in a nursing home. If you ask most of them they say they got in it for the money. Not to help people - a lot of doctors are the same way. Sorry but people who do physical work deserve every penny. Several newborns died on their watch here a few years ago. Turns out they administered the adult dosage of Heperin. Of course, they blamed the pharmacy for the error. From my understanding the nurse is to recheck the dosage prior to administering it to the patient. 8 babies lost their lives. Check the story out - Dennis Quaid the actor had the same thing happen to his twins in California around the same time. Luckily his kids pulled through. So after that happened - all respect is gone.

panchovilla

Anyone that thinks the drivers are overpayed, I would love to see you work in the warehouse part time for 10yrs(now its more like 8yrs) to get the opportunity to be a driver. Then deal with a loaded truck, heat and everything in between. People hear about the money and say drivers are complaining or want more but they dont think about what we went thru to get there.

panchovilla

F848499D-53E8-4BB2-9A03-F5A7A94EB70D.jpeg
Anyone that thinks the drivers are overpayed, I would love to see you work in the warehouse part time for 10yrs(now its more like 8yrs) to get the opportunity to be a driver. Then deal with a loaded truck, heat and everything in between. People hear about the money and say drivers are complaining or want more but they dont think about what we went thru to get there.

M

MenInBrown

I wonder how these nurses around the country get there supplies to save these lives? In some places, I wonder how these nurses receive their pay Chex?

Nurse: “ I will be home at 5:00 hunny”

Ups driver: “Hope I can get home tonight in time to tuck the kids in”

Nurse: “Is it hot enough for you?” “You don’t have AC in your truck?”