UPS getting “BAD DEAL” in contract? Lol

What'dyabringmetoday???

Whatever you do, DO
NOT make any changes to your 401k. When you get to within 5 years of retirement you might think of moving some of your holdings in to more conservative investments before rolling the whole thing over to an IRA upon retirement. You can contribute to your IRA up to the annual max ($7K?) if you have at least that amount of EARNED income. Pensions and SS are UNEARNED income.
Thank you for all of your financial advice. It has definitely helped me out. Lol.

Over70irregs

I guess it can be negotiated. I like having my own account, out of the unions hands. With Yellow closing will our pension benefits get spread thinner affecting our monthly benefits from the Teamster’s pension?
Good question. We know they were ran bad for years. We cannot run bad cause we have stockholders. We are a leading world indicator of sorts. No one is impenetrable.

Thebrownblob

The pension fund is already nearly insolvent. Do you really think the government is going to write a check every decade to bail it out? Simple math The pension will go away .
Which pension fund are you talking about? Central states has enough money for the next 30 years, after that you could be correct. Although in 30 years, there’s gonna be a lot less people drawings on it if you know what I mean.

Up In Smoke

The pension fund is already nearly insolvent. Do you really think the government is going to write a check every decade to bail it out? Simple math The pension will go away .
The government played a large roll in its' demise, why shouldn't they help with its' restructuring?

upser2020

Some of you mention portability with 401k but isn't it true that once you hit your vesting requirements (I think it's 5 years where I'm at) that even if you leave you still get whatever pension you've earned once you retire?

Zowert

Just be happy you have a job
I mean you’re right, we could be one of those minorities doing gig work out of a Prius, which we don’t even own. Shacking up in a 500 sq-foot studio apartment with four roommates, who are also UberEats and Lyft drivers. Our economy is creating more and more cheap gig work, where you make just enough to survive and you’re never able to actually own anything.

I mean you’re right, we could be one of those minorities doing gig work out of a Prius, which we don’t even own. Shacking up in a 500 sq-foot studio apartment with four roommates, who are also UberEats and Lyft drivers. Our economy is creating more and more cheap gig work, where you make just enough to survive and you’re never able to actually own anything.
Or have an honest chance at a retirement